What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question for Drewski  (Read 6413 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Question for Drewski
« on: July 20, 2005, 09:44:25 am »
Drewski, I just have to say that I have seen several of your pictures that you have posted and cant help but notice the street in the background.  I think that you street is absolutely beautiful.  I was wondering if you could take a photo of you house from the front and show a bit of the street. I kind of have a thing for streets.  I think that the character is amazing.

Also where do you live.  You must be very happy in your development.

Hot Tub Forum

Question for Drewski
« on: July 20, 2005, 09:44:25 am »

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
Re: Question for Drewski
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 12:07:37 pm »
Bosco does that make you a street-achocolic? LOL

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 12:23:31 pm »
If I remember right, he lives in Virginia Beach.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 12:57:34 pm »
Hi Bosco!

Ask and ye shall receive:

Click on the thumbnail and you will get the full size. I put the tub pictures in here to keep it "on topic."

The community I live in is called "Towne Square" and it's located roughly in the middle of Virginia Beach, VA, a city of about 450,000 (now the largest city in Virginia). I'm about 10 miles from the actual "beach," so don't think I live on the water.

The community is styled after homes in Charleston, SC and offers 3 different models, each with 3 different front elevations. This prevents "cookie cutter" housing. Each house has a small rear courtyard and double wide garage accessed by a rear alley. The developers also created parks, planted lots of trees and planned out wide streets for easy walking.

Now, here's the kicker. Even though these homes are single family, "unattached," the community is classified as condominiums. So, all my exterior maintenance, grass, trash and water are paid by the association. This works out well for me because I travel allot.

I'll go home and take some more pictures and PM them to you, or post them here if others are interested.

Thanks...

Drewski

8)

It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 02:38:17 pm »
I thought it was more south.  Your house looks great and very big.  It is really neet to see the setup.  It looks from the picture that you made your front yard your backyard.  Are all of the lots on the street without backyard.  It is a really good idea and you probably save alot of money on land tax.

My house is on a 66 by 115 lot.  I have way to much grass to cut and would love that setup.  If anyone else has pictures please feel free to post, I love looking at how people landscape and prepare their property.  Maybe add some pics of the tub as well.

Thanks Drewski

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 08:58:58 pm »
Drewski

Were you able to watch the Mt. T-more fireworks on the 4th from you tub?

We avoid the crowds, so we found a spot in the back parking lot of regal cinema to watch them.

John

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 10:43:24 pm »
My house is on a 66 by 115 lot.  I have way to much grass to cut and would love that setup.  If anyone else has pictures please feel free to post, I love looking at how people landscape and prepare their property.  Maybe add some pics of the tub as well.

Bosco,

Would you like to see pictures of people's backyards who have no gardening skill what so ever! ;D

My backyard is in desperate need of a makeover. I moved in 5 years ago and tried to concentrate on the inside (3 projects to go and painting a few rooms) but I wanted something "fun" to have, so the deck and tub were decided upon. The house is 35 years old and the people before us really did a lot of planting - TOO MUCH!!

I agree with you, I do like to see how people transform their backyards and I'm impressed that people have the talent to have beautiful property!

Maybe next year ...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 10:44:00 pm by Vinny »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2005, 06:15:38 am »
Vinny I would love to see some pics if you have them.  I have to say, I never thought that I would be into this sort of thing, but I really enjoy creating this little private get away in my backyard.  

I work very hard as a police officer and live in the busy city and find that I am always wound up.  Now when I get home, I just vanish in my backyard and play with the garden and relax.  My back has become a true place for peace and relaxation.

I just added black cedar mulch to the garden, a beautiful lamp, patio set and I have a mexican fireplace on order.

More pictures This weekend when the tub arrives.  I agree Vinny, it is so nice to look at peoples ability to design beautiful yards.

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2005, 01:00:19 pm »
Vinny I would love to see some pics if you have them.  I have to say, I never thought that I would be into this sort of thing, but I really enjoy creating this little private get away in my backyard.  

I work very hard as a police officer and live in the busy city and find that I am always wound up.  Now when I get home, I just vanish in my backyard and play with the garden and relax.  My back has become a true place for peace and relaxation.

I just added black cedar mulch to the garden, a beautiful lamp, patio set and I have a mexican fireplace on order.

More pictures This weekend when the tub arrives.  I agree Vinny, it is so nice to look at peoples ability to design beautiful yards.

Bosco Your job is very demanding I give you the highest respect for everything you do hun! As far as backyards are concerned..I don't actually have what anyone would call a back yard, our lot (we bought it a few years back after my step-mom passed on) is 50x150 and the trailer that we live in (yes BP lives is a trailer does that make me trailer trash?? hehehehe) is centered clost to the southern half of the yard, so...I have the northern half of the yard to mess with.....unfortunately I have three Labs and I cannot plant anything for fear that they are going to dig it up. My dad for my birday a few years back gave me three of the most gorgous expensive rose bushes you'll ever see. Seems my dogs like to EAT roses!!!!!!! never the less I tried my hand again this year with transfering my strawberry bed (which has been in the same spot for the last 8 years) up front btw that's how my back got hurt this time. I don't have a very good green thumb so my yard has one tree (dogs ate the bark off of the other one) a strawberry bed....some tiger lilys, that were there when we moved into this place.......and a couple of clamatis plants that I planted a couple of years ago and was surprised that they actually grew. I've toyed with the idea of putting a kennel in the back of the yard and hubby tells me no way so, I guess I'll live with it until the dogs are gone and tell hubby no more dogs lOL

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2005, 05:12:21 pm »
Drewski

Were you able to watch the Mt. T-more fireworks on the 4th from you tub?

We avoid the crowds, so we found a spot in the back parking lot of regal cinema to watch them.

John

its a small world. i live just south of drew a few miles, and my office is just north of him a bit, right next to mount trashmore ( for those of you who dont know, its a city park and lake, that was once a landfill and borrow pit. seriously.....)
we took 2 carloads of freinds and family with us, and parked at my office about 7 pm let the kids play, do the face painting stuff, watched the firework's, and then we all went to my office, parked the kids in our conference room, threw in a movie, served every one ice cream cake, and killed about an hour. then got in the cars and drove home, no traffic.....
we can be so spoiled...... we put/sent the kids to bed and got in the tub for a while....great holiday...... 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 05:25:22 pm by kent »

salesdvl

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2005, 05:37:29 pm »
I'll send you guys some pics of my back yard as soon as the warden gives me my camera priveledges back.   :'(
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 06:26:08 pm by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

obi wan

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2005, 06:05:35 pm »
not to sound like a simpleton, but how do you get thr pics to be in the post like that so you can "click to enlarge"?
i am almost done with a major back yard project myself, and i am almost ready foe pics......

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2005, 06:25:53 pm »
its a small world. i live just south of drew a few miles, and my office is just north of him a bit, right next to mount trashmore ( for those of you who dont know, its a city park and lake, that was once a landfill and borrow pit. seriously.....)
we took 2 carloads of freinds and family with us, and parked at my office about 7 pm let the kids play, do the face painting stuff, watched the firework's, and then we all went to my office, parked the kids in our conference room, threw in a movie, served every one ice cream cake, and killed about an hour. then got in the cars and drove home, no traffic.....
we can be so spoiled...... we put/sent the kids to bed and got in the tub for a while....great holiday...... 

That's sounded like a lot of fun, obi

I didn't want to use the full "t" word, for folks to get the wrong impression, but the park is very nice and well kept.

We live in Haygood, after the fireworks, we got home in record time also.

If I remember correcting, it was actually semi-cool that night, great for tubbing. This is our first tub, which we have been using only since Father's day, so I am starting to look foward to some real fall/winter tub weather.

obi wan

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2005, 10:20:45 am »
allow me to digress....
our park (previous landfill) is VERY nice, has the largest skate park in the area, multiple playgrounds, a lake with ducks and geese, etc.... they show free movies on as big projection screen all summer long on friday/saturday eves. my oldest 2 are 14 and 16. i 'd bet they probably have spent 1 year of their life there. used to go 4-5 days a week when they were younger. my younger 2, 2 1/2 and 14 months. have already been there a lot, and we even had my 2 yr olds birthday party there in may.

i just thought they could have come up with a better name.
the whole effort culminates with the next landfill/ park. it is tenetively scheduled to be open as a park,by late 2007 or 2008.
the most popular name so far is.......
you guessed it... mount trashmore II.
?????
on the tub note, (on topic) we got our new tub about first week of april (replaced the old one) and i prefer tubbin; when its cool outside. not COLD or SNOWING, mind you, just sring and fall type weather.
i have my heater set on 98, but i seem to be having a common issue with these well insulated tubs. when its almost 100 (outside temps) the tub will get up to 101-102 just with the circ pump running.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2005, 01:08:33 pm »
I notice you don't have full-foam windows...

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2005, 01:08:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42