What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: started the search  (Read 3883 times)

hotwaterman

• Doh!
started the search
« on: June 27, 2005, 09:12:40 am »
I came across this website in trying to find info on spas. I read a lot of the submissions and it seems very intriguing in terms of the detail provided by everybody who submits.

Do you think I can get some help in the purchase of my new spa?

Anybody in the tristate?

Where do i start?

Hot Tub Forum

started the search
« on: June 27, 2005, 09:12:40 am »

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
Re: started the search
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 09:24:19 am »
Hi hotwater.....I just got mine so I know your frustration, you've come to a very good board to get info. First find out what hot tub dealers are in your area.....then go look at them, wet test them to death...the decision will be based 75% on wet testing to find the PERFECT spa for your needs.

Hope this helps, happy tubbing!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 10:08:00 am »
Tristate?  I've traveled quite a bit and heard that term used to describe about 50 different areas.  Where are you from?

We will be glad to help.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 10:32:11 am »
Anybody in the tristate?

Where do i start?

I'd start by going to the websites of some of the more well established spa makers that also have good reputations. Their sites will have dealer locators to let you know where their nearest dealer is to you based on your zip code. I'd suggest you look into Hot Spring, Sundance, Marquis, Caldera, D1 (there are certainly others and there should be many to choose from in your area). Visit as many of them as you're willing to, ask questions, get a feel for how well they'll take care of your needs both before & after the sale and wet test those you're interested in.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hotwaterman

• Doh!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 02:01:03 pm »
Thanks for the advice guys. By tri state I mean New York Metro area-Northern New jersey to be exact. So far all the websites on spas look nice and everybody seems to have good stuff. Anybody have some good referrals?

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 03:59:28 pm »
All the sites will tell you they are number one... :)  As has been said many times, you are buying a combination of several things:  the spa (physical fit/features), the dealer (service), and price.  You can add others, but these are the major ones for most.

One thing we didn't do with our first several years ago, and will definitely do with the next one this year is to wet test.  We ended up last time with a pretty good spa, but we did tend to both float a bit in the lounger, and we would have known about that if we had wet tested, and perhaps looked at other models.

For the amount of money and time you will be spending on and in the spa, you definitely want to know ahead of time what it will feel like when you 'get it home'. :)
--
Lee

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 06:19:22 pm »
Thanks for the advice guys. By tri state I mean New York Metro area-Northern New jersey to be exact. So far all the websites on spas look nice and everybody seems to have good stuff. Anybody have some good referrals?

Depending on where in NY / NJ you are - in SI - SI pool and Spas - Sells Master and Emerald and seemed to be pretty good. In Robbinsville, NJ - National Pool and Spa - sells Sundance and I did buy my above ground pool from them, couldn't afford Sundance. In Manalapan, NJ - Simply Spas - sells Artesian, that's where I got my spa - great people. Central Jersey Pools in Freehold, NJ - sells Beachcomber and Cal Spa - they seemed pretty good.

I know these are "Central Jersey" but I don't know where about you are looking. Also, be aware that the selling dealer is going to be the repairing dealer, so if you go out of the "local" territory then you may have to pay a trip charge - just an FYI.

As has been said EVERYONE has the "best" spa - you need to find the best spa for you!

hotwaterman

• Doh!
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2005, 10:59:34 am »
Thanks for the feedback guys ;). I called some spa dealers in northern bergen county and rockland. I'll see what they have to offer this upcoming weekend. I'll keep u guys informed.
So far the only one I'm hesitant about is the Sundance brand. they look beautiful but sound expensive.
I don't think I like the Hot Springs looks, looks to flakey in white. I'll get a closer look tho in the near future.
All dealerships sound like they are sincere but we'll see. I checked out the BBB.com website and looked them up.
Thanks guys, Happy tubbin. I'll join u soon.

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2005, 05:27:17 pm »
Ironically, you're starting to rule out 2 of the most popular brands out there (Sundance and Hot Springs)  Make sure you see tubs in person and wet test before ruling them out of your search.

Also, both of these brands have "sister" brands for you to consider in a lower price point....

Sundance has the 700 series and also is owned by Jacuzzi Brands, which also has their own line of tubs (I own one - it's great)

Hot Springs has Tiger River, Hot Spot, and a totally separate brand, Caldera.  Similar to Jacuzzi, in the sense that it has it's own manufacturing and models.

good luck, and again, wet test and see for yourself in person before ruling brands out.  Remember, you won't remember you saved a couple of grand in a few years when you're enjoying the tub you really wanted.

Mark

RTex

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 12:37:13 am »
I searched long and hard for spas from $5K to 10K in price and got quite confused after awhile.  Finally I decided I didn't want to spend more than mid-6's for a tub. I think Artesian, LA Spas, Emerald,and Master (Down East) Spas provide the best bang for the buck in my price range.  Many other brands have cheaper lines of tubs that fall in this price range but, IMHO, they didn't offer as much for the money.  I settled upon the Artesian (Island series).  Don't think I could have gotten much more for my money (including an excellent dealer).

lookin4

• HuH
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 05:43:12 pm »
hotwater, check out those arctic spas.  i haven't seen a better brand yet.  those hotsprings spas are junk.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2005, 06:16:19 pm »
hotwater, check out those arctic spas.  i haven't seen a better brand yet.  those hotsprings spas are junk.

WOW you put a lot of thought into that comment didn't you?

Are you a dealer or did your Arctic dealer tell you that?
Homeworks Financing Representative

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2005, 07:03:50 pm »
Kind of easy to see through this one. They usually try harder to look like real spa shoppers.lol

Look back on all lookin4's posts and it becomes clear.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2005, 12:28:58 pm »

An earlier quote of yours.....
Still Lookin for my ideal hot tub.Has anyone heard of the Artic Spa?

So you have become and Artic deciple in just 4 months? What model did you buy and how long have you had it now?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Neptuner

• My only tub foam
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 02:48:15 pm »
Arctic spas leave me cold.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 02:48:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42