What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog owners no sales people  (Read 3783 times)

mark 2550

Bullfrog owners no sales people
« on: July 23, 2005, 12:09:33 am »
Just was wanting to hear from bullfrog owner's about their likes and dislikes of their hottubs, looked at their models haven't seen them in person yet but the concept appears to be something I could live with my local dealer is 30 miles away might check them out next any comment's.

I know there was a member who bought one from a dealer in illinois I will be checkin out the same dealer in Bloomington feedback appreciated ::)

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog owners no sales people
« on: July 23, 2005, 12:09:33 am »

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
Re: Bullfrog owners no sales people
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 09:23:56 am »
Ok..I didn't buy a Bullfrog but, I did wet test the 641 Which I did love, the jets were a little more pressure for my back so that was one decision I decided not to buy....remember buying a hot tub is like purchasing a vehicle, don't limit your choices to just one place and remember to wet test, 90% of your buying will be on the wet test..some that don't like the bullfrog love something else and some are totally sold on the frogs  jet pack idea. I actually thought the idea of having jet packs and limiting the plumbing made alot of sense and if the Bullfrog wasn't so hard on my back with the jets...I would have bought one it was my second choice if the truth be known..darned Coleman sold me and now I'm mad...Just kidding. Do go test the Frog I liked it and it was very comfortable just really strong jets! Happy hunting!

BP

Gair

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 11:36:49 am »
We live in Central IL and have had a Bullfrog 451 for over a year.  It is in a 10’X25’ sunroom that was built on a patio. We have five dealers within  a twenty five mile radius of us.  One of the dealers (The Great Escape) has four different top brands.  As well as four other dealers of different brands.  We chose the Bullfrog after looking a many other top brands. The dealer we bought it from has been in the Spa and Pool business for over 40 years and has a very good reputation. (San Juan Pool & Spas in Bloomington and Pekin both in IL) I can’t say enough about this dealer.  We liked all the features on the Bullfrog.  With the ability to upgrade the jet packs and etc. Don’t worry about the jets being to strong just turn the ring around the jet to turn it up or down to suit yourself.  Also the way it is plumped made sense to us because we were placing it indoors.  It is perfected for us. But with different body types you need to wet test before buying any Spa.

mark 2550

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 12:29:24 pm »
Gair,
        This is the same dealer I'm heading to in bloomington I'm located in decatur I myself like the ideal of their plumbing and ablility to customuze the seating arrangment's, have some other brand's as well on my list  I put the bullfrog on my list until I see them in person, will let you know my thought's later this evening

Backpains

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 12:43:23 pm »
Mark:

What other brands are you considering?

mark 2550

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 05:50:16 pm »
Backpains,

We have looked at all the local dealer's but don't want to limit our choices to these brand's only went today to just look at the build quality of the bullfrog line-up planning on checking out another area maybe next week then deciding on which ones we want to wet test the brand's that we have looked at to date are

1) Hot spring's
2) Tiger River
3) Caldera
4) Marquis
5) Great Lakes
6) Artesian (Gold & Island series)
7) L.A. Spa's
  Bullfrog

Still plan on looking at D-1 and coleman then decide which ones we would like to wet test were taking our time because will will have to live with tub for awhile but we have ruled a couple of the above brands do to how we felt treated when just looking, even visited a second time just to make sure they weren't just having a bad day just our impressions and thought wow if we buy from them and have a problem how will that go.

The first 7 manufacture's are in our town and #8 is about 35 miles away same with  other 2 we haven't had a chance to check out yet but in a town in another direction maybe next weekend if possible

mark 2550

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2005, 12:10:46 am »
Well I can say the bullfrog 552 & 562 are on our list to wet test the dealer had a 682 model with water and offered us to wet test it today we declined for now, he was a pleasure to talk to answered most of my questions and is checking on a couple he wasn't 100% sure of though this was great instead of just giving me answer and it might not be right.

I'm a maintenace person for a major food processing plant and I rebuild pump's on a daily basis so I understand the stress that plumbing goes through I repair stainless pipes on a weekly basis so it's safe for me to say I was impressed with the plumbing,insulation features of this product if the tub fit's us wet as well as it did dry and the jets are to our satifaction this will more than likely be our choice of tub even thought this dealer is about 40 miles away delivery is still free.

The price is little steep for a tub with no bells and whistles but the ability to upgrade jetpacks later is a huge plus and I was told they are coming out with a waterfall next month to test that will insert in one of the jetpacks, earlier when first looking this was a must on the wife selections and she never even mentioned it when looking today, she was thrilled with the ability to customize the seating area's with her choice of different jet selections and when the salesman told us about this waterfall addition her eyes kinda lit up I just hope the wet test goes as well, I explained to her on the way home we need to set up at least 3 different wet test and all she could say is when are we going to wet test this is been her first excitement since we started looking you know due to all the confusion's of this feature and that feature, time will tell now I have to set-up a wet test and when I asked what other models would she like to test she simply said you can decide that I think she's already sold so I hope the wet test doesn't dissapoint her will chime in a week or two after wet testing.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2005, 10:27:10 pm »
Not a dealer (of ANY Hot tub) but was "almost" a Bullfrog dealer. Found that the product was VERY GOOD. They do have things other mfg's do not which is a good selling point. However, as with any business the dealer themselves can become an issue. Some dealerships simply charge TOO much for the Bullfrog line. They do this thinking that "somehow" the features and benefits warrant the additional cost.  This is where they go wrong. While some people may be willing to be "talked into" how good those features are, the bottom line is that hot tubs are a RETAIL business and a "good dealer" would simply set a reasonable markup and move as many as made sense for his size.  Some BF dealers are making $3K on a $7K tub. Others are making $1,500 on the same tub and selling it for $$5,800 (or so).  Bottom line.... A "good" BF dealer will have about 50% of his tub available under $7K. The bad ones will "start you around $6,200 and then go up from there.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

mark 2550

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2005, 10:46:08 pm »
Thank you for that bit of information I'm checking around the internet and trying to see what other's are paying for their tubs although we haven't asked the dealer their best price they did have all the models there exept in which they just sold a week ago they did have their prices on the tubs, but I will have to agree I have contacted a person who bought theirs for alot less for the same model in Jan. 05 so they are giving me the name of their dealer and after we wet test and decide if this is the tub we want then we'll negotiate if I don't feel it's with in reason we walk there are alot of other nice tubs out there so I will be looking for comfort and value I'll pay a fair mark-up but I do research on things I have little knowledge about buying.

Once again thank you for the insight

Mark

Backpains

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 10:24:43 am »
Ok, the Bullfrog tub I was looking at with an additional jet pack and delivery (yes I live 2 hours away so it's an additional cost for me) $6,000 for the 2-3 person BF. I got a Coleman 461 that seats 4-5 persons for $5700 so I'm quite happy. Like I said though, buying a hot tub is like buying a car or truck or suv or whatever....it's what fits you best..the BF I floated in (of course the darned dealer didn't have the tub I was interested in he only let me wet test a bigger tub)...HS was just to cramped for me...caldera I loved that was actually my second choice....and Cal spas didn't have the "umph" in their jets for my taste (I like jets that have some good pressure that one didn't BTW they would have sold that 4-5 person hot tub to me for 5100 it had a waterfall but...it had a slight blemish where it looked like the acrilic got smacked and they patched it back together) I was set on the Caldera Kuiai until I went to the Coleman dealer and sat in the 461 that was all it took...I have back problems as all of you know the jets in the coleman hit exactly where I need them to hit, lower back and tailbone and hips, I do not regret buying this tub it's perfect for me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 10:24:43 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42