What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Poll gang which color light in your hot tub....  (Read 12195 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Poll gang which color light in your hot tub...
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2005, 11:04:24 am »
All light carries through the night and travels.  The Navy tought me red light at night is the best because the pupils dialate and the red light does not carry for a distance.  "Combat information centers" jor "CIC"  always had red light for that reason, it does not travel and when you walk back into the dark your eyes adjust immediately as the pupils are dialeted or wide open.

I wonder what happened to our user UNDER THE STARS. Red flashlights are popular among astronomers for that reason as well.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2005, 11:04:24 am »

Drifter

• Master Spa LS850 Owner!
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2005, 11:23:14 am »
I use the colorscape. To all of you who were complaining about lack of color why not spend the $100.00 and get a LED multi light? They fit right in the factory location and are brighter and offer multiple colors and effects. I like the blues and greens and the slow change over. The "disco effect" of fast switching has to be the most anoying! My tub is out on my deck and when I have parties, even if no one is in the tub lighting it up blue or geen makes it look awesome!

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2005, 11:47:26 am »
I let mine cycle through all colors. If we do stop it, it is on red and then adjust it to the most dim setting. Wmcall is right your eyes can still see things in the distance if the red light is on.

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2005, 03:20:42 pm »
Little late back to this thread... Backpains, thanks for the clarification on your lenses.  That makes a lot more sense than changing bulbs! On the last spa we had, it had an LED cycling set, also, and we liked blue and green.  Stars were also nice... :)

BTW, red light use at night is slightly more complicated:  it doesn't affect your night vision, so, you can read things like gauges (in a plane or boat) and still see the world outside.  (I've been a boater all my life, trust me. :)  )  

Its use on a battleship (in CIC or elsewhere) or a small boat is similar: in case you were hit and found yourself in the water, you could better see and people could see to find you.

(The things you learn here, hm?)
--
Lee

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2005, 04:27:32 pm »
I use the colorscape. To all of you who were complaining about lack of color why not spend the $100.00 and get a LED multi light? They fit right in the factory location and are brighter and offer multiple colors and effects. I like the blues and greens and the slow change over. The "disco effect" of fast switching has to be the most anoying! My tub is out on my deck and when I have parties, even if no one is in the tub lighting it up blue or geen makes it look awesome!

Cause I just spent a little over 7k to purchase and house my spa? lol

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2005, 04:31:35 pm »
Put it in the budget for next season...  ;D
--
Lee

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2005, 04:38:35 pm »
Putting a few things in the budget for next season, like a ozonator and maybe some colored lights, ooo or maybe a stereo (not that kind either) I was thinking of adding a boom box next summer. Oh and this month I get that outdoor carpet put on the floors in the front of the tub hubby doesn't like that we can track dirt in the tub and neither do I.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2005, 05:49:55 pm »
I was considering upgrading to the led light system for my spa, but I like the blue so much over the other colors that I have decided to stay with the lens cover system... for now.

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2005, 06:06:00 pm »
Does anyone know if the 24 LED aftermarket lighting is brighter than the 7 LED light that comes with the Sundance Spa??? If anyone has changed their included LED light to a 24 LED light, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2005, 06:06:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42