What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filter Cleaning  (Read 2927 times)

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
Filter Cleaning
« on: July 24, 2005, 02:02:57 am »
Just bought a Beachcomber 580 Hot Tub and have been looking into filter cartridge care.  Any help is appreciated.  I was going to buy a second filter cartridge and alternate soaking them in filter cleaner once a month.  

Any suggestions on what cleaner to soak the cartridges in?

How much cleaner is required to soak the cartridge?

Should I soak the cartridge all month or get it dry before reusing it?

How long would two filters last rotating them every month?

Any opinions on MicroPure Disposable Filters?

Thanks,

Mark

Hot Tub Forum

Filter Cleaning
« on: July 24, 2005, 02:02:57 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Filter Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 09:37:19 am »
I would go buy a bottle of "Filter Cleaner" and read the label. The stuff works pretty well. One thing that is not always clear on the label: if a bottle makes five gallons, but it only takes one gallon to cover your filter, you only need to add about a fifth of the bottle and save the rest for next time.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 09:10:21 am »
I would go buy a bottle of "Filter Cleaner" and read the label. The stuff works pretty well. One thing that is not always clear on the label: if a bottle makes five gallons, but it only takes one gallon to cover your filter, you only need to add about a fifth of the bottle and save the rest for next time.

I just figured that out this weekend.   :(

I cleaned my filter for the first time this weekend and used the whole bottle. The lable stated 1 bottle  for 5 gal of water.  I placed the filter in a five gallon bucket, dumped the entire contents of my $9.00 filter clean in and then started to fill the bucket.  

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

I realized that with the filter in the bucket I would propbably not even use 2 gal of water and didn't need to use the entire contents of the bottle. Arrrgh.

However, my filter is now very clean.

And the skin on my hands is peeling off. I didn't realize the filter cleaner caused leaprosy?

Next month, I'm only using 1/2 a bottle.
07 Caldera Geneva

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 09:17:11 am »
OMG drew!!!! sorry to laugh at your plight hun but OMG!!!!! Even I didn't use THAT much when I first used my filter cleaner in fact....I went to the total opposite of that spectrum!! I added like an ounce to 2 gallons of water let's just say my filter didn't come out very clean! Anyway I figured it out the next time I cleaned the filter...I really think it's a HIT and MISS kind of thing with the chems...trial and error. I still have to look at the back of each bottle to make sure I'm putting in the right amount..I think with time I will figure this out and  so will you!

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 02:36:36 pm »
That just goes to remind me why it's so wonderful to have filters that are dishwasher safe ;)

jetster

• Bublin Jetsetter
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 02:55:27 pm »
I got the tri-x filters with my Jetsetter. put them in the dishwasher and fugetaboutit

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 02:55:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42