What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What is the STUPIDEST thing you've ever done.....  (Read 7909 times)

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
What is the STUPIDEST thing you've ever done.....
« on: July 25, 2005, 10:14:52 am »
as far as chems.......water.......or anything else with your hot tubs??

You all are gonna love this one...While in the tub yesterday afternoon I noticed a slight white line just above the water line, I decided taht maybe if I cleaned it would take care of the problem. So I proceed to go in the house and get a bowl of warm water , not even thinking I dropped a few drops of dish soap in the water...I took the bowl outside and started cleaning, I was doing realllll good and got myself inside the tub to get the back part of the tub (my side walls are a little bit to close to the sides of the hot tub so I can't fit inbetween and have to completely take off a panel of the wall th get back to the back of the tub to get the cover once a week it's a pain!) Here I am in the hot tub, bathing suit on (by the way why didn't anyone tell me that the hot tubs have a tendency of bleaching your suits? ohh and I don't bath nude until evening when it's dark outside otherwise the neighbor kids get a show) scrubbing the sides of the tub to get the what I would call a white line above the water line off. anyway to make a long story short...I was done with the entire tub turned around to grab the bowl..and WOSH it falls in the tub! OMG OMG I'm panicing about this time yelling at my hubby telling him we got big problems and to go get the defoamer. Jets got bumped on in the process of all this mess and whosh we have a bubble bath now!!!!!!!! Lesson of this story is........DO NOT PUT DISH SOAP IN YOUR WATER, if you scrub your topline above the waterline...just use plain water people or be very carful not to get it in the water!!!!! LOL

Hot Tub Forum

What is the STUPIDEST thing you've ever done.....
« on: July 25, 2005, 10:14:52 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: What is the STUPIDEST thing you've ever done..
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 10:20:34 am »
Stupidest thing with the hot tub?

Well there was this one time my wife came home and found me in the tub with half a dozen korean hookers....that was prettys stupid of me, but I'd rather not get into that at the moment.  8).

I've left drain vales open when trying to fill the tub.

I've locked myself out of the house while outside in the tub, in the middle of Feb, late at night druing a snow storm, naked.

;D
07 Caldera Geneva

Backpains

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 10:30:41 am »

Well there was this one time my wife came home and found me in the tub with half a dozen korean hookers....that was prettys stupid of me, but I'd rather not get into that at the moment.  8).

I've locked myself out of the house while outside in the tub, in the middle of Feb, late at night druing a snow storm, naked.

;D

Thank you drew for making me laugh today!! It's just not a good day for me but, thanks for the laugh hun. and I hope NOT to lock myself out of the house cause that would be realllly bad since there is NO extra key(gee maybe this is a hint to get one and put it in the hot tub room? ) and hubby works like 30 min away! You know how I drained mine? I took the hose put it in the bottom of the tub like I was going to fill it...and then turned on the hose on the other end (of course it was hooked to the spicket of the house) and then after about 1 min..I turned it off and unhooked it from the house and laid it on the grass....it drained in about 3 hours. Next time hubby wants to try the drain valves see which on is going to be quicker

Chris_H

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 10:31:02 am »

;D

I think Stuart has a story like that.  I know when I read it on here, I started rolling on the floor.  I will have to search for it.

Chris_H

« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 10:42:06 am by Chris_H »

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 10:45:16 am »
recently?
was topping off the water, as we had 4 adults in the tub and lost some water the previous night, and the phone rang. it was a good friend i hadn't spoken to in months as he moved out of the area. we proceeded to catch up on missed time.....
about 30 mins later, had that smack you forehead type moment, ran back outside to find the tub overflowing of course, and the surrounding lawn VERY well watered.....
naked tub stories seem pretty common, i've noticed. i didnt lock myself out or anything (have a spare key outside on the deck-THANKS DREWSKI !)
BUT.....
my neighbor put in a sunsetter type power awning to go with the new pool. for some reason he thought that something like airplane landind lights were a good addition to the outside rim of the awning. now his pool looks almost like daytime, even at night.
i discovered this one relaxing evening. i usually wear a pair of shorts into the tub, remove them and hang them on the side by the control pad. apparently gravity took over and my shorts fell onto the deck. my tub is not recessed in to the deck so its not possible to just reach out and grab them. as its usually quite dark, even this would not have much of an issue. of course at 10:00pm it suddenly became "daytime", and i was kinda "caught in the spotlights". as i looked around, i became very aware that night of exactly how many of my neighbors actually have windows facing my backyard.
did the quick tuck and roll and grabbed my towel of the rack. havent had a visists from local law enforcement, or cute neighbor comments, so i think i got away with it this time.....i now have some roll down bamboo type blinds for those times that a little privacy is needed.....

salesdvl

: What is the STUPIDEST thing you've ever done....
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 10:49:25 am »
Many many years ago I was giving a demo for a customer on a spa that had a pressure side filter.  As I was showing him how easy it was to spin the locking off and open the lid to clean the filter, the timer clicked on and the spa fired up.  All of a sudden I had water going everywhere and the pressure was too strong for me to get the filter lid back on to seal it.  I had to yell for a co-worker to kill the breaker.  Needless to say, I was soaked.  There was water everywhere and when I looked at the customer he said " OK, thanks" and walked out.
Measure once, cut twice.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2005, 10:59:21 am »
And then there was the time just a few weeks ago when the dealer's tech came out to install the ozinator. We where talking about the tub and going over it's features.

I was playing with the waterfall diverter valve and started to spin the locking flange around the valve. "Perhaps this also adjusts the pressue to the water fall?" I thought to myself. Nope. It loosened the valve,  and it flew off as water spewed out at a very high velocity, soaking me. My embarraessed wife rolled her eyes.  I just laughed.

The tech chuckeled  and told me that during a training course, another tech had done the exact same thing, except it was in the dead of winter and they were outside at the time. The poor guy had to go home as ice was forming on his soaked clothes.  

:P
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 11:01:02 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2005, 11:16:20 am »

hummmm why would she call you dumb for that....unless there were cheaper by the dozen.... ;)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2005, 11:34:02 am »
hummmm why would she call you dumb for that....unless there were cheaper by the dozen.... ;)

Cleaning the tub was a pain too.  I recomemed bleach.  ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

JJ

• Vita Nuage
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2005, 12:01:03 pm »
Well there was yesterday....

Cutting grass in the backyard next to my almost brand new soon-to-be-traded-in-for-full-value-on-a-Nuage Vita Joli, when the lawnmower picked up a stick and BAM!!!, a hole in the side panel of the spa.

So now I will buy my dealer a new panel to keep him from taking a bigger loss on my trade in.

The Nuage shows up this week!!!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2005, 12:06:50 pm »

The first I did twice.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 01:06:56 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2005, 01:00:31 pm »
Try a little bit of baking soda for the ring the next time.

Backpains

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2005, 01:14:25 pm »
Try a little bit of baking soda for the ring the next time.

Baking soda????????? Like Bill it was I wouldn't call it a scum line...more like the lines we get in the house on our faucets, I rubbed on it in a spot but it just came back when I did the Soap and water treatment to it...it went away. but I've not heard of using baking soda..wouldn't that raise my PH?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2005, 01:46:46 pm »
...And then there was this one time, when the inlet cover had fallen off, and I was in the tub all alone, naked, and feeling a bit well...randy....I had a few beers and I kept looking at that inlet, and after all, it t had been a awhile since I had any  um, " relations" and the next think I know well....let me just say, you should always be within reach of the circuit breaker, power switch and  you should never stick ANYTHIING in the inlet valve.   :o
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2005, 01:46:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42