What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I feel like I'm asking so many questions..  (Read 2429 times)

Rachel

• Four Winds Maverick I
I feel like I'm asking so many questions..
« on: July 28, 2005, 06:14:35 pm »
well I am. LOL!  I have test strips that I bought at the dealership that test mps. I bought dichlor and the shock. Am I supposed to have other stuff if my strips don't match up right? I see posts about Ph up and Ph down, etc..... Just want to try and get into a groove and know what I'm doing.  I'm also using a Nature2 filter.  Thanks!

Rachel

Hot Tub Forum

I feel like I'm asking so many questions..
« on: July 28, 2005, 06:14:35 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: I feel like I'm asking so many questions..
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 06:36:24 pm »
well I am. LOL!  

"newbies" always do. Don't sweat it.
I have test strips that I bought at the dealership that test mps.

mps? What do your test strips measure exactly?
I bought dichlor and the shock. Am I supposed to have other stuff if my strips don't match up right? I see posts about Ph up and Ph down, etc.....

You will need a product to increase Total Alkalinity, ph+, ph- and you may need Calcium Hardness increaser. I recommend Stain & Scale inhibitors, but I beleive they are not compatible with N2

« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 06:37:06 pm by HotTubMan »
Homeworks Financing Representative

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 11:46:41 pm »
The first thing that I recommend our customers do is adjust for TA (total alkalinity) and calcium hardness.  After that I like to leave the balance alone for a few days except for sanitizer.

I'm not a real fan of the MPS strips because it will fluctuate so much you will never keep up with that. MPS is a shock that burns off the organic waste that is killed by the sanitizer.

What you need to test on a consistent basis is the Chlorine content, the PH and the alkalinity.

There are also some performance enhancers like stain and scale, enzyme and other clarifiers that make the water nice and aid in the life of the water in the tub and the spa itself but they are truly secondary to the other three things I mentioned.

I use clarifier as I need it, enzyme every other week and either protect plus or stain and scale the opposite weeks.

Clarifier will coagulate the small particles in the water and help catch them in the filter.

Stain 'n Scale and/or Protect plus will suspend the metal particles in a solution and help prevent the brown line at water level in addition to prolonging the life of metal parts in contact with the water.

Enzyme is a great product that breaks down oils from your body and lotions so that the filter can work more effective.

I’ve just found a new product called “Silken” that you add at fill to make the water feel softer and help with dry skin…I’m going to try it on next fill before I push it on my customers but I let you know how it works.

Chris_H

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 12:41:21 am »
Please stop asking questions.  

Just kidding.  I didn't read your post.  I just wanted to respond to it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 12:41:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42