What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Yellow Frog ???  (Read 2525 times)

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
Yellow Frog ???
« on: July 08, 2005, 01:56:17 am »
Did a fresh water change today (had no issues, it was just time to change), let the water heat up to temp, then put in Frog Mineral cartridge (inline Frog system) then tossed in some dichlor... within 10 minutes the water was very very yellow  :-/

(I usually put in Bromine and shock with MPS without this reaction)

Anyone ever experience this  ???

e

Hot Tub Forum

Yellow Frog ???
« on: July 08, 2005, 01:56:17 am »

txwillie

Re: Yellow Frog ???
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 10:16:39 am »
I've gotten a greenish tint after adding granular bromine to new water. Goes away by the next day. BTW, I drained and filled last weekend and am switching to dichlor this time around to see if my issues with cloudy water and "effervesence" go away. I should know in a few weeks if dichlor is any better.

txwillie

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
Apple Juice anyone ???
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 04:19:09 pm »
well... the filter does its job and turns the water crystal clear after a couple of days of running... but when I shock with dichlor the water returns to apple juice.

While remaining a mystery, I have an idea: there is some dark brown "build-up" in the in-line frog - which my dealer had said was nothing to worry about. My guess is that the increased level of chlorine is "releasing" the build up in the PVC line into the water - although... bromine and MPS never had this effect.

Any ideas?

txwillie,  all well with your switch to dichlor?
e

txwillie

Re: Apple Juice anyone ???
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 04:50:13 pm »

txwillie,  all well with your switch to dichlor?

Could not be better. Just short of one month on dichlor and the water looks great, better than it ever did using bromine. No fizz, not cloudy with the jets running like it used to be, less chemical odor. Also since getting the tub and using bromine, my finger and toenails were kinda brittle and such. That went away within a few days outta the bromine water. I'd recommend switching, but that's just me.

txwillie

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Apple Juice anyone ???
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 04:50:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42