What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: "Foam in Beer--Good!  Foam in tub--Bad!"  (Read 3906 times)

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
"Foam in Beer--Good!  Foam in tub--Bad!"
« on: July 27, 2005, 05:38:25 pm »
I have discovered what causes foam in my hot tub. No I am not drinking beer in the tub.  I recently changed my water and added the necesarry chemicals like bromine, PH -, etc...  Once I added the water clarifier, I got foam.  Seems to me clarifier should be renamed to foamafier. Anyone else have input on this?  
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 05:55:43 pm by Campsalot »

Hot Tub Forum

"Foam in Beer--Good!  Foam in tub--Bad!"
« on: July 27, 2005, 05:38:25 pm »

txwillie

Re: "Foam in Beer!--Good  Foam in tub--Bad!"
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 05:45:49 pm »
foamifier is a pretty accurate description. I try not to put any chems other than sanitizer, shock and baking soda in my tub. I do use Spa Perfect enzyme stuff once a week and after a filter change just in case there is a trace of cleaner left in the filter

txwillie

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: "Foam in Beer--Good!  Foam in tub--Bad!"
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 09:01:42 am »
I have discovered what causes foam in my hot tub. No I am not drinking beer in the tub.  I recently changed my water and added the necesarry chemicals like bromine, PH -, etc...  Once I added the water clarifier, I got foam.  Seems to me clarifier should be renamed to foamafier. Anyone else have input on this?  

Arrrgh. Tell me this isn't true.  I had a slight foam problem after several curious friends spent a significant time in my new tub. I used a foam down product. It worked ok.  but the water was cloudly, so I then used a clairerfier.

Water cleared up, but then slight foaming came back.

More anti foam  which lead to more clairfier which lead to more anti foam which lead to more cairefier...you get the picture. After 1.5 weeks of chasing this, I said "screw it" and followed the 1 month rule and dumped the water.

arrrrrrrgh! Gererally speaking, doing clairifiers typically cause some residual foaming?
07 Caldera Geneva

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 11:21:36 am »
IMO, clarifiers should be used when needed but not as a routine add. They do cause more foaming initally and you should rinse off your filter after using them.

BTW, I never cared for much foam in my beer either.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 11:33:12 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 11:31:15 am »
I added my clarifier last night since the tub looked a bit cloudy but everything else was in perfect alignment, ph bromine and alk was good....mine never did foam, but...what I got was worse than foam...a tub line from h e double tooth picks..it looked like someone smeared grease on the side of my tub!! EWWWWWWWWW talk about gross to clean up this morning! So......my water is now very clear, and everything is clean once again..oh I am currently cleaning fliters.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 05:07:18 pm »
hey campsalot

You must be drinking american beer.  Foam in our Canadian beer brings a tear to my eye each sip.  Listen, tilt the glass when you pour, the true canadian way.  

And for petes sake, stop drinking the old milwauke and spend the money on some good canadian beer.  Our beer actually has flavour and booze, unlike that american brand.  

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
Re: "Foam in Beer--Good!  Foam in tub--Bad!"!
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 10:02:59 pm »
Eh, bosco!  What kinda of beer should I drink eh!  Maybe I should go north.  You see after all I'm just a hoser eh???  LOL  Good post Bosco

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 10:27:57 pm »
ouch eh, you cant talk like that without a tuke on eh.  Listen come deep north into a small place called Canada, where the beer is always cold and strong, hockey is always on one of our channels, and only where men can grab a broom and use it to play a sport.  Thats what im talking about, Canada.  
Watch out for the mounties at the border, and if you want to go tubbing at my house, make sure you bring a winter hat, -26 sure is cold down here but it usually gets colder than that.  

oh yeah I forgot,

Take off eh!!!!

;D ;D ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 10:27:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42