What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Prices on Tubs in Showroom  (Read 2808 times)

Texas_Tubs

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Prices on Tubs in Showroom
« on: July 01, 2005, 02:21:48 pm »
Do you think it is a good or bad idea to put pricing on the tubs in your showroom.  Or is this just a good idea if you are running a sale.  If you think it is a good idea, do you put what the tub includes also.  

Thanks for your responses! ;)

Hot Tub Forum

Prices on Tubs in Showroom
« on: July 01, 2005, 02:21:48 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Prices on Tubs in Showroom
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 02:46:53 pm »
As a consumer, I like the idea. Assuming you putting the actual price on the tub.  I can look around and see what is what  and then talk with you about the tubs I like that fit my price.  

One dealer I went to had MSRP's on the tubs. That had no reflection on the selling price. It was very confusing, and after 45 mintues of working with the guy, I left.  Each tub was a "Well the MSRP is $12000, but I'm running a sale and I think I could get you into this for under 9 or so. "  kinda deal.  Kinda slick feeling to the whole thing that turned me off.

Don't put over inflated prices on the tub.  I might just walk out thinking your are seriously trying to get those prices, never to return.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 02:47:51 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 02:50:09 pm »
From a consumer's point of view, I think it's a good idea. Unfortunately I think most people will look at the price and possibly not ask questions.

My dealer sort of does this and she was busy with another customer the first time I went to her showroom. I saw the tubs and saw the prices and did the math and almost didn't buy. Apparently Artesian was running a $300 rebate sale and she was running (maybe always runs?) a 2 for 1 option sale. I decided to call her back and found out the facts about the price. It may have been more helpful to me if all the facts were there!

But with that said, I guess the bottom line is the feeling that a customer gets from the dealer on the dealer's honesty!

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 04:03:28 pm »
Personally, I would have liked to have seen the prices posted when I was shopping.  Since they are not, it leads you to believe that there is no set price - that you are expected to negotiate.

I always just asked for a brochure and jotted down the prices of the tubs that I was interested in so it was no big deal.

When I finally decided on which tub to purchase, I didn't wheel 'n' deal.  Maybe I could have, I don't know -  I just knew from comparing models that the price quoted was in the range as everything else I had looked at in that size tub.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 04:08:00 pm »
So far everyone is talking about prices, you did also say, whats included.  As that can vary from model to model, I did like that my dealer had a very thorough list at each model that I could take with me.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 04:28:31 pm »
 My dealer has prices listed on each spa, along with what that price includes.  They have a couple price points- one with the steps, lifter, chem, etc...
And one without anything but the spa, cover, and delivery.  
Brewman
Brewman

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2005, 09:22:53 pm »
If you have a wide range of prices ($2,000 +), then pricing on spas no big deal, but if you carry high end lines, I'd keep them in a price book to show the customer after education.  If they see a high price before they understand, they tend to shut off their brains.

Texas_Tubs

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2005, 10:40:44 am »
Thanks guys,

That really helps a whole lot.  You had some really good points.  I do feel that if customers know the price of the spa right away then they tend to not listen to the presentation.  But during a "Sale" people really want to know the prices.  And typically if the spa is set at a sale price already there will be no bargaining because they are getting the best price already.

Thanks again ;)

Chris_H

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2005, 12:17:16 am »
I am not a proponent of pricing on tubs.  

I was going to write more, but found my comments were going to be offensive to most.  

If you want my opinion just PM me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2005, 12:17:16 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42