What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The tub is plugged in and warmed up!  (Read 2003 times)

joking103

• It's too cold!
The tub is plugged in and warmed up!
« on: July 12, 2005, 09:22:03 am »
Good morning folks,

I thought I share my happy news, we got the Geneva plugged in  (Sunday)and running, it is a dream come true, and I have only been in twice.  It runs really good the previous owners took great care of it.  Hubby likes it too!  Thanks for all the support, you guys are great!

I have a few questions (but of course)..

The PH is at 7.4 and I don't smell anything, after the initial shock I did but now nothing, and the water is crystal clear, but I did notice while in the spa, bubbles floating of maybe lotion  :-/  I would be the guilty party, I suppose.  Aside from getting in without it, how can I combat it, if others come in?  Hate to have company shower off before they come in   ;)

Another question is a friend of mine used a hot tub on vacation in Vegas and developed a rash and that worries me.  If I add the teaspoon of quick dissolve (chlorine) after each use and shock each week and of course test this should prevent anything like that right?  I realize they have hundreds of people in and out but I want to make sure.

And the best tester for all the things I need to check would be?

The other would be the scale stuff some people wrote they only use it after a water change?

Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

The tub is plugged in and warmed up!
« on: July 12, 2005, 09:22:03 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: The tub is plugged in and warmed up!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 09:33:40 am »
As far as the rash is concerned, I would not worry to much about that at this moment. Different people are sensitive to different things. Who knows what the situation was with the Vegas tub? There could be a list a mile long on why your friend got a rash.

I would focus on balancing your spa.  If the spa is balanced and sanitized correctly you should not have any overpowering odors.  

Yes, with my tub I am using dichlor and after each use, I add some quick disovle as per the manufactuers recomendations. I shock once a week. Hot springs also  suggests I alternate weekly with  a bit of Defender and Bright and Clear.

PH, calcium, hardness, alk are adjusted as necessary, as your testing indicates (I test about 2x a week).

Stain and scale should be used as needed, per the instructions.

What does your manufactuer/dealer recomend?

« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 09:34:23 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

joking103

• It's too cold!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 10:02:02 am »
I bought the spa used, so I am going by all the original paperwork they got when they puchased the spa with the spa and she was meticulous with cleaning.
She gave me thousands of dollars worth of chemicals..  Bags and bags.   The closest Cladera dealer is pretty far from me (we bout the GFCI from them) so, I thought I would buy whatever else I need online (my perferred way to Shop) I borrowed a ph tester so I really need to get the real deal for myself.  I saw the strips do they work or no?

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 06:04:35 pm »
Try the strips, some people love them and have no problems reading them.

Personally, I like my re-agent kit!  You can get those on-line as well!

Just remember to keep it simple and relax!  You say they gave you bags and bags of chems?  What chems are included?  That will give people on here an idea of what to tell you.  Is there an ingredient listing on the bags?  I use Dichloro-something or other, which is Chlorine.  The only other chemical I use is alk up.  Other people have to use other chems.

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 01:27:00 pm »
Try the strips, some people love them and have no problems reading them.

These are also a must, IMHO, if you are going to use a public spa.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 05:50:05 pm »
Did I forget?

May you always have clean, hot, bubbly water!  

Enjoy Spatopia!  
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

joking103

• It's too cold!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 07:03:20 am »
For chemicals hmm...  This stuff has color coded caps for easy use.  Orange, Blue and purple.

The small blue containers are quick dissolve.  I've been putting in 1 teaspoon after we get out w/clean cycle

Then theres like five orange top containers, chlorine which I used to shock initially the book said to???

the purples are stain and scale, ph up/down, and I think calcium.  There was like three grocery bags full.  They had well water, we have city.

I'll check out that tester you mentioned.  I had strips for my fishes, I don't like them I'd rather do the work with a kit.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 07:03:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42