What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: STICKY JETS  (Read 3109 times)

bobhol

• delivery in 35 minutes......or its LATE!!!
STICKY JETS
« on: July 03, 2005, 09:11:48 pm »
My "medium directional"jets as described in my manual seem to stick quite regularly. using pliers will work them loose but within a week or so they cannot be turned on or off easily. anyone else have this problem. the large multi jets have been problem free. bobhol

Hot Tub Forum

STICKY JETS
« on: July 03, 2005, 09:11:48 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: STICKY JETS
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 11:13:21 pm »
I have not tried it yet as the tub is new but I've read that cleaning the tub with "Swirl Away" or something like that could free up the jets.

Doc sells it on his site and he has some customer comments and it seems to really clean out the tub. I did buy a bottle to clean it at 6 months.

Another thing you can try might be soaking a jet in white vinegar - if there's any deposits it could break it apart.

nicker

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 10:37:00 am »
how old is your tub?  I have never had problems with Jets sticking.   Perhaps you need them replaced.  If they have bearings in them they could be damaged or gummed up.   I would call your dealer and see what they say.  

I just used that swirl away for the first time on my last water change I have had the tub one year.  And honestlly I wouldn't use it again.   I use city water and have never had a problem per say I just wanted to see if I would get any crud out of the lines and nothing.  But what a pain in the *&#@ to clean the tub and get all the detergent out.  Do most of you use that and then refill the tub and them empty and refill again?   I would say only use that if you know you have build up on your pluming.

bobhol

• delivery in 35 minutes......or its LATE!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 10:58:15 am »
My tub is 8 months old and the rest of the jets turn easily. once i turn them with pliers they are free but much tighter than the rest of the jets .My tub is a hydropool serenity elite plus and i have about 14 of that size jetof which  8 are very tight. I will give my dealer a call.      bobhol

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 10:58:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42