What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Another foam question  (Read 2328 times)

TD

• new Bahia owner
Another foam question
« on: July 08, 2005, 04:13:50 am »
I have had my Bahia for 3 weeks now, and after a minor problem of cloudy water (it had gone into Sumer mode and wasn't circulating enough, because I had set the temp to 92 degrees, and it cilmbs to 96 or so on its own due to 100+ degree days in Texas) I now have a strange foam. It has a sort of effervescence, kind of like Alka Seltzer. About two weeks ago, I put in an ounce of Leisure Time Esscents spa fragrance, and it has had this foam ever since, even though the bottle says it won't cause foaming. I cleaned the filter twice, have drained about 1/3 of the water and added new, yet the foam is still there, although to a lesser degree. It appears when the blower valves are on, and the water becomes perfectly clear in a few minutes when the jets are turned off. Does anyone know how I can get rid of this? BTW, I use bromine as my sanitizer, no ozonator, and my chem levels are all in the proper ranges, Also, all swimsuits used are washed with out any soap.

Thanks for any advice,
Terry

Hot Tub Forum

Another foam question
« on: July 08, 2005, 04:13:50 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Another foam question
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 07:57:03 am »
"effervescence" is usually a sign of High TDS Total Dissolved solids and the only cure is to change the water.  That would be pretty rough at only 3 weeks in. Do you have a dealer who can check TDS?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

TD

• new Bahia owner
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 09:02:51 pm »
Thanks, checked the calcium and it was really low by testing, although test strips said it was ok, and I will also take a sample to the dealer for them to check TDS, too.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 09:02:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42