What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: tell me .........  (Read 3977 times)

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
tell me .........
« on: July 07, 2005, 09:51:01 am »
Ok I have an interesting question, since it's summer time and everyones temps are skyrocketing, what temps in the hot tubs does the chems not works as well? and how far down can I go without compromising my perfect (in my eyes) chem levels (finally!!!! getting bromine level to a good level I haven't had to add bromine in awhile)

BP

Hot Tub Forum

tell me .........
« on: July 07, 2005, 09:51:01 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: tell me .........
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 10:26:22 am »
Ok I have an interesting question,

Interesting to whom?  Just kidding, I would think a reasonable question. My tub never goes below 100, so I can't answer with experience, but the only thing I have noticed temp wise if you are away and can't add santizier the tubs goes bad faster the hotter it is. When we go away for the weekend or longer I then turn mine down to about 95.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Backpains

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 10:41:52 am »

Interesting to whom?  Just kidding, I would think a reasonable question. My tub never goes below 100, so I can't answer with experience, but the only thing I have noticed temp wise if you are away and can't add santizier the tubs goes bad faster the hotter it is. When we go away for the weekend or longer I then turn mine down to about 95.

Interesting to me LOL ok so if I decide to try to drop the temp to say 94 I'll be ok with the chems?

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 10:43:34 am »
In the temps that the spa will be at, you will not have any problems.  

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 10:51:17 am »

I  was told by my hot tub dealer,  that tub must be at least 90 degrees F, in order for the chems to work properly.

07 Caldera Geneva

salesdvl

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 10:58:25 am »
Ok I have an interesting question, what temps in the hot tubs does the chems not works as well? and how far down can I go without compromising my perfect (in my eyes) chem levels
BP

I beleve that if your water goes below 32, your chemicals become a lttle sluggish.   ;)
Measure once, cut twice.

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 11:16:34 am »
in fact, below 30, your filter will be useless to remove any "solids" from your tub, even the light gets blurry....
so as an overview, if its below 30, both your chems and filter are ineffective, so i would definitely recommend not going in at all. ;D ;D ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 11:18:10 am »

I beleve that if your water goes below 32, your chemicals become a lttle sluggish.   ;)

That made me think, ( I hate it when that happens) I use to belong to a gym that had an ice pool.  I don't know what the temp they kept it at was, but I'm guessing around 40.  I get a lot of inflamation in my shoulders  and it felt wonderful for the 10-30 seconds I could stay in. Anyone else ever seen these?  Getting in the swimming pool was easy after that.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 11:18:35 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Backpains

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 03:09:17 pm »
I took half of the cover off for about two hours and my tub temp is now down to 94 degrees, made a huge difference! I also turned it over to economy mode to see if that helps too

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 06:05:39 pm »
AM I the only one that keeps their tub at 104? I am north of Boston and only get to use tub between 10:00 and mid-night and that warm water feels great!
john

Backpains

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 06:16:16 pm »
AM I the only one that keeps their tub at 104? I am north of Boston and only get to use tub between 10:00 and mid-night and that warm water feels great!
john

Must be the time after you get home huh?? I use it jcm from daylight 6:am mst to dark 10:pm so in the heat of the day around 12-6 it's pretty hot here (btw it got up to 86 today but, seems now we have showers coming in) I try to keep the tub temp down to about 92-94 then I'll put the cover back on and let it warm up for hubby and I's nightly soak..BTW gang..he is ADORING this idea of a hot tub!!

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2005, 07:17:18 am »
If your turn your tub down to a temp so low won't your filtration stop, mine stops when the temp in the tub gets to 3 degrees above set temp.  If the filter is not working I would think the water will soon follow.

My thoughts.
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2005, 07:42:15 am »
Back to the original question, the lower the temp, the slower the reactions are taking place.  This mainly affects pH and Alkalinity, but if you wait a day before testing, it won't matter.   Chlorine forms an ion and almost instantly pushes itself through every body of water it can get to.  

The long and short of it is, at the temps that the tub will be at, you will not be "compromising" your chem levels.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2005, 09:21:15 am »
john

104? in the summer? Wow. That's bit hot for my taste.

I'm west  of Boston and keep my tub currently at 95.   In the  Winter I keep it around 101.

07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2005, 09:21:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42