What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Delivery Pics  (Read 5077 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Delivery Pics
« on: July 08, 2005, 10:31:44 am »
Here's a few pics from my Delivery a couple of weeks ago. Not too many pics of the  tub itself, but some cool shots of how New England Spa deliver all thier tubs.

My Tiger River Caspain will sit on the pad behind the house, near a back door for quick and easy access during the cold, New England winter.

The plan is to replace the above ground pool, as well as replace the decks with larger ones that will surround the new  pool and have steps that will lead down to a landscaped Hot tub area.

Alot of work has gone inside the house for the new hot tub, the door by the hotub leads to  a 12X12 laundry room that is being made into a lounge area for going out to the tub. New walls, floors, paint, nice white cabinets, towel hooks, robes and a bench. You can change, dry off and hang suits and cloths in there.

anyhow, I hope these post:

:)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 10:35:18 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

Delivery Pics
« on: July 08, 2005, 10:31:44 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Delivery Pics
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 10:34:55 am »
So they just used the Sundance spa for ballast on the crane then?

;D ;D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 10:35:03 am »
Too cool drew! I like your house it's very nice!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 10:37:51 am »
So they just used the Sundance spa for ballast on the crane then?

;D ;D

Yea, for ballast.  ;)

No. Some lucky neighbor of mine got a nice new Sundance that day as well. I'm not sure of the model but it was big. The Caspian is 7 x 7. The Sundance had a least a foot maybe 2 on it.

Thanks Backpains. My wife and I have put blood sweat and tears (and not too mention a ton of money) to fix the place up. It was in real bad shape when we got it, but fell in love with the land. It sits on 2.5 acreas surrounded by woods, but  is very, very centraly located.  :)
07 Caldera Geneva

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 10:44:25 am »
Your place looks awesome, hope all goes well with the tub and new room.  How do you like the above ground pool I am thinking of getting one as well.  I have got a few quotes, my yard is very small and am looking at a 15ft pool.  Do you get a lot of use out of it my climate would be about the same as yours.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 10:44:51 am »
Dang!!! I am envious now drew!! I dream of one day being able to have some land and a nice cabin

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 10:54:49 am »
Your place looks awesome, hope all goes well with the tub and new room.  How do you like the above ground pool I am thinking of getting one as well.  I have got a few quotes, my yard is very small and am looking at a 15ft pool.  Do you get a lot of use out of it my climate would be about the same as yours.

Ray

Rayman, I love the pool. It's an 18 foot round. I don't know how old it is. I bought the house 5 years ago and it was there.

When I first moved in. I was a bit of a snob and thought "That's the ugliest thing I've seen"

My mind quickly changed. There is nothing better on a hot day than to jump in and cool off. At  night, slip outslide take a dip and get back into the air conditioned bedroom and you'll sleep like a baby.

My next pool will also be above ground.  

4' deep is more than plenty deep enought to float, lounge swim, play water volly ball. They are far, far, far cheaper than an in-ground (the money I save will go for the decks, I'm going to try and make Peyton jelious )  :)

The above ground pools stay warmer than inground.  My pool is usually 80-85 degrees.  My dad's inground is a chilly 65-70.

Maitnence is a breeze on above grounds. Get a decent pump and filter and you'll be golden. If you can handle a spa, the pool is nothing.   8)  A slow chlorine tab in the skimmer, and a 15 minute vacumm once a week.  

Winterizing is not bad at all, and in the spring I pump off the water from the cover and get it going in a snap.

I love my tiny above ground pool.  8)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 10:58:54 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 11:11:48 am »
Maitnence is a breeze on above grounds. Get a decent pump and filter and you'll be golden.

I can't tell you how important that is: if any of you get one of these pools, or if you have one now, be sure you throw away the 'oversized aquarium' system that generally comes with them. Get a good pump (doesn't have to be over 3/4HP) and a good filter (cartidge is fine, but make it 75 square feet or much more) and you will see a vast difference.

And if the pump only had one return fitting and one or two more some distance away from the first one.

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2005, 11:19:42 am »
Of all the pools I have been getting quotes on not one of them had a cartridge filter, they all had a large sand filter or zeobrite mineral filter with a 1hp pump.  Maybe it's a Canadian thing
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2005, 11:29:13 am »
I have a 1 hp heywood pump and a large sand filter. IT works  like a charm.  Intake is through a 6 x 6 (?) side wall skimmer, and has one return nozzle in the pool about 5 ' away. IT's a small pool 18' round.  

My Brother in law has an d-earth filter, claims it's a lot better than a sand filter. I don't see a differnce between our pools water. Both are sparkling clean and require minimal chems.  :D
07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2005, 11:34:30 am »
Zeobrite filters do a better job, but they are just a bit more work. I would choose a Z filter for mine, but I would be sure to plumb in a drain line to take away the mess when I backwash and/or flush it out.

A cartridge filter is not going to get out as fine a particle, but you can help that out by adding brighteners to the water. Then you just hose it off and return it to service. Mount the filter with the top just above the pool's water line, and you don't have to mess with valves to open it.

As far as the horsepower - many above-grounders go with the flex hose that comes with the unit. They are usually not very large and have ridges which greatly slows the flow. You will need a larger pump to move water through those things.

If you put in regular pvc pipe, even spa flex - 1 1/2 or 2 inch - you can do even a larger pool with 3/4 horsepower - especially if you put in two or three return fittings. It's all about good circulation and keeping the water in the pool moving.

The difference in opertaing costs between the two is negligable, but a 1HP will pull around 13 or 14 amps, and so it may need a larger circuit breaker than you have. If you are pulling in a 20 amp dedicated line for the pool equipment, get the 1HP. If you are trying to run on an existing outlet, go 3/4HP.

georgiapeach

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2005, 11:45:35 am »
Lord, I got chill bumps seeing the pics of your hot tub way up in the air like that!  With the way my luck has been going lately, the hot tub would have fallen on my house!  LOL.  Beautiful house and land Drewstar...:-)
My friend/neighbors have an in-ground pool...it's called a sports pool....24 X 36 I think....4 feet deep.  It's great to just float around in it, especially with the heat we're having here in GA...UGH.  
Can't wait to see pics when you have everything fixed up with way you want it... :-)

Peachy

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2005, 11:56:14 am »
Lord, I got chill bumps seeing the pics of your hot tub way up in the air like that!  With the way my luck has been going lately, the hot tub would have fallen on my house!  LOL.  Beautiful house and land Drewstar...:-)
My friend/neighbors have an in-ground pool...it's called a sports pool....24 X 36 I think....4 feet deep.  It's great to just float around in it, especially with the heat we're having here in GA...UGH.  
Can't wait to see pics when you have everything fixed up with way you want it... :-)

Peachy

Thanks G-Peach.  :)  Yea, I was nervious with the tub soaring above the house. The delivery guys were top notch.

Sure, I'll post pics when everything is done.  I hope you don't mind waiting a few years.  ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2005, 12:00:11 pm »
And it's on days like this when the hot tub really is worth all the money....Brrrrrrrrrrrrr. ;)

« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 12:06:07 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2005, 12:22:17 pm »
What's that white stuff all over?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2005, 12:22:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42