What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2005 Maxxus - lights quit working  (Read 3420 times)

Orthofunk

2005 Maxxus - lights quit working
« on: July 25, 2005, 10:06:33 pm »
I've had the tub for about 1.5 months now.  Tonite, I went for a soak, and couldn't turn the lights on.

Is this a common problem?  (The weather reached 102 degrees today.)

Is there an easy fix?

Should I call the dealer tomorrow?

We have our first big party since getting the tub and pool this weekend.  I need working lights!!

Other than this problem, the MAXXUS IS AWESOME!!

Hot Tub Forum

2005 Maxxus - lights quit working
« on: July 25, 2005, 10:06:33 pm »

J._McD

Re: 2005 Maxxus - lights quit working
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 10:57:10 pm »
If the lights aren't working call your dealer, I have seen this happen on more than three occassions.  First and foremost, call your dealer now so you can get it taken care of by the weekend.

dentlfly

• maxxus owner
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 09:40:51 am »
this has been a battle with our maxxus since owning for 2 months. the dealer replaced power pac for lights. worked fine then quit again. another call to sundance technical found some tubs shipped with an undersized auto type inline fuse for lights; i believe dealer replaced with a 2.5 amp fuse. has worked well since. i am hoping this has solved this problem. other than the light issue, we love this tub. still waiting on new curved synthetic steps; apparently backordered.

SDguy

• Where do they get these names for spas?
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 04:33:16 pm »
Because of the switch from all real redwood steps and surrounds to synthetic material, this year all SD steps are on backorder. They will be coming soon though, I promise.

The lights on the Maxxus can be fixed easily, make sure you call your dealer asap to get it fixed by this weekend.

Orthofunk

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 12:46:22 pm »
The dealer's tech happenned to be on vacation this week, so dealer said they couldn't come out 'til next week.

After my wife called, they agreed to come out tomorrow.  I guess she was a little more persuasive  ;)

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 06:03:39 pm »
I also have a 2005 Maxxus.  My light also will stop responding from time to time.  I phoned my dealer and he informed me that I need to reboot the system by turning the main breaker off and then back on.  I did and the light is working fine.  This has happened to me twice though and I find the problem a little bothersome on such a high buck tub.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 06:03:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42