What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bought a new Tub..THANKS!  (Read 2250 times)

themoc

Bought a new Tub..THANKS!
« on: June 26, 2005, 06:03:54 pm »
Just wanted to say a big "thank you" to everyone in here for providing very good counsel and commentary on hot tubs. As a consumer who prefers to know and understand before he buys, I found the information on this site extremely valuable.

Based on everything I read, we decided to stick to either Hot Springs or Sundance, as there are local retailers for both about 5 minutes from our house. Decided to wet test both this weekend.

First stop was HS and really thought I was going to walk out disappointed. Hopped into the envoy first, but it just wasn't a great fit for me. I really thought I would love the Moto Massage, and it was OK, but again, not quite right for me. Moved over into the Accollade, and again, same story. Was beginning to think the tub route was not for me.

Finally, though, we went into the Vanguard and that was a great tub. The new model had 2 Moto Massgae seats, one with one Moto and one with Dual Motos. For whatever reason, the jets on this one fit me to a tee and I realized I MUST own a tub. The price on this one though was a stretch for us at $9,000 and we decided to sleep on it. The dealer had an old 2003 Vanguard for about $6,500, which was more in our range, but it wasn't new and it just didn't "feel right."

The next day, we visited Sundance and tested Optima and the Cameo before stepping into the Altamar. Once again, the Altamar was the winner of the group. The dealer had a new Majesta, but it didn't have water in it and we couldn't test it. Sitting in the shell, though, it didn't feel like it had the room we wanted, and I kind of liked the lounger on the Altamar which the Majesta didn't have.

At the end of the day, we decided on the Sundance Altamar, although the Vanguard was also a great tub. For us, the Sundance dealer had a "scratch and dent" Altamar that knocked the price down to about $7K, and they had a special for free steps, free Ozonator, free start up chemicals, free delivery, etc. Tax, of course, bumped the price up, but it was closer to our price range than was the Vanguard, so we went with it.

Our backyard re-landscaping starts next Monday, and we've got a call into the company asking them to modify the patio to include the hot tub. Will have to convert some paver stones to a concrete pad, but should work out just fine. Already working with an electrician as well, so should be ready to receive the tub after the 4rth.

AM SUPER EXCITED to be a tub owner, and can't wait for the first dip. I'll post again when we take delivery and let everyone know how the experience plays out. For other consumers out there, I CANNOT emphasize enough how IMPORTANT the wet test is. The HS Envoy and the Sundance Optima are wonderful tubs, but they didn't "fit" me, and that is important to know for the amount of money being spent. Don't buy it without testing it out first.

Again, a big thanks to this forum and everyone on it for all the great info. Really helped me make a more informed decision!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 06:05:02 pm by themoc »

Hot Tub Forum

Bought a new Tub..THANKS!
« on: June 26, 2005, 06:03:54 pm »

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
Re: Bought a new Tub..THANKS!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 06:12:15 pm »
Congrats and welcome to the Sundance family. My wife and I bought the Majesta and LOVE it!! Our decision was between the Majesta and Optima. We chose the Majesta mainly because it will be just the two of us in the spa (no kids) and maybe another couple from time to time. The Altamar is a great looking spa and as you said, it "fit" you so that is what counts. I am sure you will enjoy endless hours of fun once you take delivery. We are having our second tier deck completed and it will be done by the end of this week, just in time for the 4th! Of course we've been enjoying the spa since we took delivery in May  ;D  

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 07:14:34 pm »
P.S.- Also remember a spa can feel different even if it's the same size as in the Majesta and Altamar. They are both 6'9" x 7'2" x 37.5" but I am sure they have different feels when in them. The obvious one is the Altamar has a lounger while the Majesta does not. The jets are about the same with the Majesta having 2 more than the Altamar and the Altamar has no waterfall. You did the right thing by wet testing the spa and there will be no surprises when you take delivery. Once again, congratulations and enjoy your new spa  ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 07:14:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42