What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance spa (CAMEO 880)  (Read 30675 times)

homer16

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Sundance spa (CAMEO 880)
« on: June 28, 2005, 09:06:00 pm »
We our buying our first spa and have narrowed our choice down to the Sundance Cameo 880.We have a price of 8,995 dollars and don't know if that is too high? Any help would be great as we are new to this spa thing.

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance spa (CAMEO 880)
« on: June 28, 2005, 09:06:00 pm »

J._McD

Re: Sundance spa (CAMEO 880)
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 09:53:56 pm »
That is a green light to go.  What was included in that price?  That is a very good price.  What else have you looked at?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 07:40:29 am by J._McD »

homer16

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 06:43:03 am »
Thanks for the reply we also like the Hot Springs Envoy which is 8,650 dollars. When we went back to Sundance he sold us on the whirlpool and the hugh filter.Any suggestions would be helpful.At Sundance the Cameo comes with steps,cover lifter,extra filter and chemicals. But so does the Envoy at HoSprings. We started our Hottub search in the beginning and only wanted to spend between 6 and 7 now we are up to 9 so really need to know if we are doing the right thing.

TrikkeAddict

• 2005 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 07:30:36 am »
We ordered, and are about to take delivery on July 11, of the Sundance Cameo!!!  

With what you got included, I'd say your price is very good!!!

Susan

J._McD

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 07:53:52 am »
homer16, you are certainly NOT doing the wrong thing.  Both manufacturers are excellant choices and either choice is a good decision.  You have indicated a very good price for both, however the Cameo has more content than the Envoy (i.e. for what it's worth, air injector system with aroma therapy, exclusive fluidex and vortex jets, as well as whirlpool jets, and I think the cabinet material is a good thing to compare closely).  

I believe the SD price to be favorable and justifies a little higher price than the Envoy which is also an excellant product.  Two very good choices that do not allow for a mistake.  You will own either one for a very long and enjoyable time. ;D

Revlis

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 08:53:09 am »
I don't know much about the Envoy, but I absolutely love my cameo.  I got the built in speakers/subwoofer option, and though expensive, I'm now convinced it was worth it.   I have the 2004 model... so no waterfall.  Gosh...   darn.   lol.    Anyhow, I sit in just about every seat, using all the different jets.  Love the whirlpool jets at times, love the power going to the seat jets the other times...    and when it's loaded with people I have everything spread equally.  

Not sure how well the Sunscents works though...  seemed to work for a day, then maybe my nose clogged up or something.

Anyone have a good experience with it so far?  How long should one of those little pebble packs last?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 09:18:10 am »
No Free Stereo?

Sigh.

07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 09:21:15 am »
We've given up on the pebble packs.  Can't say how long they last, since I can hardly smell them when they are new.  Even Mrs. Brewman, who can outsniff a bloodhound, has trouble detecting their scent.
There are a lot of liquid and crystal scents you can try that you can actually smell, and they don't require the use of the blower like the jet dry packs do.  Not that there's anything wrong with using the blower.
Brewman
Brewman

J._McD

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 09:28:01 am »
Brewman, try using the "pebble pack" as the delivery system and apply essential oils to them rather than purchasing new ones all the time.  That keeps them fresh and also delivers a heavier scent.  Spazazz also works great but that is introduced directly to the water.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005, 11:18:47 am »
I'll give that a try.  Thanks for the suggestion.
Brewman
Brewman

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2005, 11:50:19 am »
That price is in line with what I was quoted.

Mine arrives today!!!!

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2005, 11:57:09 am »
We chose the Envoy because it had 5 completely different seats and my wife likes the moto massage. The Cameo seemed to have only 3 different seats. and the tri x filters are great as a bonus.

trachda

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2005, 04:29:42 pm »
We bought our sundance cameo in the middle of May and we paid $9200 which included the cover lifter, steps, stereo, oznator, beginner chemnical set, delivery and set up.  We got a good deal because the color I choose the blue was only in stock with a stereo which we really didn't have to have but they made us a deal we couldn't refuse.  We love our tub and have been in it just about every day since we have gotten it.
Enjoy
Karen

J._McD

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2005, 05:34:05 pm »
No Free Stereo?

Sigh.

No Free ozone? ??? ;) ;D

msgreek

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2005, 12:46:18 am »
It took me 3 hours to find a Spa forum and finally found this one.  So far it’s very helpful.  As a first-time spa buyer it only took me two days to narrow my search down to the Cameo OR Jacuzzi 365 or 355.  Today, the Sundance dealer in Southern California quoted me at $7600 with the cover lifter, steps, oznator, beginner chemical set, delivery and set up.  I told to Sundance dealer that the Jacuzzi is very comparable in the specs and priced at $7695 with a bonus of $300.00 if I paid by check.  Jacuzzi is running the same bonus items as Sundance.  Tomorrow my goal will be to get the Sundance dealer down to $7400.
Buying a spa seems much more difficult than buying a car!  ::)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2005, 12:46:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42