What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: what made you buy your hot tub....POLL  (Read 14849 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: what made you buy your hot tub....POLL
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2005, 07:59:48 pm »
Wanted it for about 10 years.

I'm hoping for stress relief, relaxation and minor back ache relief.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2005, 07:59:48 pm »

samhunter

• Maxxus, Johnny walker black, Padron aniversario!!!
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2005, 08:13:58 pm »
My body aches after a day at work & i'm to young to feel old, so I bought a big tub & it works, back feels great, knees feel great also a major stress reliever.

SJK

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2005, 08:44:37 pm »
      Like many others, I tried a friend's tub a few winters ago and said "I gotta get me one of these.'  Unfortunately it took until six weeks ago before we had the right place for one.
   I agree with all of the above posts as to relaxation before bed, working out knots in the back, relieving achy muscles after work AND play, entertaining friends etc.  
   But I also find its a great way for my wife and I to reconnect when we start leading busy (and often separate) lives.  Sitting in the hot tub at night under the stars, its a perfect, intimate setting to just relax and talk.  Its been a rather unexpected bonus.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2005, 09:37:02 pm »
My wife.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

popsicle

• 2005 HS Grandee
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2005, 12:03:20 am »
My wife and daughter.
(They always win.)

PS.  They were absolutely right.  I'm in it every night.

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2005, 09:20:04 am »
I was in a car accident and got a small settlement.  I decided, what better to spend the money on than something that would help the resulting pains.  After all, the money was for my pain and suffering (which I do)  Besides, my husband has been living with chronic back pain for years, so it was really something for both of us.  It was the best purchase I ever made.
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2005, 09:51:24 am »
Posted by: Ruby Posted on: Today at 9:20am
I was in a car accident and got a small settlement.  I decided, what better to spend the money on than something that would help the resulting pains.  After all, the money was for my pain and suffering (which I do)  Besides, my husband has been living with chronic back pain for years, so it was really something for both of us.  It was the best purchase I ever made

Ruby, has it helped with the chronic back pain? Cause that is the main reason for buying our coleman, I've had several back surgeries and 3 fusions and I'm at taht point where the only thing doc recommends is a pain pump, I'm trying to avoid this

Kulta

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2005, 09:52:53 am »
We bought our small hot tub for theraputic purposes plus the relaxation it provides. The Watkins Solana Tx (the smallest tub available ) fits into one corner of our 12'x15' glass sunroom,formally an open patio. Our Dr gave us an RX thus no sales tax. We love to relax in the tub at nite looking up at the stars thru the glass roof. We think the senior market is mostly overlooked. Point out the soothing benefit & tax break to older customers! We wish we had bought ours years earlier. BTW Do we own the only Solana TX in N. America? The are NEVER mentioned here.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2005, 10:05:42 am »
I sell between five and ten of them each year. They are the only spa on the planet which doesn't wear a HotSpring logo yet has a Moto Massage Jet.

Great little tub.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2005, 10:23:03 am »
BP:

"Ruby, has it helped with the chronic back pain?"

This is not and easy answer.  As you know, all back problems are different.  He is not a candidate for surgery.  Doc says there's too many discs involved. Plus, now artheritis is kicking in.   Says he just has to learn to live with the pain.  Although, I have read with interest about the pump that you were talking about.  I told my husband to ask about that next time he goes in to the doc.  

Husband really enjoys the tub.  He uses it every morning before work and most nights.  He says when he's in it, is the time that he has least amount of pain.  If only he could stay in 24/7!  

Like I said all backs are different-  I really hope this is the ticket for you!  Good Luck.

Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

shabba34

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2005, 11:13:30 am »
I sell between five and ten of them each year. They are the only spa on the planet which doesn't wear a HotSpring logo yet has a Moto Massage Jet.

Great little tub.

Chas
I sell about 30-40 TX's a year down here in FL.  We sell a lot of them in Key West.  Limited spaces, great little tub.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2005, 11:16:58 am »
Ditto here, 30-40 TX's for patios, bathrooms, mobile homes, townhouses, houseboats.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2005, 12:32:46 pm »
Great question Backpains,

I bought my first tub 11 years ago because I started selling them and it was a job requirement ( tough job huh.)

It changed my life. My kids were 4, 5, and 6 at the time and we had just bought an old victorian home that required a bunch of money and many hours of hard work to restore. On top of that I was working 6 days a week and raising a family.

While other friends were able to buy boats and take trips, we soaked our (poor) sore bones in our backyard spa and enjoyed watching our kids play and swim in the spa. It was my sanctuary and my only vacation for many years. It created an intimate stress free enviroment for my husband and I, and is probably one of the reasons we're still married after all these years lol.

The first hand ownership experience certainly helped me sell them as well. We're older the kids are older and we've been able to take vacations and buy boats now. Nothing compares to the conveinence and stress relief I get from my backyard spa. It's hot and ready for whenever I choose to use it. :)  

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2005, 01:47:09 pm »
Had one years ago and loved it.  Keeps me from being stuff and sore no matter what I do.  Also the only way I can enjoy being outside in the winter.

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2005, 10:07:56 pm »
Because chicks dig it.
How do you know how much you don't know?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2005, 10:07:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42