What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: tub is coming Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4114 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
tub is coming Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: July 20, 2005, 01:02:39 am »
Well I bumped up getting my tub from October to this week.  It just arrived at the warehouse and it should be shipped after testing by thursday.
I am scheduled for delivery for Friday morning. I cant wait to get this thing.

It has been fun all of the research and learning, but like most education, it is time for the practical learning.

I have decided on bromine for now, due to the fact that dichlor is next to impossible to find down here.  

I have no clue about this water quality and testing, but through all my reading, I think that I am ready to go.  It just scares me to see all of these people posting their problems as of late.  I pray to the spa gods for clean water all the time.

Well photos to come once we get up and running.  Fingers crossed, it will be delivered on time.

Hot Tub Forum

tub is coming Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: July 20, 2005, 01:02:39 am »

fletch49

Re: tub is coming Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 06:45:32 am »
congrats...Enjoy!

Dichlor is difficult to find. I dropped into several spa dealers in my area and they are all selling Trichlor?

I've yet to talk to a salesperson that knows the difference? I think that is because they all sell Trichlor? Strange?

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 07:19:57 am »
You're reading about the half dozen or less who are having water issues, not the many dozens who are not.
It's easy to micro manage your water at first, most of us have done that to one extent or another.  
Your dealer should be able to guide you, that's part of what you're paying them for.  
Don't use tri-chlor in your spa.  Are these places with triclor and not dichlor pool dealers also?
 Dichlor should be available at most spa dealers.  If you really can't find any locally, it can be obtained online.
Brewman
Brewman

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 07:28:15 am »
GREAT and CONGRATS!!

I agree with Brewman. The testing I had down pat from my pool but hot water is acting a little differently. But if you test the water and get used to how it behaves, you'll do fine.

As Brewman said, there are a lot more people without water problems than with. My recent episode was from being a newbie AND having a lot of people in the tub AND not taking care of it correctly (I thought I did). So I dumped the water and started over - no biggie!

It's all worth it!!

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 08:59:54 am »
I was under the impression that Dichlor wasn't available at all in Canada.

Anyone?
How do you know how much you don't know?

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 10:52:00 am »
I was under the impression that Dichlor wasn't available at all in Canada.

Anyone?

Not true.

It is Nature 2 that is not availible here.

What brand of chems do you use Jc?
Homeworks Financing Representative

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 12:32:51 pm »
I've had the best success with the Arctic Pure chemical regime. I did try some stuff called OMNI from another dealer but did not get the best results IMO.

Do you know where I could get Dichor in Canada? I am thinking of switching from bromine in the fall. My water hasn't been too great lately (milky white), and my refill water (today) doesn't look too great from the tap either. Could be from a number of things. I try to keep things pretty simple and not overanalyze.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 12:35:57 pm by JcDenton »
How do you know how much you don't know?

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2005, 01:51:29 pm »
I've had the best success with the Arctic Pure chemical regime. I did try some stuff called OMNI from another dealer but did not get the best results IMO.

OMNI is repackaged SpaGuard. In Ontario it is disributed to pool dealers by SCP.
Do you know where I could get Dichor in Canada?

Well, if memory serves, my store in Whitby is a little far for you....

The dealer that sold you OMNI should carry it or be able to get it for you. It would be call Chlorinating Concentrate or something to that effect.

Mursatt has it, its call Spa-Chlor.

Beachcomber has it, its called Chlor Blast

It shouldnn't be that hard to find. Its easy to find in Ontario.
Homeworks Financing Representative

JPKeirstead

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2005, 02:56:48 pm »

Do you know where I could get Dichor in Canada? I am thinking of switching from bromine in the fall. My water hasn't been too great lately (milky white), and my refill water (today) doesn't look too great from the tap either. Could be from a number of things. I try to keep things pretty simple and not overanalyze.

Hey Jc,

Actually, Capo who makes the Arctic Pure line of chemicals has Sodium Dichlor available.  In fact, Arctic Pure Boost which is currently Lithium Hypochlorite, is being changed to, Sodium Dichlor.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2005, 06:19:16 pm »
I'm going to wish you a trouble free delivery day!

May you always have clean, hot, bubbly water!

Just remember, patience in water care is a virtue!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2005, 06:19:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42