What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hey Master Spa Owners  (Read 10492 times)

buckeyespa

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Hey Master Spa Owners
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2005, 09:46:59 am »
Those are good prices. Dealer Im sure is taking a small loss, but it evens out if he doesnt have to move the tubs out and then into the new store.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2005, 09:46:59 am »

Info_overload

• STILL Looking!
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2005, 11:58:22 am »
Thanks for all of the great input!  The info regarding the electric cost is also much appreciated.

I'll let you all know the verdict after the wet test this weekend!!!  : )

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2005, 12:02:36 pm »
I put a deposit on a 2005 LS750 earlier this year, with light, cover and steps it was 7995 (no lifter!).  I passed, losing my $1,000 deposit because of the dealer (90%), and a few scary postings from customers who had increases in their monthly eletric bill of $100 a month (10%). My husband loved the neck jets, we both loved the foot jets and the lights.  Didn't love the dealer.  Had no way to track down another dealer . Sounds like you're getting a great price...

You forfieted a $1000 deposit?  You better get a damn efficent tub to recoup that $1000.

07 Caldera Geneva

Info_overload

• STILL Looking!
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2005, 12:07:47 pm »
Thanks for all of the great input!  Sounds like these are a pretty good deal! The info regarding the electric cost is also much appreciated and I will investigate that further.

I'll let you all know the verdict after the wet test this weekend!!!  I'm tired of looking and ready to soak! : )

Still in the running are:
   Sundance Altamar
   Vita Essence
   Dynasty Camelot 4000
   Master Spa  (LS2X/LSX or LS700/LS750)

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2005, 12:11:55 pm »

You forfieted a $1000 deposit?  You better get a damn efficent tub to recoup that $1000.

Thats what I thought!  I have NEVER heard that before, the most was about $60 increase in the dead of winter! In the NE.! $100 a month it must be a piece of #%^$# or that was just a poor guess.

Gary

Ritz

• Vanguard 2004
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2005, 12:24:43 pm »
the electrical usage wouldn't have kept me from buying it - I was scared of throwing more good money away if I bought the spa.  The day I went to order the tub (at the time I put down the deposit I hadn't decided whether to get the 700 or 750), the dealer was closed, no sign on the door, no answer on the phones, and an real estate available sign on the lot.  I had not heard from thsi dealer since I put the deposit down at a H&G show with show salesman.  This dealer was formerly trade show only and was opening a retail location in place of one who'd gone out of business.  The BBB had 55 complaints in the last 3 years, with 36 in the last 12 months.  (They also would only deliver the spa, not show how to maintain & operate after it was filled).When I found the 800 # off the internet - they said they were opening a new location in another month.  I wanted no part of this, and was told that my deposit was on a special order and couldn't get the refund.  I found this confusing since I had not ordered the tub yet - but maybe you dealers can explain it.  I made up the difference by buying a floor model at HS - kept my overall budget about the same.  My new dealer has been in business 25 years, and has been great at every step of the process.  I sleep better at night now, but it was an expensive lesson.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2005, 12:39:23 pm »
the electrical usage wouldn't have kept me from buying it - I was scared of throwing more good money away if I bought the spa.  The day I went to order the tub (at the time I put down the deposit I hadn't decided whether to get the 700 or 750), the dealer was closed, no sign on the door, no answer on the phones, and an real estate available sign on the lot.  I had not heard from thsi dealer since I put the deposit down at a H&G show with show salesman.  This dealer was formerly trade show only and was opening a retail location in place of one who'd gone out of business.  The BBB had 55 complaints in the last 3 years, with 36 in the last 12 months.  (They also would only deliver the spa, not show how to maintain & operate after it was filled).When I found the 800 # off the internet - they said they were opening a new location in another month.  I wanted no part of this, and was told that my deposit was on a special order and couldn't get the refund.  I found this confusing since I had not ordered the tub yet - but maybe you dealers can explain it.  I made up the difference by buying a floor model at HS - kept my overall budget about the same.  My new dealer has been in business 25 years, and has been great at every step of the process.  I sleep better at night now, but it was an expensive lesson.

I don't know about you,  but $1000?  I'd pursue this in small claims court.
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2005, 12:48:16 pm »
When I placed my 10% deposit, I asked if this was refundable and was told "100% up to the day of delivery"  It was a floor model, but my dealer said if someone orders a tub and cancels he will sell it to somoene else.

Here in Ohio, we have a 3 day cooling off period where a 100% refund is the law.  Do other states have that?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

shabba34

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2005, 12:52:57 pm »
When I placed my 10% deposit, I asked if this was refundable and was told "100% up to the day of delivery"  It was a floor model, but my dealer said if someone orders a tub and cancels he will sell it to somoene else.

Here in Ohio, we have a 3 day cooling off period where a 100% refund is the law.  Do other states have that?

Some states are 3 day right of recision, and others have 7.  It also depends on where the purchase was made:  Home show, or fair, or showroom.  At least that is what my accountant tells me, but can you ever trust a dirty accountant. ;D

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2005, 02:25:24 pm »
The law in Ohio is, 3day right of rensincion if the product was sold to you off site from the selling dealers place of business. Most dealers offer refunds if you change your mind. Ohio Pools in Canton Ohio will refund the full price up to 30 days AFTER installation if you are not satisfied for ANY reason. The Mansfield HS dealer (cant think of the dealer name right now) will offer a full refund minus 10% for a restock fee and for expense to pick it up from your house if you change your mind within 30 days. Those dealers said that it is very rare that a customer returns a spa but it does happen once in a while. Not sure what they do with it after it is returned.???

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2005, 05:31:27 pm »
That’s what I thought!  I have NEVER heard that before, the most was about $60 increase in the dead of winter! In the NE.! $100 a month it must be a piece of #%^$# or that was just a poor guess.

Gary

Gary,
I tested an LS700 with a meter provided by the utility company for 4 months and you'de be surprised! It came close to $100 in the last month and it wasn't even the coldest time of year. Granted, the spa was on a second story deck, had no protection, in a high wind area and was used at least an hour per day.

We got the cost down by moving it to ground level on a concrete pad, adding more insulation and reducing the filter cycles but it is still running over $40 on average. I even shared this info with Master back when I was a dealer...

That series has great jet performance but can be pricey to operate in some areas!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 11:02:28 am by stuart »

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2005, 09:04:29 pm »
That’s what I thought!  I have NEVER heard that before, the most was about $60 increase in the dead of winter! In the NE.! $100 a month it must be a piece of #%^$# or that was just a poor guess.

GaryGary,
I tested an LS700 with a meter provided by the utility company for 4 months and you'de be surprised! It came close to $100 in the last month and it wasn't even the coldest time of year. Granted, the spa was on a second story deck, had no protection, in a high wind area and was used at least an hour per day.

We got the cost down by moving it to ground level on a concrete pad, adding more insulation and reducing the filter cycles but it is still running over $40 on average. I even shared this info with Master back when I was a dealer...

That series has great jet performance but can be pricey to operate in some areas!

WOW thats quite a drop for just moving it. What part of the country?  Gary

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2005, 09:04:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42