What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What brand of chemicals???  (Read 2651 times)

david46

• Hot Springs Envoy
What brand of chemicals???
« on: July 16, 2005, 07:09:46 pm »
We have just started to put chemicals in our new spa and the dealer gave us the baqua for ph down and calcium hardness along with freswater ph up.What brand of chemicals beside baqua would be good to use if freshwater is not available.

Hot Tub Forum

What brand of chemicals???
« on: July 16, 2005, 07:09:46 pm »

Kelly

• Hot Springs Accolade!
Re: What brand of chemicals???
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 04:33:14 pm »
the two I've had the most experience w/ are SpaGuard and Brilliance - both are great!. I usually go w/ SpaGuard when I can find it, cost per ounce seems a little better. Both are premium chems, though - so are costly. I sometimes use Leisure Time chems - really no complaints other than that the seem to change names and  formulations frequently. LT chems are some of the most reasonably prices.

J._McD

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 04:42:46 pm »
We have just started to put chemicals in our new spa and the dealer gave us the baqua for ph down and calcium hardness along with freswater ph up.What brand of chemicals beside baqua would be good to use if freshwater is not available.

First be aware, BaquaSpa chemicals are incompatible with most other chemicals.  Do a search on the brand and read the threads for some background.

We have had best customer satisfaction from SpaGuard products and we do use other manufacturer's chemicals for special purposes, ie Leisuretime metalgon.

Determine first, itf you are going to go with baquaSpa or follow traditional formats.

What dkind of spa do you have and do you have an ozonator on your spa? ???

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 04:47:04 pm »
Understand that you can use the BauaSpa procuts with EVERYTHING, providing that you do not use the sanitizer and shock, everything else is compatable...

hottubber.... ;D

david46

• Hot Springs Envoy
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 05:24:34 pm »
Thanks folk for the suggestion,i have a HS Envoy with ozonator and decided to use nature2 with leisure time chemicals from rhtubs.com.Rhtubs has good chemicals and products and good prices.The dealer i bought my spa was 10 miles away until they closed the store down and moved in with another one of their stores 25 miles away from me.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 07:38:10 pm »
Read the ingredience and check the price.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 07:38:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42