What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filtering Time?  (Read 2602 times)

Yorag

• Big Cal Spas Fan
Filtering Time?
« on: July 29, 2005, 12:34:22 pm »
My ever so popular Cal Spa is now fixed and operating once again and we are enjoying using it again. It wasn't too difficult digging through the foam with the spa up on blocks to find the leak. The leak was coming from the plastic line supplying the inlet to the spa from the ozone unit.

My question is this, the spa controls have 4 settings for filtration. On the digital control panel they display as F0, F2, F4 and F8. Apparently these are the filtering times for every 12 hour cycle. The system defaults to F4 which is 4 hours of continuous filtering every 12 hours. 8 hours of filtering every 24 hour period seems like a lot to me when we typically only use the spa for about 20-30 mins.every other day or so.
I would also like to save a little electricity usage considering all of the warnings here in California due to excessive electrical usage on these hot days and the threat of brown outs.
Would the F2 setting (2 hours filtration every 12 hours) be enough?  I can't remember what the F0 setting is, but I suspect it may be for continuous filtration.
Any help will be appreciated!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 01:30:10 pm by Yorag »

Hot Tub Forum

Filtering Time?
« on: July 29, 2005, 12:34:22 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Filtering Time?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 01:42:55 pm »
F2 should be OK. You will know quickly if it is not.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Filtering Time?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 01:42:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42