What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ok if using Nature2 and Dichlor  (Read 3096 times)

Rachel

• Four Winds Maverick I
Ok if using Nature2 and Dichlor
« on: July 28, 2005, 02:18:16 pm »
Hi,
I'm a big time newbie. We will be getting the tub started here soon.  Hubby has to buy a sump pump to get rid of the water that's been sitting in the tub because we had to wait to get the electrical work fixed...Now it's ready to go so what is my first step?  I understand that with Nature2 you do not need as much dichlor. I have the shock and the regular dichlor.   How much do I put in to get it going for the first time?  Thanks!

Rachel

Hot Tub Forum

Ok if using Nature2 and Dichlor
« on: July 28, 2005, 02:18:16 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Ok if using Nature2 and Dichlor
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 02:29:54 pm »
Just curious why you would have to get a pump?  Does the spa not have a drain?

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 02:31:31 pm »

From the Nature 2 website, it says to add 1 teaspoon of dichlor to spa per 250 gallons.

Here's thier site: http://www.focuspools.com/products/Nature2/SpaSanitizers-Nature-2-Spa-Purifier-Cartridge.asp
07 Caldera Geneva

Rachel

• Four Winds Maverick I
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 03:06:12 pm »
Yes it does have a drain but from what I heard it's much faster to pump it.  I tested the water though and it looks like I do not need to drain it.  I'm just going to start by adding chemicals....

Thank you for the responses.

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 04:00:44 pm »
Use a piece of pool hose.  Prime it with the jets and weight it down to the bottom of the spa.  Much cheaper than a pump and almost as fast.

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 04:13:54 pm »
For the N2 cartridge, after your water is balanced add about 1 teaspoon of dichlor per 250 gallons(as mentioned above).  The N2 website gives you a regimen using MPS but I have been using striclty dichlor(and N2 and ozone) for 3 years with no problems.

IBinit4fun

• I love this tub,... ...puts a big smile on my face
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 04:29:41 pm »
For the N2 cartridge, after your water is balanced add about 1 teaspoon of dichlor per 250 gallons(as mentioned above).  The N2 website gives you a regimen using MPS but I have been using striclty dichlor(and N2 and ozone) for 3 years with no problems.

I use N-2, ozone, 1-1/2 tsp MPS after each soak, and shock once per week with 1-1/2 tsp dichlor in 400 gallon tub. Works great for me for last 1-1/2 years, but my tub only gets used about 3 times per week by two people. I read that you can use strictly dichlor at a rate of 1tsp of dichlor = 3 tblspn MPS.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 04:29:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42