What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Owner of New England Spa and Sunroom  (Read 12618 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Owner of New England Spa and Sunroom
« on: June 29, 2005, 01:28:36 pm »
Does anyone know the owners name of New England Spa and Sunroom in MA?
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

Owner of New England Spa and Sunroom
« on: June 29, 2005, 01:28:36 pm »

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
Re: Owner of New England Spa and Sunroom
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 02:49:25 pm »
This help?  :)

http://www.cne.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=205691

(Dang, I love the Internet.... )
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 04:23:03 pm by wmccall »
--
Lee

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 03:00:02 pm »
Thanks leesweet. IT does help.

I'm getting a sinking feeling with my dealer.  Arrrgh.  I was under the impression that although I was paying a bit more with this dealer, I'd be getting superior cusomer service. arrrrgh.

:-[
07 Caldera Geneva

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 03:07:27 pm »
Can you elucidate? :)  Having the not-to-rare problem of no-service-after-the-sale?   Seems to not match the BBB status, but I've heard those don't mean too much for businesses that are good members (and paid up.. :)  ).
--
Lee

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 03:24:14 pm »
Can you elucidate? :)  Having the not-to-rare problem of no-service-after-the-sale?   Seems to not match the BBB status, but I've heard those don't mean too much for businesses that are good members (and paid up.. :)  ).

The first two incidents were minor, simple tech questions that should have been answered quickly. The most recent being a heater re-set issue as noted on this board, that although not a majopr problem,  leaves me wondering if they know what they are doing.

The one that has my wife through the roof is a rude rep. We had scheduled our Ozinator install and orientation for this evening. this was set up over 3 weeks ago.  I just get a call from the service rep that she can't make it beacuse she's doing inventory.  I told her that wasn't good for me, as both my wife and I had the expectation that we'd have this all wrapped up tonight and we have changed our schedules to accomodate them.  The rep told my wife. "Sorry, nothing I can do. I gotta do my invetory tonight."

I'm pissed.  Both my wife and I work over an hour away from our house and changed meetings with clients to be there tonight.

The dealer insisted I pay completely for the spa before delivery and now I don't have everything I paid for and the dealer is less than concerend.

I think I may have a shell problem and wanted the dealer to look at it tonight (rough blemish on the foot well).  I wanted to go over the cover lifter install with them, I wanted to go over thier chemical system in detail, and of course I wanted the ozinator that they insisted I buy be installed, and I wanted to be there for it.

am I expecting too much?  ???
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 03:25:12 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 04:05:39 pm »
Doesn't sound like you are over-expecting to me... do you have a service manager you can talk to there?  If  that doesn't do it, I dunno.  You might talk to the CEO, as you asked for at the start.

I'll think I'll ask for some client references from my dealer on my next purchase... getting so the number one thing you are purchasing is service, since if you pick an upper-tier company, the hardware isn't the issue.

Good luck!
--
Lee

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 04:18:53 pm »
Well a quick memo to the owner asking why I was bumped  resulted in a another rep calling me imediently saying he'll  be there at my house tonight as promised.  

:)

My wife is happy.

which means I am happy.
07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 04:20:41 pm »
Good good good.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 04:23:32 pm »
There are two owners, I believe.  All the head guys are at the Natick shop/office as is their service department.  Each store has a manager.  Have you contacted him/her.  I agree, your orientation should take precedence over their inventory.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005, 04:25:30 pm »
You guys type faster than I do!

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2005, 04:26:21 pm »
Sounds like someone doesn't have their internal priorities straight...  could be the tech or the manager.  Perhaps now all's correct!  :)
--
Lee

J._McD

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2005, 05:09:28 pm »
Drewstar, I realize there are two sides to every coin, but your dealer seems to be responding to your needs.  Superior customer service is what we all aim to deliver but sometimes it is very dificult to to satisfy all the people all the time because some people expect a solution to a problem before we even find out about it.  It appears the poor employee who is caught in the crossfire trying to do everything didn't please you but the boss did.  I think that's great.

It appears you are experiencing lack of attention to your needs.  I sure am glad they are on it for you.  maybe it would help to review the owners manual before they get there so you can make the best of your time and don't need to take any more time off to understand what's going on with the new tub, kind of proactive.  It may even raise some new things to find out about.  I know it can be a little overwhelming with so much happening getting the spa up and going.

I happen to know some of the people there and know they are extremely customer oriented and very much concerned about keeping every customer happy, even unhappy ones.  Maybe things will take a turn for the better for you now. ;)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2005, 09:08:27 am »
Yup J_McD. I did read the manual and had a boat load of questions.

Follow up: Yup. After a quick memo to the owners my original salesperson (who was out of the office) called me and appoligzied.  They had bumped me to another rep who worked in a store 60 miles away (These guys own 4 shops in MA).   She was very rude and didn't care that my wife and I both had rearranged our schedules to do this.  She told me "What do you want? I can't be at two places at once. It's not my fault"

The original sales perspon and the rep they sent out last night were very good and exceeded the high expectations of customer service that *they* had set with me. So it's all good now.  It bothers me that I had to escalate it.

The rep installed the freshwater III ozinator and then spent 1.5 hours with my wife and I going over every thing.
He was knowledgeable, freindly and enthusiatstic.
After all our questions were answered, the rep wanted to sell us chemicals and accesories to the tub.

My wife looked at him and said "Are you on commision?"

"Yes" the rep responded.

"So,  the sales rep that blew us off tonihgt would have gotten the comission for any sales tonight if she had come out. but this is yours now?"

"Yes" he repliied again.

"Good. Give me a years supply of everything, the silver ion system, and a spa vac".

He was happy.  I'm happy.  And my wife is doing the happy rubber duck dance.  He gave her not 1, not 2 but three (yup, count 'em Backpains: 3  ducks :^)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 09:11:26 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2005, 12:42:42 pm »
Customer service pays off, especially when you have the right customers!   ;D
--
Lee

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2005, 12:48:21 pm »
Drewstar, you mentioned you wanted to go over cover lift install with them.  Did they not install the cover lift for you?  I would think this would be done as part of the intital set up.  Just wondering.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2005, 12:48:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42