What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: scrubbing sponge on scum line??  (Read 6081 times)

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
scrubbing sponge on scum line??
« on: July 15, 2005, 03:12:29 pm »
As expected, my pearl colored shell on my new jacuzzi had a scum line on it this morning.  My salesman said it is normal and more apparant on lighter colors.

He says it will dissappear in a week, but I can scrub it off with one of those scrubbing sponges with the abrasive back.  I asked if it will hurt the finish and he said no.  Is this true????

Hot Tub Forum

scrubbing sponge on scum line??
« on: July 15, 2005, 03:12:29 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: scrubbing sponge on scum line??
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 04:35:47 pm »
I used a scrungy like pad to remove the scum line on our spa.  But I don't have the pearl type finish, it's more the pebbly style.  
That scumline only lasted about a month into owning the spa, then it went away.  And we were using Baqua Spa at that time, the surface cleaner we had took it right off and it gradually went away in about a month.

Brewman
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 04:37:04 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 05:25:15 pm »
Best cleaning device I've ever used is the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.  It cleans everything without using any chemicals.  It is a viscuous foam similar to the Tempurpedic mattresses and really gets into the tiniest crevices.  Our service guys carry them on the truck.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 05:31:29 pm »
Best cleaning device I've ever used is the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.  It cleans everything without using any chemicals.  It is a viscuous foam similar to the Tempurpedic mattresses and really gets into the tiniest crevices.  Our service guys carry them on the truck.

Terminator

My wife and I got one of those and the store and it works great!!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

TrikkeAddict

• 2005 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 05:38:43 pm »
I agree that Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is great.  But this is the warning on the box:

ATTENTION: The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is a highly effective cleaning tool.  Test first on an inconspicuous spot with light pressure to see if surface may scratch or dull.  Not recommended for use on surfaces that are polished/glossy, or on brushed, satin, dark, or faux finishes.  If using for dishwashing, rinse dishes thoroughly.  Do not use with chlorine bleach.

CAUTION:  KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.  Keep out of reach of toddlers and pets to avoid accidental ingestion.  Do not use on skin or other parts of the body.  Using on skin will likely cause abrasions.

Susan

tstiffler

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 08:48:48 pm »
I purchased from our dealer the same sponge he uses on the floor models.  Works great and not very scratchy.  I also have the light pearl and no marks have been left behind.

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 02:35:55 pm »
i have the glossy shell on my tub, and have used the eraser sponge twice now. i see no scratches anywhere. it works great amd i highly recommend it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 02:35:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42