What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Update from apres-Dennis land central  (Read 4272 times)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Update from apres-Dennis land central
« on: July 14, 2005, 08:46:59 am »
Hi gang....just wanted to let you know I came away from the Dennis visit with little damage though a few of my neighbors weren't as lucky.....they lost everything.  It looked like a war zone here and after 3 days of cleanup, it still looks very rough.  Got elec. 2 days ago and cable yesterday.  A handful of older houses that were built on the ground are now condemned.....really ugly.  My house is on 8' pilings and I had 4' of seawater under the house.  Got to have some hvac work (still no a/c....UGH) but that should happen today or tomorrow.  Other than that and a few shingles and a couple of screens, we survived well.  And to make this post on topic, I'll post pictures of me with (not in!) my hot tub in the middle of the storm when I can.  In the meantime, the cleanup continues.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

Update from apres-Dennis land central
« on: July 14, 2005, 08:46:59 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Update from apres-Dennis land central
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 08:49:46 am »
Glad to hear from you, will look forward to the pictures. You can tell Dennis is a male hurricane, its lost in St Louis and won't ask for directions.  We are dealing with it now.  This may seriously effect my golf plans!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

georgiapeach

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 09:01:28 am »
Hi gang....just wanted to let you know I came away from the Dennis visit with little damage though a few of my neighbors weren't as lucky.....they lost everything.  It looked like a war zone here and after 3 days of cleanup, it still looks very rough.  Got elec. 2 days ago and cable yesterday.  A handful of older houses that were built on the ground are now condemned.....really ugly.  My house is on 8' pilings and I had 4' of seawater under the house.  Got to have some hvac work (still no a/c....UGH) but that should happen today or tomorrow.  Other than that and a few shingles and a couple of screens, we survived well.  And to make this post on topic, I'll post pictures of me with (not in!) my hot tub in the middle of the storm when I can.  In the meantime, the cleanup continues.

Glad to hear you survived Dennis!!!  Sorry to hear about your neighbor though... :-(  I spent an hour cleaning up branches from the backyard on Monday after getting some winds and rain from Dennis.  Thankfully, the winds weren't too bad this time around.  I lost Pecan tree last year to Ivan.  
Looking foward to seeing your pics.

Peachy

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 10:54:21 am »
Glad your OK  WSD.......... not to worry that LSX will be just fine    ;) What did you do to the cover to keep Dennis from soaking :o?  I have some bad weather here in the winter just curious................

UGH is right no A/C  that has to be rough bro hang in there!

Gary

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 11:37:24 am »
WSD! I was thinking about you and that "fort" of a house you have. Looks like the beefy construction paid off!

I was without power for 30 days following Isabel a few years ago so I feel your pain.

Nothing like the sound of generators and the smell of pine in the air following a hurricane....

Good Luck!

Drewski

8)
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

nicker

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 01:01:04 pm »
the main thing is everyone is ok, all material things can be replaced.  I feel bad for all the families down there in Florida, our thoughs are with you.  I mean just a year ago you all went through this and now again.   I couldn't imagine what it would be like.  

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 05:45:52 pm »
Glad you are ok!  I have been thinking about you!  Looks like it will be another busy year for you guys!!

:P
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

salesdvl

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 07:17:01 pm »
There was a storm down there?  ???    :-/

Glad you are still part of the Union, Dude.

Measure once, cut twice.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 08:42:39 pm »
Windy Buddy!

I'm so glad you made it through alright! I was thinking about you while watching the news...

How did the side panels on your spa hold up ;) ??? ;) ;D

What did you guys do to make God so angry down there?

Stay in touch buddy...

autoplay

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2005, 12:24:23 am »
Glad to hear you made out well in it,considering.

Here in Sarasota,we experienced 40-50 mph gusts at it's peak,and typical summer rain.  No limb damage etc.

Bout 6 weeks ago,I went to home depot and bought plywood,and fabricated the wood for coverings. Hoping,I'll never need to install em,but like a good boy scout,I'm Prepared.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 08:07:45 am »
Big thanks to all of your well wishes....I'll try to take the time soon to thank you individually.  In the meantime, you can check out some pics posted at www.wakulla.com.  Here's a direct link to some pictures of Shell Point....you can see the deck and hot tub (and lot's of seawater....mind you, the surge still has about a foot or so higher to go) in the picture about "Perry and Judy's house"....also, I'm on the left in the picture of "local residents".
I'll post some other pics as I can squeeze in the time.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2005, 10:18:39 am »
The one on the left?

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2005, 10:55:24 am »
The one on the left?

AAAAAAAAAAAAaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

My eyes  :o :o :o [Gary takes hot poker and.........]

;) ;) Glad to see ya still smilin ;) ;D

Hope everything is going as smooth as it can .................now get back to work! ;) ;D

Gary

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2005, 05:51:05 pm »
The one on the left?

Huba huba dawg, looks like all that surfing has paid off.lol

I'm glad to hear you're ok and that you weathered the storm with little damage.

We had a bad storm a month ago with straight winds of 85 miles per hour. The American Family catastrophy insurance adjustors were just at our house last weekend, they were figuring they would be headed to Florida next. They spent months and months down there last year after the last hurricane.

I can't imagine what you guys pay for home owners insurance.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 07:07:47 pm by spahappy »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2005, 05:51:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42