What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Backpains is in lots of pain today!  (Read 3813 times)

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
Backpains is in lots of pain today!
« on: July 06, 2005, 12:05:46 pm »
Primarily because I ran out of meds and forgot to get them ordered last week.....so gang if I don't answer for a bit I'm either taking my pain out on my hot tub and making me very very hot this time of the day ( it's suppose to get 95 today) or I'm laying down trying to make it go away!!! Sorry no funny quips today or laughter from this end of the peanut gallery, just ouchies bad!!!!!!!

Yours truly

Backpains

Hot Tub Forum

Backpains is in lots of pain today!
« on: July 06, 2005, 12:05:46 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Backpains is in lots of pain today!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 12:10:58 pm »
Have you tried holistic therapy?

Like organicly made magaritas?  ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

Backpains

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 12:12:35 pm »
Have you tried holistic therapy?

Like organicly made magaritas?  ;)

Now your talking!!!!!!!!! margeritas or maybe a strawberry daquiri please!!!!!!!!!!! and maybe a nice back rub that would be way nice

No, haven't tried holistic but I have tried acupuncture didn't work at all :(
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 12:13:11 pm by Backpains »

georgiapeach

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 12:46:26 pm »
Primarily because I ran out of meds and forgot to get them ordered last week.....so gang if I don't answer for a bit I'm either taking my pain out on my hot tub and making me very very hot this time of the day ( it's suppose to get 95 today) or I'm laying down trying to make it go away!!! Sorry no funny quips today or laughter from this end of the peanut gallery, just ouchies bad!!!!!!!

Yours truly

Backpains

I'm so sorry about your pains, Backpains... :-(  I know how you feel; been there, done that, but I was lucky enough that surgery did wonders for me.  There was no guarantee, but I got lucky.  Hope your appt next month goes well and they can figure out what to do!!!!

Peachy

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 12:50:28 pm »
Something we've found here in NC, also very HOT here, is to leave cover off and let temp get down to 90 or 91.  I used a tip from someone here about filling empty 2-liter pop bottles and freezing them then letting them float around in the tub.  When its really hot here, getting in the water at 90-92 really feels refreshing.  We also keep a gazebo up over it so the tub never has direct sun.  Sorry to hear about your back trouble, I hope you find some relief soon.  

Backpains

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 04:36:37 pm »
Thank you all for your concerns. I've been between the hot tub and the bed today so I haven't posted much (aren't you happy McCall  ;D ) anyways, still waiting to hear from my dr office, I'm hoping they do a next day mail to me that way I can get my meds.

Now if I can only get a daquri to go with that!?

shabba34

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 04:44:20 pm »
Hey Backpains, you ever try Bio-Freeze or Cryo-Derm for temporary relief in a bind?  

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 05:34:28 pm »
HI Backpains
I have had lower back problems for about 30 yrs. Some of my lower disc are damaged. It was more of a problem when I was in my 20's and 30's. I lost a lot of weight, work-out everyday and learned to take it easier in work. What I have found that helps my back is to sleep/rest on heating pad. Every once in a while my back will flare up with muscle spasms and shooting pain down my legs. I head off to the heating pad. it works everytime good luck
john

Backpains

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 06:15:09 pm »
Hey Backpains, you ever try Bio-Freeze or Cryo-Derm for temporary relief in a bind?  

I can actually say pkud nope I have never heard of that..I've tried everything today heat ice, hot tub, (btw it is 96 here today god I hate summer time as much as I hate winter here  :-/ ) resting....you name it I've tried it today! I absolutely am in as much pain as I think I can get...btw...who was the dr that did the pain scale from 1-10...that is soooooooo stupid when it hurts it hurts no numbers just pain ya know?

Backpains

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 06:19:24 pm »
HI Backpains
I have had lower back problems for about 30 yrs. Some of my lower disc are damaged. It was more of a problem when I was in my 20's and 30's. I lost a lot of weight, work-out everyday and learned to take it easier in work. What I have found that helps my back is to sleep/rest on heating pad. Every once in a while my back will flare up with muscle spasms and shooting pain down my legs. I head off to the heating pad. it works everytime good luck
john

Hi john;

as per my last post I've tried everything, the heating pad helps a little tiny bit but, not as much as I'd like it to I still am in alot of pain and I cry! unfortunetly I'm part of a small group of people that have back surgery and it doesn't work on...just leaves the patient in tremendous pain and suffering, some how I will figure out how to deal with it! ohhh btw, a little update for you all...I went to the ER and they gave me a couple of days of percocets to tide me over until I get my script on friday (hopefully!)

truly

Backpains (the one and only pain in your buttocks hahahahahahaha ;D)

Backpains

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 09:48:23 am »
Could you imagine being married to that.....wow

HUH!?

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2005, 09:49:42 am »
Yes, I can imagine it, I am living it.  That was a very rude comment.  I can't believe you even posted it.

But you know what?  Part of our vows were "in sickness and in health".  My husband did not choose to have a bad back and I'm know Backpains didn't choose it either.  Yes, it is difficult to be married to a bad back,  but there is a person that comes with it who is a very caring, loving husband, a great father and the most understanding, compassionate person you would ever want to meet.  

You sound like a very cold person.  I just hope you don't come into contact with anyone with a disability, who isn't as perfect as you.  And God forbid you marry someone who gets hurt.  What about aging parents?  Will you ignore them when they become to old to do things for themselves?  And OOPS if you have a child who is born with a defect or becomes ill.  What will you do then?

I don't get upset easily, but you sure pushed my buttons today.

I feel sorry for you and yours.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 09:52:10 am by Ruby »
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

Backpains

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 11:47:07 am »
Ok, after looking again at the comment that lookin wrote it offends me to think that there are people out there with little or no compassion for a person in pain. Yes my husband, who is the most generous, loving, compassionate man I've ever known, is very concerned and treats my back pain with the most compassion that I could ever ask for. Why else would I have gotten to test or even buy a hot tub? I would not have unless I actually had a hubby that cared for my well being. He has the most caring personaility of anyone I know. He goes with me to all my appts, he will travel 6-8 hours with me just to see a dr! hubby also uses his personal vacation time to ensure this goes with out problems with the travel and dr appts.  So see my husband does care, and yes if you ask him if he likes having to go to appts with me and dealing with my cranky moods and tears of pain he will say "NO I DON"T....I'd rather have her healthy and ready to be beside me with her crossbow ready as a big bull elk nears our path!"

What I pity is a person who seems to think that being married to a person with an illness or a chronic problem as such little disregard as to be rude to someone else online, or in person. Let me ask this...if you saw a person in a wheelchair would you say the same thing? Cause let me tell you at the rate my back is going....I will probably end up in a wheelchair by the time I'm 55, so please do not say "can you imagine being married to that"

BP

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2005, 03:22:29 pm »
Well, that is probably enough to have lookin4 go and get a new alias!

Does anyone in a wheelchair or otherwise having a mobility handicap have any insight on ways to make a hot tub usable/safer?

When I was on a Royal Caribbean cruise recently I saw a mechanical seat which could be used to lift someone into a hot tub. Probably a bit pricy for a backyard, but I wondered about the safety issues involved in using such a tub and if any products out there would help.

-Ed

Backpains

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 03:29:37 pm »
Well, that is probably enough to have lookin4 go and get a new alias!

Does anyone in a wheelchair or otherwise having a mobility handicap have any insight on ways to make a hot tub usable/safer?

When I was on a Royal Caribbean cruise recently I saw a mechanical seat which could be used to lift someone into a hot tub. Probably a bit pricy for a backyard, but I wondered about the safety issues involved in using such a tub and if any products out there would help.

-Ed

Actually eb you can buy and have installed a chair lift like what you probably saw. I am not sure where to start looking for something like that maybe do a google search. Hope this helps

BP

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 03:29:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42