What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi quality???  (Read 14080 times)

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jacuzzi quality???
« on: July 19, 2005, 05:04:24 pm »
How do people feel about the quality of a Jacuzzi compared to Sundance, Caldera, or Marquis?

I know Sundance is the owned by Jacuzzi.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi quality???
« on: July 19, 2005, 05:04:24 pm »

tootall

Re: Jacuzzi quality???
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 05:50:33 pm »
I think that all are good the best way to tell which one is right for you is wet test and re wet test. I bought a Marquis Epic and it should be at my home some time after my hand gets out of my cast. I broke it getting my area ready to pour a slab. well any who I went with the epic for the sole reason reason of I enjoyed the wet test more then Sundance and hot springs. I think sundance owns Jacuzzie but you might be right in your way of thinking too. But their all good. Have fun shopping. and Wet test wet test and wet test.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 05:55:17 pm »
Question for the veterans out there:

Did Jacuzzi decline or Sundance increase in quality (or neither) when Jacuzzi aquired Sundance?
Homeworks Financing Representative

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 09:16:35 pm »
Can't say but i know Sundance was going out of business until Jacuzzi took them over.....Sundance had many problems years ago.I am sure since Jacuzzi bought them both companys are doing well together.JT ;)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 10:10:47 pm »
From what I understand both have benefited Sun dance brought the technologies and spa know how to help Jacuzzi, while they had the deep pockets and name value, its been good for both .
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 12:02:35 pm by Mendocino101 »

J._McD

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 06:23:41 am »
Question for the veterans out there:

Did Jacuzzi decline or Sundance increase in quality (or neither) when Jacuzzi aquired Sundance?

IMHO, Sundance, recognized as one of the premium manufactures in the industry in the '90's, was purchased by Jacuzzi who already had their own Hot Tub line but was not enjoying a good selling position or success in the marketplace and they now own and reap the benefits of Sundance along with their patents for what they are worth.  

Jacuzzi, up until then, 1998, was never recognized as a sought after Hot Tub in the industry although they had "name" recognition.  They now have stature and recognition in the marketplace with both brand names and have become arguably the "world's largest acrylic Hot Tub manufacturer".

While I can not directly comment on the Jacuzzi product, it comes out of the same manufacturing facility as the Sundance product; however they are not manufactured to the same or even similar specifications.  They are different products.  The two products have developed over time at the expense of "new ways" in which things are done.  These "new ways" have been under construction for a long time and are continuing to undergo continuous changes to improve conditions and situations.

Sundance was an industry leader and still is.  Jacuzzi was a recognizable name and will always be.  The two together have the recognition and the power to develop into an industry giant that is being built by the interest and efforts of independent small dealers who are subject to being replaced by "big box" number crunchers representing deep pockets and multiple outlets.  

This could be a big mistake and a threat to customer care and satisfaction which is the keystone of small business and the dealer network that made Sundance what it is today.

It is turning into numbers with a push for more market share, higher volume, pushing numbers at increased manufacturing cost, higher overhead to produce and deliver more volume, selling to fewer accounts with multiple outlets at lower prices to increase consumer consumption and higher profits across the board, leading to less after the sale attention and service.

They are out there now.  Larger conglomerates where there is no owner to talk to, just employees who get younger every day and turnover, always a new face, selling multiple lines and specializing in none, AND THEN, they come and go and they close too.  :o

This is a specialty business and people, the shopping consumer, likes to be taken care of when they need something.  You can always buy something but does Sam's or Costco or the large corporate seller really care about you the individual when you have a question or a need for service?    ??? ???

On the subject of Quality, there is always room for improvement.  ;)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 07:23:34 am »
I'd like to see the look on the average Home Depot or Sam's Club or Costco employee when you ask them to help you diagnose your water issues.  
Brewman
Brewman

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2005, 09:09:22 am »
I am talking about Jacuzzi Premium, not the stuff from Costco or Sam's.  I am looking at Jacuzzi's 365, Sundance's Altamar or Majestic, and Caldera Aspire or Hawaiian.  I do like the lights and waterfall.  It seems like you get those from Jacuzzi for a good price.

J._McD

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2005, 09:31:52 am »
luigi311, The "Quality" in both Sundance And Jacuzzi are good, above average, if not very good and are fully covered by an exceptional warranty considered better than MOST others in the industry that backs them up.  The manufacturing  "Quality" is the SAME if they are being made under the scrutiny of ISO 9001.  Inspect the "fit and finish" and either, both or all spas that you shop and water test.  They are considered to be in the top category of the industry.  

Caldera is made to a lesser standard, IMO, but is a very good product.  Compare a cabinet panel from the Caldera to the Sundance if they will allow that.

Marquis is in the TOP category as well.  If you wish COMPARE the written EXCLUSIONS and LIMITATIONS contained in the warranties.

Is there something more specific you are looking for? ???
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 09:35:05 am by J._McD »

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2005, 10:35:46 am »

Caldera is made to a lesser standard, IMO, but is a very good product.  Compare a cabinet panel from the Caldera to the Sundance if they will allow that.

I believe Caldera and Hot Springs both come out of the same factory, just like Sundance and Jacuzzi Hot tubs.  Running with what J said in a post above, an apples to apples comparison might be:

Hot Spring to Sundance
Caldera to Jacuzzi

All 4 can be good tubs, all 4 have differences, some just in bells and whistles, some in craftsmanship. You'll find happy owners of all 4.

-Ed

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2005, 10:37:06 am »
They now have stature and recognition in the marketplace with both brand names and have become arguably the "world's largest acrylic Hot Tub manufacturer".

Just a nit, but if you combine all of Watkins tubs they probably push the most tubs.

-Ed

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005, 10:48:12 am »

Just a nit, but if you combine all of Watkins tubs they probably push the most tubs.

-Ed

Ed;

I think that is why he said "acrylic"

The only way anyone can know how many spas anyone sold is through tracking sales of acrylic sheets to the spa manufacturers.

There are two flaws in that method:
1)It only tells you how many sheets the manufacturer purchased, not how many spas were actually sold. A smart manufacturer will forecast and not over purchase...but some will.
2) Companies such as HS and D-1 sell a good number of Endural or UltraLife thermal plastic shells. They do buy these materials from Lucite or Aristech.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2005, 12:02:09 pm »

I believe Caldera and Hot Springs both come out of the same factory, just like Sundance and Jacuzzi Hot tubs.  Running with what J said in a post above, an apples to apples comparison might be:

Hot Spring to Sundance
Caldera to Jacuzzi

-Ed

That is probably a very good apples to apples comparison ...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 12:04:39 pm by Mendocino101 »

J._McD

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2005, 08:46:36 pm »
I do agree with all of the aforementioned comments and do not or did not intend or mean to slight any of the manufacturers mentioned or compared.  I would e thourghly pleased to own any d##n one of them as the proof of the pudding and the outcome would not have a negligible difference to any of them.

There I think I covered all of my bases and it really comes down to the relationship that is developed between the product the user and the advisor.

You just can not make a wrong decision. ;)

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2005, 12:25:17 am »
It seems like Jacuzzi gives you a waterfall and extra lights at lower price points than the other two manufacturers.  The Sundance dealer keeps offering demo's and factory seconds for discounts.  Also looking for something with a great therapeutic massage
and one that has a great foot and leg massage.

I like the Aspire by Caldera.  Seems like that one costs too much.  Where I found the 365 for $7200 including tax, set up, ozonator, cover lift and chems.  Found a last year model Sundance demo Altamar for $6400 w/o tax.
Found a Caldera Hawaiian for 7450.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2005, 12:25:17 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42