What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover versus cap  (Read 8453 times)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Cover versus cap
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2005, 03:05:50 pm »
We have an incident reported to us by a customer regarding a cover that was purchased by his neighbor, from "another" store. Apparently the spa cover somehow managed to get ahold of a chain saw. I'm not really at liberty to discuss the rest however I can assure you we have gone to great lengths to guarantee that our covers simply can not nor will not be able to grasp a chain saw. All of this, in order to protect our valued customers.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2005, 03:05:50 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2005, 03:45:06 pm »
Wow. So you guys don't like this product then?

Hmm. Any chance of these folks offering these on custom-made spas as OEM parts?

Maybe we should get them together with you-know-who.

;) ;D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2005, 04:41:12 pm »
"don't like".......................??

hmmmm, actually I think it's an interesting idea, it just doesn't work quite right. I'm working on developing a much improved "knock-off" that shouls, I hope, actually insulate quite well, be easy to use and inexpensive to ship.

If I have my way if will also incorperate the DATE system. With this cover, never will you be alone again on a Friday night. The cover will come in one of 2 colors, pink, and blue. Sorry guys, but if you want the DATE system to get ya date you'll have to go with the pink version. BTW, it will also generate some outdoor lighting with the excess energy it saves and will be able to wash windows within 25' of the spa.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

shabba34

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2005, 04:44:22 pm »

hmmmm, actually I think it's an interesting idea, it just doesn't work quite right. I'm working on developing a much improved "knock-off" that shouls, I hope, actually insulate quite well, be easy to use and inexpensive to ship.

Doc, It sounds like you're making a "Super Custom Knock-off"
8)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2005, 05:03:37 pm »
More like Super Dupper Custom Knock-off. Combine the best of 8 different covers, most obsolete, along with some highly trained Californian ingenuity (this involves surfing and jetskiing, for those that don't know) into one that actually works........... But, don't expect to see it for at least a year.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2005, 05:14:45 pm »
Let me see if I understand this ( Ichecked out the web site for Spa-cap again) They use thin sheets of plastic, which would be a terrible insulator with a very very minumal r-value? Then they combine this with air (the worst insulator in the world) And they save me 50 bucks a month on my spa's 25 dollar a month energy usage...sign me up but I want to pocket the 25 bucks a month for beer!!
Retired

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2005, 07:17:39 pm »
Like I said, great math!  

But if you filled the thing up with helium instead of air, you could have a hover-cover.  You'd clip it down when in use as a spa cap, and when you want to use the spa, just unclip it, let it rise until the tether ropes retain it.

Brewman
Brewman

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2005, 08:27:19 pm »
You know, when I first saw this - or something very much like it - many years ago, I thought it would be a great thing to put on top of a regular cover for people who commonly get bowling-ball-sized hail.

You get the best of both worlds. And, you can keep the hail in the basement to cool your house in the summer.

;)

tootall

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2005, 02:08:39 pm »
Cover injuries: I imagined a scene with a cute young lady sitting in her back yard, and suddenly you hear  the ominus music Da-dun, da-duh, da-dun"

The lady looks up. Her face twsited in horror and she screams as a full foam cover attacks her.

It's just not neccessary. Stop the madness.

Thats funny I was lmao and I don't own a spa yet so i must be ready at all times for when spa covers attack ;D

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2005, 07:13:54 pm »
How come you guys never warned of psychotic and violent covers before?   :o :D

Chas, I'm taking it that HS covers are docile and well behaved!  Kind of like the duckies?   ;)
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2005, 09:00:31 pm »
Always.

We get ill-behaved ones now and then, but we threaten to send them out to a house with large dogs and they straighten right up.

;)

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2005, 10:35:09 pm »
Ahhhh!  That explains why mine is most polite and kind!  Even when I am babysitting the Blue Healer Mix (which happens to be this weekend)!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2005, 11:06:50 pm »
I didn't know you could get Blue Heeler in a mix!? I have always made mine from scratch.

Hmm.

I had a Heeler once: I think it could have been cooked just a tad longer.

;)

Chris_H

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2005, 11:29:44 pm »
One of the best threads ever.  I love when the Doctor gets involved.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2005, 11:29:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42