What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Electric Meter Spinning Fast!  (Read 2957 times)

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
Electric Meter Spinning Fast!
« on: July 07, 2005, 12:50:52 pm »
Wow!!!  I read where someone commented that the electric meter was spinning fast but I took it as a figure of speech.

I can see my meter from the tub and when I turned my jets on it really took of spinning. :o I couldn’t believe it!

This tubs gonna cost money regardless of make/model or foam.

Hot Tub Forum

Electric Meter Spinning Fast!
« on: July 07, 2005, 12:50:52 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Electric Meter Spinning Fast!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 01:27:56 pm »
I can see my meter from the tub and when I turned my jets on it really took of spinning. :o I couldn’t believe it!

It does the same thing when the compressor to your fridge goes on, your AC unit, etc. I'd probably avoid grabbing a chair and sitting out in front of the meter to watch it as it'll only make you worry. Actually, it might be nice to have a huge display in my living room similar to the national debt click so the kids could see why it drive me nuts when they leave lights on, leave the fridge open while they make a sandwhich, etc. (wow, I sound like my Dad!!!).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 01:44:53 pm »

It does the same thing when the compressor to your fridge goes on, your AC unit, etc. I'd probably avoid grabbing a chair and sitting out in front of the meter to watch it as it'll only make you worry. Actually, it might be nice to have a huge display in my living room similar to the national debt click so the kids could see why it drive me nuts when they leave lights on, leave the fridge open while they make a sandwhich, etc. (wow, I sound like my Dad!!!).

That's funny!!! I actually did LAUGH OUT LOUD!

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 03:34:55 pm »
Drober:

I am not looking at my meter thank god I'm scared to!!!!! I got my first electric bill and it was actually lower than the month before surprised me! I know for a fact the water was on that bill but it was only like 15 bucks.
We will see if next month is bad, especially since I use it alot.

BP

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 04:00:26 pm »
If you wire the tub backwards - can you get credits? ;D

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 04:53:51 pm »
You ever see that commercial where the guy is on the phone standing in the *open door* of his first own house talking to his dad, saying, "Yeah, I'm heating/cooling the *whole* outdoors!"?  ;D

I about fall out of my chair each time it comes on; priceless.  It might be for Carrier, or something.  Goes to show you how the best commercials don't do a thing for brand recognition...

On the topic, yeah, anything with a few kW will make the meter act like it's gonna take the house into orbit.  :)
--
Lee

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 05:25:08 pm »
If you wire the tub backwards - can you get credits? ;D

sure!! only drawback would be that it sucks water into each jet and launches your filter skyward ::).... not very good therapy either..... might be used for removal of unwanted hair?? ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 05:25:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42