What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: If heaven is a Coleman 461 then........  (Read 7005 times)

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
If heaven is a Coleman 461 then........
« on: June 27, 2005, 09:19:12 am »
I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!!! This thing was dilivered yesterday at 10am, after much anticpiation by me, hubby, and the neighboring children the Coleman 461 is finally here set up and a warm 98 degrees! Hubby accompanied me last night TWICE into the spa!!!! HE LOVES IT!!!! So do I!!!!!!!!!! By the time we hit the second soaking, I was in heaven every part of my back soothed!!!! I slept ALL NIGHT! I couldn't believe it! And to top that off.....I haven't had to have my pain meds (the ms-contin) for two doses!!  Now THAT ladies and gentlemen is progress!! My pain has gone from a 10 to about a 6 impressed? wait I'm not done gushing yet! The last few days I've noticed that my feet and knees have been aching alot! Well, I have my knees and feet down from a 9 to about a 5!!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!

Anyway, we were having a small problem last night after our first soak with the bromine level, it went from having some to NOT, but..withoin about 45 min we had that puppy up to decent! It's soooo wonderful getting into that water and having hubby get in with me is even a bonus! Pictures of hot tub in it's spot are forth coming soon....seeeeee Backpains can be pleased!!! Guess that means I need to change my name huh? hehehehe

Happy tubbing!!!!!!

Backpains no more!

Hot Tub Forum

If heaven is a Coleman 461 then........
« on: June 27, 2005, 09:19:12 am »

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
Re: If heaven is a Coleman 461 then........
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 09:31:25 am »
Congratulations Backpains!  That is wonderful news!

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 09:35:22 am »
Congrats. Glad to hear you are finally soaking.

You will use your bromine at a rate (approximately) 1ppm/person/15 minutes. Adjust and add accordingly.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 09:42:18 am »
May you always have clean, hot, bubbly water that will ease your pains for good!!!

I'm so happy for you!  Glad your hubby loves it, too!  I'm so glad that it is relieving your pain so much!  That is terrific!!!

Enjoy that Coleman, I'm sure it was heaven sent!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 09:51:42 am »
Whooooaaaaa there GIRL!

I'm hoping you know what a SERIOUS drug "ms-contin" is, especially when using a Hot Tub. Morphine is a fast acting vasodilator that can drop your blood pressure VERY quickly. In fact, it's often given to reduce blood pressure during heart attacks. Getting in that tub can compound the effect, especially if you start playing with your dosage. For example, not taking any for a few days, then having a "BAD" day, taking some and THEN getting in the tub.

A word of caution. If you start getting sleepy while in the tub, get out quick! It might be your only warning before passing out. Please be VERY careful with this issue!

Just looking out for ya!

Peace and Hot Water!

Drewski

BTW, CONGRATS on the tub!

:D

« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 09:52:41 am by Drewski »
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Backpains

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 09:55:47 am »
Drew darlin.....

Yep I know, this is what doc has put me on, but I am also taking Percocet for the breakthrough pain, and have not had to take ONE pill since getting into the tub yesterday at 6:00pm...so this is a good thing right? hehehehehe

Hey it just dawned on me.............damn it....I haven't gotten my autographed duckys yet LOLOLOL

I was figuring at best...I might have to either use my tub every 2-4 hours each day or, maybe take a percocet if needed..I think I DO NOT need my ms cotin now!  ;D

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 09:57:48 am »
CONGRATS!!

And I'm glad to hear it IS providing you relief as well!

Enjoy and good luck!

Vinny

Mark_Vee

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 10:35:29 am »
Congratulations!!  Glad to hear that your new Coleman 461 is providing you with great relief!!  

georgiapeach

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 11:11:10 am »
CONGRATULATIONS Backpains!!!!  I'm so glad the hot tub is working for your back!  I know it helped my back tremendously.  I had back surgery last August; got the hot tub in November and even though the surgery worked wonders, there is still pain and my hot tub is taking care of that!  

Again, Congraulations!  

Peachy

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 11:45:40 am »
Enjoy.....with regards to your meds....I know from a ankle injury that when you are taking things simply for pain and not to heal ...the best thing you can do is cut back or skip all together ....its great its working for you ...

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005, 03:48:34 pm »
It's so nice to know that the spa is giving you some much needed relief.

I'm  happy you picked Coleman, it  sounds like it was the perfect fit for you. You'll be pleased with the performance and efficiency of your 461.

With heavy useage you may need to keep adding bromine concentrate untill your tablets catch up. Sounds like you have a handle on it already.

I'm happy to hear your husband enjoys the spa as well. Enjoy, sleep well, and keep us posted.

BTW, you're an excellent spokesman for Coleman Spas, and the therapuetic values of hot water therapy. ;) ;)

Spahappy :D

Backpains

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2005, 07:18:57 pm »
ty spahappy!
I'm not getting total relief but then again I never expected to get total relief, but enough to deal with my day.

So far...I am very impressed not only with my Coleman's performance, but my dealer is very personable, he called today to make sure everything was going well.

I was thinking that too, as soon as my dealer said remember you might have to use the bromine granulars a little more in the beginning, until your feeder (I have a floating feeder that feeds the tablets into the water)catches up.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 07:20:27 pm by Backpains »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2005, 09:18:31 pm »
BP,

Way to go, girlfriend!  May the Goddess of Spatopia bless you with crystal, pain-free water.

Whooooaaaaa there GIRL!

I'm hoping you know what a SERIOUS drug "ms-contin" is, especially when using a Hot Tub. Morphine is a fast acting vasodilator that can drop your blood pressure VERY quickly. In fact, it's often given to reduce blood pressure during heart attacks. Getting in that tub can compound the effect, especially if you start playing with your dosage. For example, not taking any for a few days, then having a "BAD" day, taking some and THEN getting in the tub.

A word of caution. If you start getting sleepy while in the tub, get out quick! It might be your only warning before passing out. Please be VERY careful with this issue!

Ya know, Drewski, the same thing happens to me after a martini-tinged soak....but I don' heed no steeenkeeng warnings........ :P
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2005, 09:45:38 pm »
backpains I have turned completely green with envy.  I am so happy to hear that this is helping you.  I cant wait to get my father into the tub, his back is a real mess as well.  he just had his second major back surgery on his l5 s1 this time.  

I hear that the hot tub is wonderful for the back.  I cant wait to see what happens.  

Keep posting, dont forget the little people in your life.

txwillie

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2005, 10:34:29 pm »
Hon, I'm so glad it is working for you. I myself, cannot begin to understand the depth of your back pains, but I can say that my pains from sitting at a PC for 10 hours a day do not exist since I got my tub. Good luck, peace, comfort and a good night's sleep to you!

txwillie

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2005, 10:34:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42