What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What's the best shock for bromine?  (Read 13573 times)

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
Re: What's the best shock for bromine?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2005, 12:20:29 pm »
I'm pretty sure the cloudiness, milkiness, opacity or whatever is entrained, very small air bubbles, but what is that cause? Why does it happen after a few weeks, and not right from the start?  Per dadofrad, it does not happen unless you use bromine. Is that true?

txwillie

my theory...

I've always understood it as a factor of TDS - the more saturated the water, the greater the likelyhood of "opacity". My guess is that it occurs more often with bromine than chlorine because of a tendency to "over brominate" thereby raising the TDS quicker. Since bromine doesn't "burn off" like chlorine and remains in the tub (as an effective sanitizer) the more bromine you add the greater the amount of disolved solids.
e

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2005, 12:20:29 pm »

txwillie

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2005, 02:15:13 pm »
I had it tested for TDS a week or so ago. Don't recall the #, but according to the dealer, it was not too high.

txwillie

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2005, 02:57:27 pm »
I use chlorine, and when I need a water change the tiny bubbles take a long time to get out of the water after the pumps are turned off.

txwillie

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2005, 03:04:06 pm »
guess it's pretty normal then. I'm at 10 weeks on this fill. guess I'll drain and fill this evening or next. having folks over this weekend and I want it to look nice, or maybe wait til after in case I get soaped from somebody's suit.

txwillie

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2005, 04:45:57 pm »
Hey TX I get the cloudy water while the jets are on only when hubby and I or I am in the tub, but within 20 min it goes away and crystal clear water is once again in my tub so...I'm not sure how to help there I have a bromine problem that consists of I have to add the bromine crystals about every 3-4 days due to the fact that my readings (using test strips) are low on my Bromine, when I asked my dealer he told me that was normal to have to use the bromine crystals for the first while until the tablets catch up he said if it gets to where we are using it alot we can actually open the floating bromine thing up a little more if we have to.

Hope this helps.

Backpains

tootall

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2005, 07:21:14 pm »
The best shock for bromine is don't use bromine. The stuff is crap!!!! I do not let my kids in any water that uses bromine . Been in the busi. for 21 years. I convert my customers to anything other than bromine.
ok why? do you not use bromine? pray tell why you do not let your kids in water that has it.? My nine year old son has had itchy skin from wet testing some models and when we wet tested the epic from Marquis his skin did not itch. and they use the spa frog system. so please tell me why your against bromine?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2005, 07:21:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42