What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hey Master Spa Owners  (Read 10498 times)

Info_overload

• STILL Looking!
Hey Master Spa Owners
« on: June 29, 2005, 04:03:17 pm »
Just got a call from the Master dealer and gave me some pricing that I would like to run by you....  I just took a look at the spas last night and I don't have much info on any pricing.  Wet test scheduled for this weekend but want to go prepared!

LS750 - LED light option, steps, cover, lifter and delivery for $7535.

LS2X - Stereo, LED light option, steps, cover, lifter and delivery for $7495.

LS2X - No extra options, steps, cover, lifter and delivery for $6795.

Decent Deal???

Hot Tub Forum

Hey Master Spa Owners
« on: June 29, 2005, 04:03:17 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Hey Master Spa Owners
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 04:11:04 pm »
Let me know what you think of the neck/shoulder jets. We wanted an 800, but they only had a 700 on the floor. The dealer said he would call us when the 800 came in, he was expecting one in 2 weeks. Never heard from him.  At that time, the neck jets were a pulsating type that looked real good.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Info_overload

• STILL Looking!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 04:14:04 pm »
We did a dry test last night in the LS2X and it was unbelivable how comfortable it was!  We went in to test the Jacuzzi and wound up scheduling a test for the Master!

Info_overload

• STILL Looking!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 04:18:40 pm »
BTW - The dealer says that they are having the best sale that they have ever had and won't budge off of those prices....  

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 04:28:16 pm »
Hm, that sort of talk makes me (personally) suspicious and wary.  Anyone that says 'best ever sale' or who starts talking like a used car salesperson makes me want to find another dealer.

Unless someone has another explanation (like they got an extra truckload by mistake and 'have' to sell these extra spas....).
--
Lee

Info_overload

• STILL Looking!
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 04:31:20 pm »
It's a moving sale....  They're actually moving to another location a few miles from their current store...

And yep - I checked that out too!  They have two addtional locations that are within an hours drive!

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 04:37:12 pm »
Ah, that's more like it.  A *real* reason.  :)

Definitely better to sell them than to truck them and perhaps wear/tear them more...
--
Lee

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 04:50:31 pm »
Hm, that sort of talk makes me (personally) suspicious and wary.  Anyone that says 'best ever sale' or who starts talking like a used car salesperson makes me want to find another dealer.

Unless someone has another explanation (like they got an extra truckload by mistake and 'have' to sell these extra spas....).

Why would it be so hard to believe that someone is posting prices and actually saying that is it and it is fact the best price they have offered ....on the one hand so many say this is what they want and than when it happens you say they are like a used car saleman ....does that mean you want to see a price posted and than say now whats the real deal .....or do you want here is the real price now we can focus on finding the right spa for you....

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 05:04:09 pm »
No, what I don't want is to walk into a store and hear things like 'this is the best price ever' and/or 'this sale is the best one ever'.  Most times that's pure BS and classic pressure talk to get people to sign on the dotted line today.  Because when you hear 'best ever' you think (rightly or wrongly) that there's a time element involved, and you gotta make a decision *now*.

I expect to make several or more visits before signing a deal in order to know that I have the right spa and the right dealer, and ones that talk high-pressure closing talk without good cause (like here:  special sale because they are moving and would rather cut a deal than transport the spas) are not who I want to deal with.

BTW, *I* have not said I want a fixed price arrangement, because how do you prove that that that is so for everyone?  If it was so, and all the spas this dealer sold were like a carton of milk, fine, but based on what I've seen, I've not seen many like this.

And, I *have* said:  I don't care that much about a few hundred dollars.  I want to have a relationship with the dealer where he and I aren't trying to battle for the last $100 at sale time but to have us both happy with the sale so when I call for service he will be happy to respond.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 05:07:08 pm by leesweet »
--
Lee

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005, 05:15:18 pm »
BTW - The dealer says that they are having the best sale that they have ever had and won't budge off of those prices....  

I cant remember what I paid for my LSX W/lights I think around 8400?? I would have to look back and I'm to lazy right now :( .

That does sound like a good price.

Ps........My dealer called me yesterday and the LSX is on the truck from Indy  ;D ;D ;D...............next week BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  sorry I could not resist ;)

pss I came this[] close to buying the ls2x but called the dealer back and had her change the order to the LSX...................reason variety of seating 8) 8) 8)

J._McD

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2005, 05:31:16 pm »
And, I *have* said:  I don't care that much about a few hundred dollars.  I want to have a relationship with the dealer where he and I aren't trying to battle for the last $100 at sale time but to have us both happy with the sale so when I call for service he will be happy to respond.

And rightly so, it is a two way street and we all want to be happy.

But, what I think mendo was eluding to was the "mind process" of what we sellers are in the "eyes" of the consumer.  I think if you re-read it and put it in perspective from the sellers point, it does appear to be offensive, but certainly understandable.

If it was a really good lie that was believable, it would be ok.  I have some buyers that have taken 2 years before they bought.  Nothing is going to happen until the buyer is ready, sometimes it is the sales persons job to try to make the sale happen, that is simply a closing technique and many buyers respond to it.  Some do, some don't, so what, next.  It is all about how you come across. ;D

Ritz

• Vanguard 2004
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2005, 05:54:57 pm »
I put a deposit on a 2005 LS750 earlier this year, with light, cover and steps it was 7995 (no lifter!).  I passed, losing my $1,000 deposit because of the dealer (90%), and a few scary postings from customers who had increases in their monthly eletric bill of $100 a month (10%). My husband loved the neck jets, we both loved the foot jets and the lights.  Didn't love the dealer.  Had no way to track down another dealer . Sounds like you're getting a great price...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2005, 06:25:35 pm »
No, what I don't want is to walk into a store and hear things like 'this is the best price ever' and/or 'this sale is the best one ever'.  Most times that's pure BS and classic pressure talk to get people to sign on the dotted line today.  Because when you hear 'best ever' you think (rightly or wrongly) that there's a time element involved, and you gotta make a decision *now*.

So do " Most" and " Always" mean the same thing .....the reality is there are times when for many different reasons you can in fact offer a price that is only for a limited time and YES it does mean it has an end date ....Would you feel better to hear about this very attractive price and than wait two weeks come in and find out that it is no longer available .....Would not than you wonder why was I not told that is good though this time period only .... The simple truth is that there are promotions that have a start date and an end date and it is not always " sales BS " .....
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 07:03:52 pm by Mendocino101 »

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2005, 09:17:25 am »
Oh, I agree.  But how are *we* supposed to know what's a real best recently sale and what's a banner that's been on the wall for months?  [J_McD, understood, see below...]

The problem most spa purchasers have is that we are in the same place most car purchasers are or worse:  we do this once every 5-10 years, and they do it every day.

So, if I make a comment about used car sales techniques, I hope I can be forgiven.  :)

I'd like the spa dealer to be like the Saturn dealers (were supposed to be? I dunno...).  Good profit built in to the price, no unending haggling, and win-win, with no problems when it comes to service.

As for the 'best sale ever', you gotta understand any 'best' sort of words do tend to ping the BS radar.  :)
--
Lee

Forum Admin

• YaBB Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2005, 09:26:33 am »
Now, if the best ever sale, was good only today, then I run.

Oh, I talked to my friend with the 1050, and he thinks his electric went up $30-40 per month.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 09:27:43 am by admin »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2005, 09:26:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42