What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: beachcomber 578 feed back  (Read 10128 times)

FUZZ

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
beachcomber 578 feed back
« on: July 21, 2005, 11:29:48 pm »
 I am new to the forum but have been reading for some time , with all the information  :D I have found here , we are  about to get wet, but would like some feel back  from owner of the beachcomber 578 + or - on the tub we are looking at ,can't wait !!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

beachcomber 578 feed back
« on: July 21, 2005, 11:29:48 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: beachcomber 578 feed back
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 01:50:13 am »
Personally, one of my favorite Beachcomber models. I love the layout and it's a perfect spa for a family with kids. If you're a bigger guy ( assuming you're a guy...)
the deep captains chair is for you. A great variation of seating heights for all.

The reflex foot massage in this model nearly pushes the water out of the tub on the opposite side it's so powerful as the 4.5HP pump is diverted down to 3 large foot jets.

A little pricey now compared to what they were a couple of years ago and fewer jets than similarly priced spas. The filtration is slightly below industry average IMO with a standard 25 sq ft filter but adequate.

A very well built spa with above average company support and a spa you and your family could own and enjoy for many years if it's in your budget.

Steve (X Beachcomber guy :) )

ssmtim

• Good Bye Cruel World!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 08:01:30 am »
What Steve said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We love ours - we have had it for two years now.  The variable seat heights are great.  We have been sitting in the higher seats during this heat wave and enjoying the jets without overheating.  It is a great tub.  You will enjoy it.

Regards

Tim
Proud Owner of a Beachcomber 578

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 09:08:15 am »
When we started looking at tubs 1 1/2 years ago the 578 was the model we had in mind, we have 3 children the youngest being 6 at the time and the one seat fit him perfectly.  By the time we were ready to buy my son had grown quite a bit nad we no longer required the small seat so we decided on the 750 model.  We are 5 in our family and found we required the extra room, we first were going to purchase the 580 as the size was the same as the 750 with 1 less pump and less jets.  We went to purchase and found a floor model 750 on sale for the same price as a new 580 so we wet tested and bought it while towelling off.  We had some problems with the floor model and Beachcombers were there to take care of the problem (they replaced the tub with a brand new model no charge within a week).  We love the tub and get great use out of it and i am positive that if we had bought the 578 last year we would still be very happy today.  Hope this helps.

Steve you say the filtration is not adequate @ 25 sq ft, they sell a 50 sq ft filter at the store can you just pop it in, it's the same dimensions??

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 09:41:33 am »
Steve you say the filtration is not adequate @ 25 sq ft, they sell a 50 sq ft filter at the store can you just pop it in, it's the same dimensions??
Ray

With owning a spa that is 1500 liters and having a family of 5 Ray, I would suggest upgrading to the 50 sq ft. Yes, it's the same size.

Steve

Rayman

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 10:30:38 am »
Thanks Steve that was a question I was going to ask the dealer but keep forgetting when I go there.  I wonder why they wouldn't make it standard as it is only about 7 bucks more?

ray

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 10:42:15 am »
They come with 25 sq ft filters from the factory. From a manufacturer's point of view, I guess the cost difference in 5000 spas annually allows Keith Scott to maintain his Bentley. ;D

Steve

Rayman

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 10:57:28 am »
Still laughing, hehehe

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 01:25:49 pm »
Yeah, but do you think he will ever start buying socks?

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2005, 04:06:11 pm »
Actually a standard pleated filter with smaller sq. ft will probably filter better than 50 or 60 or what ever.  The sq. ft. have been way over marketed.  If you look at a 50 vs. 35 vs. 25 or what ever, you'll see that the only difference is the number of folds or pizza slices.  Only the 50 is such a small pizza slice that dirt builds up at the point faster and doesn't allow water flow the way it should.  Check for yourself.  Same spa put a smaller sq. ft. filter in next to a larger and flow will remain greater and edges of "pizza slice" will fill with dirt more efficiently than larger sq. ft.  Based on same diameter mind you.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2005, 04:57:06 pm »
They come with 25 sq ft filters from the factory. From a manufacturer's point of view, I guess the cost difference in 5000 spas annually allows Keith Scott to maintain his Bentley. ;D

Steve

Rayman;

Check with the store. Last I heard they did make 50 sq ft filter standard.
Homeworks Financing Representative

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2005, 04:58:17 pm »
Yeah, but do you think he will ever start buying socks?

;)

Keith wear socks? NEVER!

He will need you to pass him a tissue or hanky if you go the dealer conference. (Steve knows what I mean)
Homeworks Financing Representative

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
I just purchased a BeRe: beachcomber 578 feed back
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2005, 04:06:40 pm »
I just purchased a Beachcomber 580.  We went the dealer considering the 578, 580, 730 and 750. The dealer did not have the 730 in the show room so we ruled it out.  Wet tested the rest.  The 578 seemed a littler cramped for our family of five, the foot well was especially tight.  We did not like the lounge on the 750, floated me out and when not using it as a lounge but as a seat the jets hit your side (not very comfortable).  Anyway we loved the 580 and bought it.  May have bought the 730 but the dealer did not have it to try.  As everyone says wet test.  The 580 was only $500 more than the 578.

SJK

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2005, 09:30:24 pm »
We bought the 730 in late April and LOVE it.  We're in it nearly every night and have had no problems at all.  The dealer support has been great and any time I'm not sure about the water I just take in a sample and they get it right.   Its been pretty much hassle free...just enjoy the bubbles.  Based at least somewhat on our experience, our neighbour is getting the 578 and I hope they'll be as happy as we are.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2005, 09:30:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42