What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First timer going at at.....  (Read 6248 times)

newtubber1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
First timer going at at.....
« on: June 21, 2005, 03:46:07 pm »
First timer spa searcher.....just started looking last weekend and plan to go out again this weekend.

Spas I looked at this weekend - 2 of them were recommended to me one was not.

Please give me your thoughts......

Jacuzzi - not recommended but knew the name.

Marqui - recommended by a friend.

Tiger River - recommended by a co-worker.

This weekend I am going to 2 more places:

Sundance - not recommended

Cal Spas - recommended by 2 neighbors.

If people are interested...I will post my Likes & Dis-Likes.

Hot Tub Forum

First timer going at at.....
« on: June 21, 2005, 03:46:07 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: First timer going at at.....
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 03:56:28 pm »
You've got some great spas to look at and don't forget to take your swimsuit along too.

We look forward to your indepth report! ;D

Steve

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 05:01:00 pm »
Newtubber also if you have a Coleman dealer in your area look at theirs too, I got the 461, which is a 4 person hot tub for $5700.00 they are very nice hot tubs

newtubber1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 05:17:16 pm »
Thanks for the tip - but the phone number in the yellow pages for the Coleman store is no longer in service.  I will check the Coleman web sight for a store near me.

newtubber1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 05:21:10 pm »
I don't believe I have a Master spa store close to me and I know for a fact that I don't have a Dimention 1 store.  They were recommended to me by a family member in a nother state so I searched them and the store that did carry them is no longer around.  I must find a store that has been around a while...would hate to buy one and them have the store close.  

Thanks for the tips.

AAAAAAA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 07:25:03 pm »
From everything I have read.. sundance should ne on your recommended list.

Check out epinions.com to get a feel of diffrent makes.

JJ

• Vita Nuage
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 09:43:44 pm »
 I must find a store that has been around a while...would hate to buy one and them have the store close.  

NewTubber - I personally think you are on the right track with this comment.  I wet tested almost every spa on your list.  Some I liked, some I didn't.  In the end I bought a Vita spa from a dealer who had been selling them since he went into business in 1992.  All of the other spas I liked but didn't buy were because the dealer carrying them only had them for less than 2 years, or because the dealer could only give me reasons why I shouldn't buy other spas, not why I should buy his.

I'm not going to claim the spa I bought is the best or the only one worth considering.  But so far, I will claim the dealer is.  Go test them all, ask us for advice, but buy from someone you trust.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 09:45:09 pm by JJ »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 08:55:20 am »
Newtubber,

I just bought a Tiger River Caspain.  It will be dellivered this Monday, so unfortunately I cannot provide any real use info, but for what it's worth,  here some of the features that drew me to this tub:

Watkins/HS manufacturing,  full foam insualtion, 24 hr circ, Cd ozinator, strong warrenty,  established dealer, low operating costs (electrical).

Insualtion and electrical cost were a big concern since the tub will be used  outdoors, year round in N.E.

Priced relativly moderate. ( $7k: cover, lifter, steps, ozinator, chems, delivery)

Foot  pod.  My wife fell in love with the foot pod and this was one of the few in  our range that offered this feature.

Wet Test: fit my wife and I the best.  

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 10:14:48 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Backpains

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 09:07:21 am »
newtubber;

it's too bad that you don't have a Coleman Dealer in your area, they are really nice tubs and with the name of Coleman you can't go wrong (sorry guys I'm just gushing over Coleman hold your eyes tightly closed now!) I was amazed cause when I first got ready to go to the Coleman dealer I had in mind I would probably buy a HS but, when I walked in there it was WOW!

newtubber1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2005, 09:11:59 am »
Thanks to those with the good input......but I don't understand the 2 people that started fighting on here.  I will take the good input and use it, as for the 2 fighting - if you think this is helpfull than please don't try to help.

Update:  All three places I went to last weekend took my name and number and as of right now only one called me back and invited me to wet test - that was Jacuzzi.  I will for sure go back and wet test.  Good sign of customer service.

Backpains

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005, 09:33:20 am »
Another thing to look for newtubber, good customer service, me myself if a company does not call me back (with the exception of my back doctor I just keep bugging them ;D ) I think gee do that really want to sell me a hot tub? Sales and customer service and a good company that isn't going anywhere is three of my top things I look for in all my consumer dealings

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2005, 09:48:16 am »
Update:  All three places I went to last weekend took my name and number and as of right now only one called me back and invited me to wet test - that was Jacuzzi.  I will for sure go back and wet test.  Good sign of customer service.

Something to always keep in mind no matter which tub you choose is the dealer. Although mine is fantastic. There were others in the neighbourhood that were equal in client support so the hard part was choosing the tub that fit us best.

Ritz

• Vanguard 2004
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2005, 12:50:46 pm »
Be sure to check the BBB before putting any deposits down.  I lost a $1,000 deposit - 55 complaints, with most in the last 12 months scared me away from that dealer - the salesman was too good and I was too tired at the end of a home/garden show.  Went with another brand with the dealer that had a clean record, clean showroom and long history in the business.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2005, 01:07:02 pm »
Newtubber,

Schedule a wet test of any and all brands that you are considering!  That, to me, was THE primary evaluation that the rest of my shopping was based on!  If I had shopped on price, I would have a spa that I floated around in right now!  Be sure and take your honey with you (mine refused) and that way you will know what works for both of you (if you have a honey, that is)!  Also, take along a notebook and pencil, to record the experience for later reference!

Good luck!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

newtubber1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2005, 05:26:29 pm »
Question -Could this be right? -

I called the Marqui store to see if I could wet test and the salesperson said they were not able to at this time due to health codes?????

I am going tonight to wet test the Jacuzzi...and Thursday I am going to try and wet test the Tiger River if they will let me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2005, 05:26:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42