What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring or Arctic Spa?  (Read 11845 times)

GCLOUD911

• Need some sun for my cloud!
Hot Spring or Arctic Spa?
« on: July 08, 2005, 06:21:25 pm »
We have been shopping for spas for 2 weeks now and it has come down to either a Hot Spring or Arctic Spa...We're sooooo tired of hearing salespeople tell us "they have the best spas", not like they'd tell us they sell the worst ones if they want to get a sale...

Any input between the two?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring or Arctic Spa?
« on: July 08, 2005, 06:21:25 pm »

mark 2550

Re: Hot Spring or Arctic Spa?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 06:35:32 pm »
I'm still in  the deciding mode but can you help us out a little what models of these manufactures were you  comparing and have you wet tested either model this might be your deciding factor either one is a good choice take your time and then you will be able to relqx for a long time

GCLOUD911

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 06:44:56 pm »
We wet tested the Vanguard and loved it and this was one of the only dealers in our area that the salespeople didn't "bad mouth" the other brands of spas.  They were including steps, cover, cover lift, lighting package, all the chemicals, extra filters, aromatherapy stuff, clarion lights, delivery/installation and the GFCI box for our electrician to install!!!!  We were very impressed with them, but then just happened upon a new store in town carrying Arctic Spas.  Just went to check them out today, and my husband was going to go later and then we were going to compare notes on what we liked or disliked about Arctic.  

GCLOUD911

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 09:13:06 pm »
ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN OFFER US SOME HELP???  

HOT SPRING VS ARCTIC SPAS????  PLEASE????? :-/

fatman

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 09:25:54 pm »
Check your PM.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 09:49:28 pm »
ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN OFFER US SOME HELP???  

I don't think you need help. You are taking a good approach. You found a spa that you really liked and before buying you're checking out another. Wet test that also, compare notes, compare dealers/manufacturers, etc. You can get others opinions and some will say Hot Springs and some will say Arctic but you can't decide based on that as neither has a bad reputation and both have happy customers. I have an opinion as I am more of a fuill foam, stay with the tried and true type and would lean toward the Hot Springs but what does that mean. It's your spa, not mine and its not like I could say the Arctic is a bad choice just as those who say go with Arctic will probably add "but either way you should be happy". Wet test both and if in doubt, let the person who more controls the happiness in the house decide (my wife in our house).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 09:56:59 pm »
I currently own a HotSpring Vanguard and absolutely adore it!  Now that you know I am prejudiced, I will say you are doing the right things!  Ask questions, wet test, and be sure to take a notebook with a pen and take notes!  This way, in a few days, you will remember the specific things you liked or dis-liked about either tub.  I finally narrowed my choices to 2, then scheduled back-to-back wet tests!  Really helped to confirm the decision!!!

Just a few thoughts!  I really don't think you can go wrong with either choice!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

GCLOUD911

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 10:13:46 pm »
Thank you for the words of encouragement, everyone! :D

OK, fatman...for a newbie...what is PM?????

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2005, 11:17:15 pm »
what is PM??

That simply means chech your mail for a Private Message.

I have owned an Arctic for almost one year and so far we have been very pleased with the tub. But I would encourage you to heed the advice of others and research this site and educate yourself as best as you can to ensure you get the right tub for your needs.

Good Luck

Jc
How do you know how much you don't know?

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2005, 09:10:47 am »
T.U.O. hit the nail on head.

You are on the right track. Wet test both.

Each is energy efficient. Each has an outstanding warranty.

There are of corse some major differences.
Filtration-Advantage HS.
Bottom of spa- Advantage Arctic
Jetting/massage- You be the judge, wet test

Do up a chart and compare the pros and cons. Ultimately the wet test should be the deciding factor here.
Homeworks Financing Representative

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005, 01:17:41 pm »
I agree with everyone here.  It all depends on your wet test at the end of the day.  If you feel comfortable in one tub over the other then that is the right tub for you.  You can look all you want but once you get in them it is a completely different feel.  Who knows you may even get in a different brand all together.

Now for my bias.  I just purchased the arctic spas tundra siganture series hot tub.  I am getting it this week.  

I have spent the last year researching and testing every brand I could get into.  I started with one idea and wound up with a tub a little more costly then what I wanted to spend.

Things that I looked for were the following,

Comfort,   Wet test wet test wet test.

warranty, very important to me

design, how the tub is built

dealer/customer support.

After all of the reading that I have done, I found that owners of Arcitc spas were very happy with their customer support.  Make sure you ask about your local dealer.

You are walking a fine line with this topic in regards to many debates that have been raised.  You will have people argue that FF tubs are better insulated then TP tubs and so forth.  The bottom line is all tubs are built well, its just which one you select.

The main problem with arcitc is that they have a new design concept and a poor sales reputation.  They are known to be shady when it comes to selling.  They jump on their covers and tell you they are the strongest.  They also try to articulate that they are the best running costs.  Any tub in this price range will be great and efficient.

dont be fooled by crummy sales people and enjoy the expierence.  My choice, all be it biased, is the Arctic Spas.  I am very happy with my choice and it was the right purchase for myslef and my family.

Good luck, keep posting your trials and tribulations with us.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2005, 02:26:43 pm »
The main problem with arcitc is that they have a new design concept and a poor sales reputation.  They are known to be shady when it comes to selling.  They jump on their covers and tell you they are the strongest.  They also try to articulate that they are the best running costs.  Any tub in this price range will be great and efficient.

dont be fooled by crummy sales people and enjoy the expierence.  

The local Arctic dealer is still telling people that their tub dosen't have a heater...........

From their website:
Equipment & Plumbing ~ 5 years
Arctic Spas® warrants the spa?s electrical equipment components ~ specifically the pump(s), factory installed ozone system, heater (including the Tru-Guard™ Heater) and control system against malfunctions due to defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 5 years to the original owner from the original date of delivery. Includes parts and labour.
Homeworks Financing Representative

GCLOUD911

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2005, 04:39:48 pm »
You're right Bosco!!! They do seem a little shady, at least off my first impression!!!  And, yes, the Arctic guy did jump on the cover and asked my step-son if he wanted to join him!  

2nd impression/2nd visit today we were there for so long that my 2 year old daughter asked the sales guy for a hug before we left!!!!!!!!   ;D

Arctic actually met the price that HS quoted us for their sound system, had a 30% off sale going on their 8 ft tubs and included delivery/set up, starter chemicals with the Nature 2 system, steps, cover, lift...and they were offering the cedar bar with 2 stools but we declined that as we wanted the gunmetal grey aluminum cabinet with platinum shell.  If we decide to go with all this and the sound system with AM/FM stereo and MP3 system it would still be $500 less than the tub we looked at with HS.   HS tub was a 7 footer and they were going to also give us the GFCI box and throw in clarion lights and a couple bottles of aromatherapy stuff.

Arctic, we're looking at an 8ft Kodiak Signature and the only real difference is they wouldn't be including the GFCI box or extra clarion lights.

We're still debating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2005, 04:52:38 pm »
the kodiak is a nice looking tub.  where abouts are you from.  I am also curious to know the price that they have offered you.

I would not worry about the GFI, they are only 250 can dollars at any home store.

As for the lights, dont settle keep pushing until you realize that you got a good deal.

I am sure that you will make the right decision for you and your family.

GCLOUD911

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2005, 05:38:34 pm »
the kodiak is a nice looking tub.  where abouts are you from.  I am also curious to know the price that they have offered you.

I would not worry about the GFI, they are only 250 can dollars at any home store.

We're from Wisconsin and they are quoting us $8,673.  We're not worried about the GFI, very reasonable at home stores around here, too.  Thanks Again!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2005, 05:38:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42