What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi vs. Hotspring  (Read 11330 times)

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Jacuzzi vs. Hotspring
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2005, 04:25:02 pm »
HS does not use a titanium heater.  Unless I'm wrong they use the Laing heater which is incolloy 825 which has a small % of titanium.  Telling customers it is Titanium is misleading.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2005, 04:25:02 pm »

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2005, 04:26:17 pm »
Orlandoguy, did you only look at HS & Jacuzzi.  No one else?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2005, 08:16:18 pm »
HS does not use a titanium heater.  Unless I'm wrong they use the Laing heater which is incolloy 825 which has a small % of titanium.  Telling customers it is Titanium is misleading.

HS uses a Titanium heater. In fact, they have recently introduced the same heater into the Tiger River line.

Tiger River Spas used to come with a Laing Heater, which was (and is) sold as "Stainless Steel." It may have a small % of Titanium, but we do not sell it that way, nor have I ever seen it mentioned in any of the literature.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

mxw128

• Newbie with an 05 Vanguard
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2005, 11:53:55 am »
HS uses a Titanium heater. In fact, they have recently introduced the same heater into the Tiger River line.

Tiger River Spas used to come with a Laing Heater, which was (and is) sold as "Stainless Steel." It may have a small % of Titanium, but we do not sell it that way, nor have I ever seen it mentioned in any of the literature.

When will they start selling the Tiger River spas with the HS heater?  I just bought a HS Vanguard (this last week) and when I called Watkins to inquire about the differences between HS and TR, they still cited the heaters (among a few other things) being different. ( I was considering a Caspian)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2005, 09:41:50 am »
It was in a notice sent out to dealers a couple of weeks ago - but I'm sorry, I don't remember the date that the change was to take place.

Keep in mind that as you move farther East dealers are more likely to stock spas. Because of this, they may want to sell the in-stock tubs prior to brininging in new, and so what they said may very well be true in thier store.

There certainly is nothing wrong with either heater and they are covered by the same warranty.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2005, 09:41:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42