What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Finally made our decision!  (Read 5494 times)

coachbob6811

Finally made our decision!
« on: July 22, 2005, 05:31:55 am »
We have really spent a lot of time in the last 2 to 3 weeks researching, and talking to friends who have hot tubs. There are a lot of really great hot tubs out there, as well as some that aren't so great. Most importantly was the amount of wet testing we did!  

My wife and I finally went to the store where Frank, (Wisoki, on this forum), works. If your in the Indianapolis area, you really need to see him before you make your decision. He's really a great guy, and a big help. We wet tested a Caldera Martinique and knew right then we had finally found our tub. Frank made us a great deal, and it was great how he made sure our entire family was comfortable with it before we bought it.

More then anything though, the wet test was the selling point. It is the only way you can really be sure that you are getting the tub you want!

I just want to thnk everyone for their input they gave me, you've been a big help.  ;D  

« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 05:32:16 am by coachbob6811 »

Hot Tub Forum

Finally made our decision!
« on: July 22, 2005, 05:31:55 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Finally made our decision!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 06:48:48 am »
Congrats and Enjoy!!

It's nice to see that an internet forum was able to help out 2 people - a consumer (happy customer) and dealer (a sale).

J._McD

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 08:33:43 am »
Congratulations on your shopping experience.  It should be as rewarding to everyone shopping for a Hot Tub.  There are a lot of GOOD Hot Tubs out there and better yet there are a LOT of GOOD Dealers out there.  It's a shame good dealers are not more identifiable or easier to recognize but the shopper's search will seak them out.

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 09:22:14 am »
A good dealer makes for a more relaxing soak.  I have spoken to quite a few people about my dealer stroy and they comment that thier dealer has been great for them as well.  I ask them if you have had any problems to speak of with their purchase and they haven't, my reply to them is a you will never know how great your dealer is until you really need them to rectify a problem---the way the dealer handles an issue is what seperates a great dealer from a good dealer from a crappy dealer.

Good luck with your purchase and I hope you never have to find out if you have a great dealer or a not so great dealer.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 09:47:04 am »
Congratulations and happy soaking!  FWIW, in my opinion Caldera is the best tub on the market.  I still miss my Geneva Utopia even though I am happy enough with my Envoy.  There are several other good tubs out there, but truthfully you picked a winner and I am sure Frank will treat you well.

Regards,

Bill

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 06:02:56 pm »
There are a number of dealers (and manufacturers reps) who  are on the board that I would have bought a tub from, if I was in their neighborhoods!!!

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2005, 01:47:19 pm »
Thanks for the kind words Bob. It was a pleasure meeting you and your family, and I'm glad to have been of assistance. Very soon, you'll be up to your neck in hot water! Thanks, talk to you soon.

Frank

We have really spent a lot of time in the last 2 to 3 weeks researching, and talking to friends who have hot tubs. There are a lot of really great hot tubs out there, as well as some that aren't so great. Most importantly was the amount of wet testing we did!  

My wife and I finally went to the store where Frank, (Wisoki, on this forum), works. If your in the Indianapolis area, you really need to see him before you make your decision. He's really a great guy, and a big help. We wet tested a Caldera Martinique and knew right then we had finally found our tub. Frank made us a great deal, and it was great how he made sure our entire family was comfortable with it before we bought it.

More then anything though, the wet test was the selling point. It is the only way you can really be sure that you are getting the tub you want!

I just want to thnk everyone for their input they gave me, you've been a big help.  ;D  

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2005, 02:29:57 pm »
Congratulations!  You purchased a great spa from a great manufacturer.  You will enjoy it for years to come!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

cappykat

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2005, 06:14:37 pm »
Ditto Lori's comment!!  
2005 Marquis Epic

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2005, 10:05:32 pm »
Congratulations! Its great to see a dealer on this board get a sale. They are all great for sharing their info and being true enthusiasts of their profession

Gil

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2005, 12:35:53 pm »
What is the name of the dealer where Frank works, and what lines do they carry?  I'm from Indiana as well but I live in the Northwestern part of the state.  My wife and I are also in the market for a hot tub and if things continue as they have been, I may just have to drive the 2 hours to pay a reputable dealer a visit.  I'm not having to much luck in this area.  I live in the middle of nowhere and I'm at least 30 minutes away from any dealer as it is.
Bob, I also sent you a PM on this topic.  Hope you don't mind.  I'd love to hear comments from you on your Martinique.  My wife really likes the looks and specs. on that particular model.  We have a Caldera dealer about an hour away but they never returned my phone call yesterday, I was told that all of the sales people were busy....kind of makes me wonder.

Take Care,
Gil

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2005, 12:53:27 pm »

Frank (Wisoki),
Are you with Caldera now?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

coachbob6811

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 07:35:12 am »
Yep, Frank is a Caldera guy.

Gil, sent you a PM yesteday!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 11:56:18 am »
Interesting stuff! 8)

<scanning back looking for all the posts that Frank slammed Caldera years ago when with Jacuzzi...>

J/K ;)

It's not like nobody did it when I changed companies... ;D

Steve

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 12:10:41 pm »
Interesting stuff!

Steve

The difference is that Frank is opinionated (NOT a bad thing necessarily or I'd be knocking myself) whereas you Steve are very meek and mild when it comes to stating what you think. ::) ;D ;)
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 12:10:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42