What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: RockSpool  (Read 4550 times)

Loren

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
RockSpool
« on: June 20, 2005, 04:41:02 pm »
Anybody heard of RockSpool http://www.rockspool.com/?  Anyone want to offer an opinion based on the web site?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 12:20:51 pm by wmccall »

Hot Tub Forum

RockSpool
« on: June 20, 2005, 04:41:02 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: RockSpool
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 05:04:32 pm »
I have serviced many tubs of this type. They have an undeniable appeal, and the sample photos on that web site are certainly some nice-looking installations.

The one thing you need to know right off the bat is that this an open spa - like most in-grounds. Because of the the odd shape and the waterfalls, you really can't get a good insulating cover on the things, therefore you can't hope to keep them hot all the time. If you don't mind paying the cost of energy, you can run a timeclock on multiple cycles each day and have the heat set to keep it just warm, so you only have to kick the heater up the last five degrees or so. That costs less and the wait would be minimal if a huge heater is installed.

That might not be an issue if you are a casual user and want the thing mainly for the looks. If you are trying to get serious hydromassage on a regular basis, put in a fountain and go get a real hot tub from a major player.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 11:33:29 pm »
OH THAT'S SWEET! :o

If I lived in Hawaii, one of those would be in my back yard. If I'm mistaken, though Chas brings up the cover issue, I don't think these applications are generally in colder climates and therefore would not be a primary concern.

These are strictly for esthetics and wouldn't provide much in the way of comfort or therapy I'm guessing. Stunning appearance but not for people looking to gain the therapeutic benefits of an authentic spa.

I gotta get out of this frozen tundra...anyone looking for a middle aged, balding fat guy to sell tubs or rep in a warm climate? 8) ;D

Steve

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 11:54:40 am »
Yes. Send me a PM if you are serious.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 07:43:04 pm »
Oh Chas, you know Steve is a tease!

:-* ;)

He won't ever leave the frozen tundra, not for any more than a week or so maybe!!!

;D
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 07:43:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42