What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: help! Baqua chemicals long  (Read 3047 times)

bkprince

help! Baqua chemicals long
« on: June 24, 2005, 02:18:24 pm »
Hi, I have been reading these forums since we started looking for a hot tub last fall. We decided on the Marquis Everyday hot 415. We are loving it. Back in March we drained and refilled. When we refilled we were having constant promblems keeping the water balanced so we drained aqain. My husband talked to someone that sells the Baqua spa chemicals and he decied to use those chemicals to see if we could keep the water balance by using the Baqua chemicals. Well we have been able to keep the water crystal clear and every thing balanced  but I am having a hard time with the oder . It is like when I get in the oder is so strong it's like I get a bad chemical taste in my mouth ( weird, my husband thinks I am crazy) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thaks
Brett

Hot Tub Forum

help! Baqua chemicals long
« on: June 24, 2005, 02:18:24 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: help! Baqua chemicals long
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 04:35:08 pm »
We used baqua for about a year, then switched.  
We kept coughing every time we used the spa, didn't really have any odor problems, but the water was really fizzy when we turned the jets on, and it irritated our lungs.  One place suggested using Spa Perfect (I think) instead of Baqua's waterline control, but it didn't help.
Brewman
Brewman

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 08:38:15 am »
We have used Baqua when we first got our Tiger River Caspian.  We always had problems, so we switched to Nature 2.  I got a bad rash from the clorine used with Nature 2, so had to switch again our chemicals.  Now we are using Spa Guard Soft Soak (supose to the same as Baqua).  We still have the same problems, foam, smell, and cloudy water.  I was told by my Soft Soak dealer to try ***Spa Guard Natural Spa Enzyme***.  You put it in once a week, and so far no scum line, no foam, and water smells and looks great.  This product can be used with your Baqua.  Any dealer that handles Spa Guard products should have it.  This is what it says on the web site for Spa Guard:    
 Compatible with ALL Spa Care Systems!  
SpaGuardŽ Natural Spa Enzyme

Natural enzyme formulation for use in spas and hot tubs. Helps break down organic contaminants, scum formation and odor. Water is clearer and overall experience is enhanced. Helps prevent oily buildup on filter(s).

Hope this helps.    :)Lynnette                                                          
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 08:42:37 am by lynnette »

KennyG

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 05:39:19 pm »
Hello

We've been using Baqua Spa stuff for two years and haven't had one problem period. We've been using them since day one with our Marquis Euphoria and the only small gripe has been with some foam buildup. But that usally happens two months past the last water change. My wife has some pretty bad allergies and between both of us no hacking, sneezing, or ordor complaints.
  With Baqua Spa stuff it's either you love it or hate it. The only thing I question is you did flush out the spa twice before adding the Baqua products right? It's highly recommended that when switching products like Baqua and a chlorine base one (or vice versa) that the spa be filled, ran, and drained twice. There's some chemicals you have to add to help rid of the previously used one so not to cause any problems with what you switch to. It's been awhile since I've read this but do a search (Google it) and you might find more info on your problem. Good luck.

Kenny J.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 03:25:30 pm »
Glad to hear that someone can use the stuff.  We used ours from the get go, and never could get the hang of it.  
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 03:25:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42