What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Circulating Pump Question  (Read 3294 times)

Info_overload

• STILL Looking!
Circulating Pump Question
« on: June 27, 2005, 07:04:41 pm »
Had a dealer tell me that a 24 hr circulating pump was not any advantage..  I was under the impression that it is a must have ....

The truth is??????

Hot Tub Forum

Circulating Pump Question
« on: June 27, 2005, 07:04:41 pm »

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
Re: Circulating Pump Question
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 07:26:49 pm »
Had a dealer tell me that a 24 hr circulating pump was not any advantage..  I was under the impression that it is a must have ....

The truth is??????

24 hour pumps are just a feature that certain tubs have, it's not to say that they are any better or worse from any other circulating pump, or this is just my opinion here. Mine is a Coleman 461 and it does NOT have a 24 hour pump...I actually have to set it for when to filter does not make it better or worse.

Hope that helps

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 07:33:24 pm »

The truth is??????

I'm gonna take a guess and assume that dealer sells spas without a circ pump. I on the other hand like them but wouldn't go as far as to call them a "must have". You can go either way on this one.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Info_overload

• STILL Looking!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 07:38:54 pm »
You got it!  The spa's that have the circ pumps on them are a must have -  the ones that don't have them, the pump isn't important.

The main question that I guess I have is  -  Is there a negative or postive to having/not having the circ pump?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 07:54:58 pm »
I have sold tubs with and without. The circ pumps are a nice feature IMO.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 08:15:51 pm »
I would say you can make a case for them either way....If you like them you do  and if you do not not you can come up with a reasonable list as to why ... regardless, a good solid maker will be the best choice in the end....
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 08:16:30 pm by Mendocino101 »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 08:33:26 pm »
To confuse the issue, some manufacturers offer tubs with or without them.

Artesian's Island series is an example, the circ pump is an option but also includes their better heater.  Master had a unique setup on it's Down East line, the standard tubs have a circ pump but the SE version (more features) didn't (at least in their 2004 models), don't know why!

As others have said, it doesn't really matter. I personally bought the Artesian with circ pump because I wanted a circ pump and the better heater was a bonus. Although I may not have paid the $300 price IF the heater wasn't included.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2005, 08:48:27 am »
I'd say if you're going to get an ozonator then it's better to have the circ pump as you can run the ozone 24/7, not just during the filtration cycles.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2005, 08:48:48 am »
The Optima came with it standard.  It wasn't a deciding factor, it's just how they choose to do some of the filtering.  It's also how heated water is returned to the spa.  Works good from my perspective, but othere tubs get along fine without.  
He who's name is banned hates them, which in my opinion is a good enought reason to like that I have one.
Brewman
Brewman

Info_overload

• STILL Looking!
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2005, 01:46:45 pm »
Thanks all!   I think that the circ pump will be an important feature to us...

And I may be new to this board but I DO know who you're talking about Brewman!  And you're right,  that may be the main reason to insist on one!  : )

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2005, 01:57:48 pm »
For what its worth, Dynasty didn't use to offer them, but I believe it is standard on thier newer models (advantage line)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2005, 02:17:24 pm »
...He who's name is banned hates them, which in my opinion is a good enought reason to like that I have one.
Brewman

Brewman, BRO, that's starting to sound a little Harry Potterish?  Are you a fan?

Drewski

:D
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2005, 02:17:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42