What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Personal Update  (Read 4923 times)

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Personal Update
« on: July 10, 2005, 02:23:44 pm »
For 2 years one of my competitors has been trying to get me to close my doors and come to work for him. This guy has been in business in the Indianapolis market for 25 years, and was continuously amazed that my "little" store was as successfull as it was. Even when Jacuzzi and I split and I went to Catalina, which he thout made it even more amazing. Well, on about April 1st of this year He approached me again with the permise of doing what I do for myself, and getting paid for it, always an interesting concept! After a month of discussion and negotation, a deal was struck. Country Spas closed May 31st. My competitor, now my boss, bought property and built a brand new stand alone store, in which I am the operations/sales manager. The most important aspect of the deal we struck (aside from my salery) was that EVERY person that bought a spa from Country Spas would be brought over to the new organization and their spas warrented through said organization, weather they are Jacuzzi or Catalina owners. He found this to be agreeable, and all of my customers are being taken care of. That's all I cared about. And NOW.....we have opened up our third store in the IN market as of June 1st and we sell....... Oh heck, I aint tellin' It doesn't matter anyhow does it. If I offer advice on here, I don't want people to think it's skewed by my "brand favoritisim." I will say though, I am relieved and saddened all at the same time, but a good move for me and my customers.  
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

Personal Update
« on: July 10, 2005, 02:23:44 pm »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Re: Personal Update
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 02:54:33 pm »
That's great!  Congratulations Frank!!  Sounds like a lucrative deal for all involved (your boss, you, and your customers)!!

I wish you every success!  
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 03:09:05 pm »
Congrats!

It's nice to hear success stories. I agree with Lori - it does sound like a great deal for all involved - and it's fantastic that you looked after your customers!

Good Luck and much success!

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2005, 04:03:11 pm »
Congrats hun! Sounds like you got a perttty good deal out of it and as long as your happy then who cares right?

BP

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2005, 05:05:48 pm »
I didn't realize we were neighbors.  The next time I'm in town I will look you up and stop in for a visit.  Maybe if the Browns play in the dome, I'll stop by for a wet test.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

J._McD

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 10:20:53 pm »
Congratulations and Best Wishes as you go forward to accomplish your goals.  Sometimes unity is stronger and you can accomplish more.  Your character holds true and your customers are being well cared for.

buckeyespa

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 09:35:03 am »
Well Im sure the Browns can find the Dome, question is .. can they find the end zone this year? LOL ...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 10:06:23 am »
Well Im sure the Browns can find the Dome, question is .. can they find the end zone this year? LOL ...

I"m not holding my breath. I'll give Romeo a free pass this year, but I get the sense he has to trear it all apart to start over.  I hate to say it, but I think the Bungles might win the division this year.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2005, 10:30:48 am »
WOW Frank...You sure got blasted here eh? ;)

Good thing you're alligator skinned because the people here are so mean and nasty... ::)

*Just responding to a post on Doc's site where Frank blasts the people of this forum*

BTW, I'm happy you're happy.

Steve

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2005, 11:12:10 am »
Excelent way to misrepresent that post. Im happy your happy I'm happy.

WOW Frank...You sure got blasted here eh? ;)

Good thing you're alligator skinned because the people here are so mean and nasty... ::)

*Just responding to a post on Doc's site where Frank blasts the people of this forum*

BTW, I'm happy you're happy.

Steve

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2005, 11:21:28 am »
Game 3 on  9/25  Clevland Browns @ Indianapolis Colts  12:00 PM. It's the only time they meet this season. If the dang colts aren't going to win a championship, they need to back off the "winning season" and get a couple of draft picks, and a lighter schedule! Just kidding, the thrill of watching them win is pretty cool.

I didn't realize we were neighbors.  The next time I'm in town I will look you up and stop in for a visit.  Maybe if the Browns play in the dome, I'll stop by for a wet test.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2005, 11:28:34 am »
If the dang colts aren't going to win a championship, they need to back off the "winning season" and get a couple of draft picks  

Sure, that way they can draft a couple WRs, a TE and a RB so they can reload!!!

What they really need to do is to merge franchises with the Ravens with the Colts playing offense and the Ravens playing defense.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2005, 12:24:48 pm »

Excelent way to misrepresent that post. Im happy your happy I'm happy.

I misrepresented it? After Ian complained about being banned, this was your response in full;

" Don't worry about it Ian. If you aren't on the band wagon of a few select brands, you will regularly get blasted over there. I very rarely post but always read what's up on that board. Usually when I do post something, I express a dissenting opinion and can be assured the next time I check in I've been told what an idiot I am. Not in those exact words, but to the effect. It's a good thing I'm an alligator skinned sales person, or those internet gurus might have convinced me to give up on the industry. Yeah right."

What part did I skew? ??? You typed it... :-/

My point is that it's not cool to slam this forum on another and then come here looking for accolades. ::)

Steve

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2005, 12:44:03 pm »
Well, here's one Accolade for ya anyway...

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2005, 02:30:26 pm »
My point is that it's not cool to slam this forum on another and then come here looking for accolades. ::)

Well, just because he likes to be a curmudgeon doesn't mean that people don't wish him success in his personal life. Heck, with the fewer pressures of being pressured by a competitor, he might loosen up a little.  Maybe his new boss sells ozone-enabled spas. 8)

-Ed

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2005, 02:30:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42