What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Surprise Surprise  (Read 3257 times)

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
Surprise Surprise
« on: July 19, 2005, 09:36:42 am »
As some of you may know, we purchased an Arctic spa last July. We had narrowed down our search between a Beachcomber and the Arctic. After reading this site extensively prior to purchase, we decided on the Arctic but felt that had we gone with the Beachcomber we would have made a solid choice as well as they are a well-established a respected company. Recent events with Rayman illustrate how they take care of their customers.

Well, it surprised me to no end that when I went to purchase some chemical from the Beachcomber site (I try to purchase there once in a while as they were great during the buying process/wet-test etc) and found that they were gone.

In their place was a new set-up that carried Jacuzzi and Hotspring. I felt kinda funny. After-service care was always a priority in our purchase and Beachcomber was thought to have been the more 'established' place to purchase in our opinion. While our Arctic dealer has been around for over 10 years, we felt that we were taking an additional 'risk' on some level going with the newer company. Yet, had we purchased the Beachcomber, we would no-longer have any support (I'm assuming) here in Winnipeg. There are no other Beachcomber dealers in the city that I know of, only a couple hours away in a smaller town.

On the up-side, I finally got to see some of the tubs that others have raved about here on this site such as the mack-daddy Jacuzzi's and several Hotspring models. I saw the moto-massage for the first time but the tub was not filled with water so I couldn't see it working. Both companies had some decent looking product. The dealer seemed a litte suprised that a guy who already has a tub wanted to spend his free-time snooping around!  What can I say....?  ;D

Jc
How do you know how much you don't know?

Hot Tub Forum

Surprise Surprise
« on: July 19, 2005, 09:36:42 am »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Surprise Surprise
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 10:21:45 am »
Hey Jc. Yep..ya just never know do ya?

Speaking of Winnipeg, my new Hydropool dealer is having his grand opening sale there this coming weekend!

I'm flying out tomorrow and I'm there until Sunday so if you get a chance, stop by 1761 Pembina Hwy and come see me. 8) Hopefully the city is put back together after that massive storm you guys had last week... :o

Steve

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 10:48:47 am »
So that's YOUR new location? That's funny! I was sitting having a coffee at Starbucks lastnight and I noticed a sign across the street advertising a new spa outlet - got me curious as to what they had inside! They were closed at the time but I definetly want to have a look-see.

Hope the opening goes well and if I can I'll stop in to put a 'face-to-the name'!

Jc

Oh- and as for that storm - yes - it was the worst in 100 years - many flooded basements, lost power and trees down. It has not been a banner year here for weather again this year - more rain than ever before - we are soaked. As for us, we fared ok - we were sipping margaritas on Lake of the Woods all weekend in the hot, hot heat! Can't beat that!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 10:58:02 am by JcDenton »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 12:43:41 pm »
. The dealer seemed a litte suprised that a guy who already has a tub wanted to spend his free-time snooping around!  What can I say....?  ;D

Jc

I use my position as moderator here as an excuse. I have to stay informed you know.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 05:21:34 pm »
Yet, had we purchased the Beachcomber, we would no-longer have any support (I'm assuming) here in Winnipeg. There are no other Beachcomber dealers in the city that I know of, only a couple hours away in a smaller town.

Beachcomber customers will most likely have service there until Beachcomber finds someone new.

Once Beachcomber has done so, they will promptly close the account of the old dealer.

It is also possible that the former Beachcomber dealer will stop servicing his customers....but not a wise move.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 05:27:42 pm by HotTubMan »
Homeworks Financing Representative

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 06:41:59 pm »
From what the new owner was saying, Beachcomber had no interest in finding something/someone new. He mentioned that because they were already established in a near-by town, they were not interested in maintaining the two outlets in the same region.

I'm sure there is much more to it than that but that's the impression I was given....

Jc

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 09:49:28 pm »
Believe me...I know the Beachcomber rep very well...HE'S LOOKING! ;)

It'd be great to meet up Jc if you can swing by. Do what you can...

Steve
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 09:50:52 pm by Steve »

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2005, 09:01:37 am »
I'm sure there is much more to it than that

Case and point.  ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2005, 09:01:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42