What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thermospas, any info  (Read 7573 times)

Randy73

• Old enough to know better
Thermospas, any info
« on: July 19, 2005, 12:13:35 am »
As you can see, I am new to this site.  I am just as new to the world of spas.  We are looking to buy our first spa and we have only seen in person the Jaccuzi line.  We kind of liked the J355.
I also watched an infomercial by Thermospas and liked what I saw there.  What I need is info that is'nt quite as biased as an ad.  :-/

Hot Tub Forum

Thermospas, any info
« on: July 19, 2005, 12:13:35 am »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: Thermospas, any info
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 12:56:01 am »
quick and simple answer?  

Thermospas sucks really bad.

Just do a search here and you can read horror story after horror story.

Jacuzzi is a good start, dont forget to check out Arctic Spas, Sundance, Marquis, Hotspring, D1, Beachcomber, and many other really good brands.  

If I were spending your money, I would stick with a good reliable brand.

Good luck, happy reading and take your time picking. It took me well over a year to finally decide what tub to get.

Randy73

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 01:26:33 am »
Thanks bosco,  just the kind of honest answer I needed.  I am looking and will for some time to come I think.  The only touble I will have is the wet test.  Getting my wife to wet test in a store will be, uh..........uh...... lets just say, won't happen.  

ohiocouple

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 05:24:53 am »
Randy,
We just went and wet tested many types of hot tubs many of the stores offered us to come in after closing so we were alone in the store with one salesperson for the wet test. Also Hotsprings gave us new suits we did not have to bring anything but ourselfs while we were there after closing the salesperson watched over our 2 children offered us cold drinks and robes we got in out of 5 - 6 models and actually relaxed a little. was a great experince.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 07:34:44 am »
Thanks bosco,  just the kind of honest answer I needed.  I am looking and will for some time to come I think.  The only touble I will have is the wet test.  Getting my wife to wet test in a store will be, uh..........uh...... lets just say, won't happen.  

Randy,  a lot of good can be said about wet testing, and a lot of good reasons for doing so can be mentioned. Still, the dealers here will tell you more than 90% of their customers never do before buying.  Dealers vary somewhat it their ability and desire to help you wet test.  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 09:41:44 am »
Wet test all the tubs your interested in...believe me your decision will be based 90% on your wet test. Nuying a Hot Tub is a very personal decision and they are like gloves...you have to wet test and get a feel for the tub before you decide...I'm not a real shy person so I did all my wet tests on a Sat..when the stores were open, didn't bother me..but now some people are very shy..so you can get a wet test before the store opens or after the store is closed for the day. Look at all of the spas available in your area...I don't know what your budget is but, Coleman..D1 Artesian Caldera Hot Springs Artic Beachcomer Sundance all are very good tubs. Happy hunting

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 10:36:32 am »
My wife is very shy and did not want to wet test. I really had to push her to do the first wet test. We found out why a wet test is so important.  The tub we almost bought did not fit us during the wet test. She was more open to wet tests after almost spending alot of $$ on a tub we didn't like the feel of during the wet test. We did 5 wet tests and when we got in the HS Envoy we knew right away that was the one for us. Encourge her to wet test because you will have a tub a LONG time.

Randy73

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005, 02:23:25 pm »
 :)Thanks for the wet test testamonials.  Hopefully we will find a dealer that wil let us stay after hours.  That seems like good advise.
I am still looking for thermospas stories on the past pages but have yet to connect.  I'll keep looking.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2005, 02:35:15 pm »
Randy, I too tried to find thermospa stories here and had little luck.  (Everyone says "Read through here and you'll find that they're garbage...).  Same goes for the Crazy Coloradian. ..

Unfortunatley, anytime someone who has one of those tubs, It seems they get berated/chastised in here and chased away.  It's too bad, as I would like to hear from them on their own personal experineces, both good and bad.

07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2005, 02:51:41 pm »
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1115172236;start=

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1097715961;start=0

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1086200726;start=0

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1084317721;start=9

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1080870535;start=2

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1036026314;start=4

Here is some  for starters.   I've not seen anyone run off a Thermospa owner.  Only Shaven owners, whom many, myself included doubt their sincerity and note the commonality of thier posts. And with them, when you question their motives, they run off back to his board and complain how bad we treat them.

Does this sound familiar?  
 Hi, I'm new here, I just bought a Shaven Superfallsapart (That still kills me). I did a lot of research before I bought online. I currently have 3 PHDs including one in Biology, Nuclear Medicine, and Physics.  I also have a Nobel Peace prize for my work on water purification for the remote villages of Zimbawe.   I've had my spa 3 days now I and I can't understand the negative attitude here about the Shaven.  Please insult me so I can run back there.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 03:21:59 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Randy73

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2005, 03:46:28 pm »
I would like to thank everyone  that responded to my post.  I learned something from everyone.  I have done a search for the spas that are in my area.  Pickens are slim compared to other parts of the country.  There are some good ones tho:  Sundance, Hotspring, LA spas, Marquis, bullfrog(love the name), and Jaccuzzi.
Now comes the hard part, getting out to see them all.  This is a start that I did'nt have before the help recieved here.

BIG_PAPA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005, 04:18:29 pm »
What part of the country are in...

cappykat

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2005, 05:51:47 pm »
Randy73...I wasn't just thrilled to wet test in a store either, but every sales person we dealt with was great!  I didn't feel uncomfortable at all (ok, well maybe a little bit  ;D).  Should have taken my sexy daughter...HA!!

I will say the sales people at HS were the absolute best!!  We were all worried about dripping water everywhere and they were like "don't worry about it.  It's like a beach in here on Saturdays."

We decided on the SD Cameo, but HS was right at the top too.  Just enjoy going and looking at all the brands.  Good luck!
2005 Marquis Epic

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2005, 10:36:16 am »
Should have taken my sexy daughter...HA!!

I

Did I mention we would enjoy pictures when you get it all set up and done?

Down, bad moderator! :-[

Randy73

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2005, 01:48:04 pm »
I live in South-central Oklahoma.  Boomer-Sooner ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2005, 01:48:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42