What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS users RE: Moto Massage  (Read 4120 times)

iggythewetcat

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
HS users RE: Moto Massage
« on: June 22, 2005, 10:46:41 pm »
I have a HS Jetsetter, which I use several nights a week. I never did the due diligence of wet testing that many on this forum seem to do. The Jetsetter was something of an impulse purchase. Yes, I’m happy I got it and it works well. My question is do you think the Moto Massage is something of an “emperors new cloths” feature? That is to say it’s often touted so I think I should like it, but frankly it kind of bugs me. I find it kind of rough without the more pleasurable-therapeutic feeling of a more conventional jet. I did purchase the replacement cover that makes the pulsing wider. That helped, but it’s still an iffy feature to me. I’ve tried fiddling with the controls to find a sweet spot, but often end up closing the diverter so it just shoots in one spot. Do most of you REALLY like it? Does any one have a thought on modifying or making it more pleasurable in some way?

Hot Tub Forum

HS users RE: Moto Massage
« on: June 22, 2005, 10:46:41 pm »

jetster

• Bublin Jetsetter
Re: HS users Moto Massage
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 12:58:16 am »
I really enjoy the moto. :)

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 07:14:30 am »
I love my moto with the hydro-pulse face-plate.  Absolutely my favorite spot to start out in my Vanguard!  The neck jets hit me in the right place on my neck, which is where I carry a lot of my tension.  As those work on my neck, the moto works the tension down through my spine and out of my body.  Once I can actually move my neck without hearing any noises, I move to other seats to release tension in other areas!

This is my experience!   ;D
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 08:23:00 am »
I have the Landmark so the Moto is in the lounger.  

Do I use it?  Yes
Do I like it? Yes
Is it my favorite seat in the tub?  No

I do enjoy the fact that it does move up and down along my back.  It is definitely unique compared to the other jets in my tub.  IMO It doesnt really give a deep massage more of just a nice feeling.  There are plenty of other jets I use for a deep massage in my tub.   I can also get the foot massage going at the bottom of the lounger which adds a nice touch as well.

I havent tried the new hydro-pulse face plate.  

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 08:33:50 am »
Great post Iggy,  There is no spa thats perfect for everyone, I guess this emphasizes the need to wet test.  If 90% love this feature, 10% of the people will be glad you asked and give them something to think about.  I'll have to wait till Lori invites me out to try it, but with OSU about to beat Texas, that may not happen.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Ritz

• Vanguard 2004
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 08:43:14 am »
I like, hubby loves it.  Great when I'm really stiff - love the neck jets with and without the moto.  

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 10:31:23 am »
Three out of four like it in our household. Half of our 'friends who think they are our kids' seem to like it. We actually have an Accolade in the yard right now - no Moto at all.

We are anxious to try the Dual Moto.

Beyond the Hydro pulse plate and adjusting the air/water flow which you have already tried, I can't think of anything else to make the Moto more loveable.

Did you know that you can also put spinners into the four small jets above the Moto? Check with your dealer or cantact me.  Doesn't change the Moto, but it might make that seat more fun for you.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 11:25:15 am »
I didn't know you could change the 4 jets above to spinners?  Man, Chas, you never cease to amaze me!

(ps, I'll be contacting you)

Wmccall, you and the lovely wife (and daughter) are always welcome to try out the tub!  Of course, you know, deep down that the Longhorns are going to stampede your poor Buckeyes!  Sorry to inform you!!   :'(  ;D  ::)

I guess we will see in October!  I may have to visit and try out the Dynasty, since they weren't available in my area.
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

shabba34

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 11:31:20 am »
I didn't know you could change the 4 jets above to spinners?  Man, Chas, you never cease to amaze me!

(ps, I'll be contacting you)

Wmccall, you and the lovely wife (and daughter) are always welcome to try out the tub!  Of course, you know, deep down that the Longhorns are going to stampede your poor Buckeyes!  Sorry to inform you!!   :'(  ;D  ::)

I guess we will see in October!  I may have to visit and try out the Dynasty, since they weren't available in my area.

Lori, I think your spa is 1 year too old in order to put the rotary jets into the precision slots above the motomassage... Wow, that was a run-on sentence..  If I recall, you have a 2003.  It may depend on the quarter it was built in.  Are your 4 precision jets adjustable (Directional)?  If not, too old. :-/

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 11:34:02 am »
It also depends on how you use the tub.  I have a 2004 grandee and I love the spinning jets right across from the steps. They are the most "fun" jets for me in the tub.

But if I want to sit in front of a jet for 2-3 hours, watch TV or a DVD (we roll out a tv sometimes), or have a conversation, or listen to music, or just be by myself and chill without having to move the moto-massage is the only jet that I can do that with in any tub (mine, my sisters, my bro-in-laws, my friend's) that I spend significant time in.

Once I had a back/side muscle spasm and getting into the tub in front of the moto-massage was the only thing that really started to get rid of it. it was a blessing that it covered the whole area that hurt without *me* having to move which, when you are having muscle spasms, is a really big deal!! 8)

-Ed

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 11:34:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42