What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Lightening Strike... :-(  (Read 2458 times)

georgiapeach

Lightening Strike... :-(
« on: June 23, 2005, 12:48:35 pm »
Well, I can't believe this happened to me....okay....with the way my luck has been running lately, it shouldn't have surprised me... :-(  Had a lightening strike on my house on Tuesday....scared the living you know what outta me.   My siren on my alarm system went off and I could not shut it off for anything.  I was totally losing it!  My neighbor came over and tried to shut it off; no luck...finally he just cut the damn wire...LOL.  Anyway, started looking around for damage and of course the first place I checked was the hot tub....no power!  I'm like OMG!  Checked the breaker box....both had tripped....tried to re-set....power came back on but the heater won't.... :-(  How bad is this?  I have no idea....dealer will be out in a couple of hours.  Is this covered under warranty?  I was scared to ask, so I didn't.  Figured I'd find out when they got to the house.  Along with the hot tub, I lost 2 ceiling fans in the Sun room, my router and modem for the computer, my garage door opener, and my alarm system (which the folks came out yesterday and fixed).  And to top it all off, since the husband is gone, I'm having to deal with this all by myself.... :-(  Yea, I'm whinning a little bit.  Thank god I have wonderful neighbors/friends that have been there for me.  I know it could have been much worse, i.e., lost the whole house, so I'm very thankful it wasn't much worse!  

Peachy.... :(

Hot Tub Forum

Lightening Strike... :-(
« on: June 23, 2005, 12:48:35 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Lightening Strike... :-(
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 12:50:58 pm »
I see this all the time in my Home Pc repair business.  Most of this should be covered by Home owners insurance.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 12:52:47 pm »
What kind of spa do you own? Maybe it is one with a reset button on the heater itself.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

georgiapeach

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 12:53:56 pm »
What kind of spa do you own? Maybe it is one with a reset button on the heater itself.

It's a Hot Springs, Grandee.  I'm fixing to leave work now and head home.  The Service are on their way.  I'll have to e-mail from work tomorrow with update, since my modem died on my computer at home... :-(

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 01:03:49 pm »
I'm so sorry this has happened peach. Hope they can fix your hot tub and you can get everything back in order without to much out of pocket expenses. On a brighter note...at least you got people to help you right?

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 01:27:04 pm »
I'm so sorry, Peachy!!!

I hope all goes well!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 03:47:11 pm »
I am so glad!!

That you are still with us to tell the story!

If your heater doens't respond to a simple press of the reset button (it most likely will) then it will be replaced under the 'no fault warranty.'

;D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 03:47:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42