What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dazed and Confused!  (Read 3820 times)

Info_overload

• STILL Looking!
Dazed and Confused!
« on: June 26, 2005, 11:47:49 am »
My husband and I made the decision to add the spa to the backyard a couple of weeks ago.  After MUCH investigation into the spa industry and numerous manufacturers, my head is swimming with too much information!  I have been reading all of the fourms that I possibly can - wonderful information and a lot of people that really know what they're talking about - I've learned more from them than any website!

Here's the criteria for "our" spa:

-  Just the two of us so so nothing really big.  Would    like a spa for four or five for the invite of friends.
 -  Therapy is number one in consideration
 -  Really like the idea of a lounger

Here's what we've done:

-  Checked out HotSpring - the sales guy was not impressive and kept telling us that everything was "extra".  Kept knocking the competition really bad - they don't do this and they do that......  He took our name and number and has not called us back after two weeks. Turned me off very quickly.  

-  Checked out Sundance - Wonderful sales person and very customer focused.  Made sure that we wet tested the exact spa (Marin) that we were looking at. The Sundance just didn't "fit" us. Power of the jets were great but I just couldn't get comfortable.

-  Checked out Caldera, Cal Spa and Viking at one location - did not wet test.  The store that sells these models in our area are sales focused and not service focused.  They told us that they would drop off the spa and we could call them if we had questions on set up.  That scares me - seems that they take your money then you're on your own!

-  Same thing happend at the Jacuzzi Premium dealer...  We'll drop it off and you can call us with any questions....  Sorry but that just doesn't sound right to me????

-  Found an Arctic dealer close and really liked the dry feel of the spa...  Sales person was very good and not pushy at all.  Called us back and asked us to come for a wet test so we did.  Like the Sundance,  it just didn't "fit".  Jets on the Arctic were just not what we are looking for and I kept floating out of the lounger.  Sales person offered us a decent deal on the floor model top of the line Cub.  

-  Next moved to the Vita Essence.  Wet tested and fit like a glove!  Did not float out of the lounger and had a lot of power.  Sales person has called me several times and checks on me - even called to tell me that they have a sale running until June 30 for an additional $1,000 off......  Searched the forum sites and Vita is not getting too good of write ups and that concerns me!

-  Today -  Off to check out D1, Dynasty, Artisian and Coast......  Taking the suits and towels with us to take the plunge! Problem with these models is that the dealer is 40 miles away but they're the closest to us that have those brands.  Would love to check out Marquis but the dealer is even further away.

I've been checking out the BBB for any dealer that we consider but still looking for someone to "show me the way"!!!!  I realize that we need to get the spa that fits us but also I want a very reliable brand.....

Any insight?  Am I missing something?  Am I not doing the right thing?  Am I too focused on service?  Are my expectations too high?  Am I looking at the right spas?  Am I missing a particular spa that I should be looking at?

This is really stressful!  I need a spa just to take the pressure off of the purchase process!!!!  AAAGGGHHHH!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Dazed and Confused!
« on: June 26, 2005, 11:47:49 am »

J._McD

Re: Dazed and Confused!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 01:03:00 pm »
Information overload is a good analogy.  The more you look, the more you listen, the more you see, the more you get confused.  I can't believe dealers are not interested in your business as a few have followed you up and did in fact show that interest.  You have looked at some pretty good winners but I think either you or they missed hitting the target.

Make a list of all the places you visited, list a key word, negative or positive after reviewing the list marking them with a + or -.  If your list shows 10 eliminate 6 based on your initial review.

Focus on the 4 and put everthing you can think of that is good about each one.  How important is what to you?  The warranty, the manufacturer, the dealers service, leave price aside for a moment and focus on what is important to you.

Now, list all of the negatives you can think of.  This is all about your decision and they all want to sell you a product.  But, your trying to figure out what is important to YOU while they are trying to SELL you THEIR product.  Learn from them.  There is positive selling and you have mentioned negative bad mouthing this really turns people off.  Try not to let personalities influence your deecision.

There are people on this board that can give some VERY GOOD insight about products or brands that they know VERY WELL.  It is all about what is best for you.

After you have done your list of elimination, go back and revisit the top 4.  If somebody turned you off there, call and ask to speak to the sales manager and schedule an appointment to go in to see him personally.  Take a closer look and see if you get a different impression.  

Try to express to them how you feel about your shopping experiences and see if you can get a differrent point of view on the product, the dealer and the pricing.  You know what your budget is, let them know so that they can help you.

Then sit down once agoin and review the 4 and reduce it to 2.  Now, if you have a problem at this point, flip a coin because I don't think you can make a bad decision after this evaluation process.

Information overload is TILT.  Reload, reexamine, reevaluate, reconsider then decide.  Do not hesitate to ask this board questions during your process.  They will have some good input for you to analyze things from both the consumers point of view and the sellers point of view.  

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 02:23:16 pm »
Your experiences sound similar to mine.  I loved the Sundance spas but the Marin wasn't a good fit.  I continued to check out other spas but I just wasn't able to mark Sundance off my list.  I went back and tested some of the other models that Sundance has.  Altamar didn't fit either but the Cameo was just right.

Just 3 more days until my Cameo is delivered!

Info_overload

• STILL Looking!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 06:49:44 pm »
Thanks for the great advice!  Started a journal today and you're right - I think it may be easier than we're making it.........

After writing down the pros and cons of all the spas that we've wet tested (we're not considering anything that we don't) we're down to two....

Was really looking forward to wet testing a Dimension 1 but the dealer where we were did not have any filled due to a home show in the area and all those spas being sent there. He told us that he would let us know when he has one available to test for us.

Also,  due to the great write ups regarding Sundance,  I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow and ask if we can wet test the Altamar,  the next step up from the Marin.

Vlady - I'm so jealous!!!  But very happy for you!!  I am glad to hear that others go through the same thing that we're going through!  Even more glad to know that there IS light at the end of the tunnel!!!  : )

autoplay

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 06:53:07 pm »
Sundance line of spas are in the upper echelon.

As McD stated,make a list,and justify the pros and cons to all your considerations.

GL :)

dentlfly

• maxxus owner
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 12:54:02 pm »
wet test sundance maxxus. we tested cameo and found the arrangement of maxxus better, especially the foot dome. on cameo we had to twist a bit to use foot jets; foot dome awesome on maxxus. a bit larger and pricier than cameo but you will probably keep tub for awhile. happy tubbing.

Info_overload

• STILL Looking!
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 01:31:34 pm »
Maxxus is a great looking tub but wow is it big!  I guess another way to look at is I wouldn't have any problem with "spreading out"!!!!

Adding another to the mix!  Wet testing a Jacuzzi Premium 355 tomorrow night....  

Tested a Dynasty Oceania yesterday - we would be looking at the Camelot 4000 but they didn't have any of those to test.....

My husband is starting to think that I just like the idea of  becoming an exhibitionist in the showrooms!!!!  : )  

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 01:37:45 pm »
Tested a Dynasty Oceania yesterday - we would be looking at the Camelot 4000 but they didn't have any of those to test.....

My husband is starting to think that I just like the idea of  becoming an exhibitionist in the showrooms!!!!  : )  

Check these guys out, they are probably about the same driving distance for you, and have been great to me.

http://www.thehottubstore.net/  Their stock changes pretty regularly, I'm sure if you call, they will tell you if they have a Camelot on the floor.

Here is the Camelot, very similar to my tub
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 01:44:59 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 01:40:34 pm »
Hey! Don't forget to throw the coleman's in the mix!!! If you have a Coleman dealer close by you should test those to, just a comment  you said therapy is one of you top concerns so, definetly wet test one of the colemans if you can. Yeah guys...I had to put my two cent's in there tooo...

Happy Tubbing  ;D

Backpains

p.s. I've sat in mine 3 times today so far hehehehe I am loving this pain relief I'm getting

Info_overload

• STILL Looking!
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 01:49:41 pm »
I've been reading all of your posts and I am so happy that the spa is helping you!!!!!!!!  Confirms that when I finally do find the right one,  it will be money well spent!

After reading your posts this morning - I logged onto the Coleman website and there is a dealer about 40 miles from us - I'll be cruising their website tonight to  check out if they have a tub that will fit us...

AND - YOUR TWO CENTS WORTH WERE WELL SPENT!! ;D

dentlfly

• maxxus owner
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2005, 10:13:08 am »
don't let the size of the maxxus turn you away; wet test it. you will find it is the ultimate tub for 4 adults to stretch out in. WET TESTING IS THE ONLY WAY TO KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2005, 10:13:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42