What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Good or Bad Deal ?  (Read 3151 times)

Saycheese

Good or Bad Deal ?
« on: July 24, 2005, 04:21:11 pm »
Hello All,
Thank you all for the info I have gained from reading... (lurking) over the last month. I was just asked if I was interested in buying a Hot Spot Serrento (2004) that a friend won in a rodio contest. She has no use for it an I have a spot all ready wired and ready to go . The dealer is just 7 mi. away from my home and has been in business  for for many years. The paper work she gave me shows that the spa is worth $4525.00 with start up chemicals. I know it has a cover an thats about it.
This my first spa and I know it is very basic but would you think it would be worth the asking price of $2500.00?
Just a cheese head...
Go Badgers!

Hot Tub Forum

Good or Bad Deal ?
« on: July 24, 2005, 04:21:11 pm »

Michelle

• He said "trust me!" so I married him.
Re: Good or Bad Deal ?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 07:26:23 am »
Will they transfer the warranty to you since they probably have not delivered it yet?

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 08:25:46 am »
In unused condition, I'd say it was a reasonable price.
You're getting essentially a brand new spa.
Brewman
Brewman

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 09:39:47 am »
that sounds like a very good deal. i am not a dealer, but i bought a 3-4 yr old hs jet setter at an estate auction. new price is about $5500 here in my area. i put an ad in our local green sheet, asked for $2900 and got $2600. this was for  a 3-4 year old spa with a cover only. nothing else. it was in great shape, but had a couple of scuff marks on the cabinet (probably from being moved).
for a brand new, unused tub, that sounds like a very good price....IF you like the tub and its comfy for you.
if you dont use it much, it is not worth it. you should put that $2500 towards a tub you will love and use alot....

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 01:47:26 pm »
That would be a very good deal for that spa.  It is the same spa as a Caldera Cumberland, so don't let the name "Hot Spot" concern you.  The spa is made by Watkins, Mfg, the world's largest portable spa manufacturer.  Although the warranty is not transferable, it should be problem free for many, many years.  Enjoy!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 01:52:39 pm »
It sounds like an excellent way, without investing a  lot  (relatively speaking ) of money upfront to get into a decent spa.  You may find you really enjoy it and trade up in a few years, or you may find it's not for you, in which you haven't dropped $8500.00 for an oversized lawn planter.  ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 01:52:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42