What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What has happened to this place???  (Read 2656 times)

Soakin

What has happened to this place???
« on: June 14, 2005, 05:13:06 pm »
I haven't been around much lately, but it appears to me that over the course of the past few months... this site has changed from a forum for helpful discussion and information, to a battlefield.  Controversial topics generate pages of postings, while people with questions or in need of help are lucky to get a few responses -- and those usually come from other consumers.  Did all of you professionals lose interest in helping the consumers? ???

This used to be the best hot tub board for helpful and lively discussion.  The professionals seemed to go out of their way to try to offer unbiased input (not always succesfull ;), but they tried).  If there was controversy, it seemed to me that everyone tried to be respectful, and good humor abounded.  Now it seems to be becoming less and less civil, and more focused on promoting individual agendas. :P  I'd hate to see it continue moving this direction.

Yours truly,

Cal

Hot Tub Forum

What has happened to this place???
« on: June 14, 2005, 05:13:06 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: What has happened to this place???
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 05:22:15 pm »
Point taken Cal.

This board goes through cycles where we sometimes need to defend the integrity of the industry and attempts are made at weeding out the sensationalism of certain people and the way in which they promote themselves and their product. Sometimes it gets nasty but there's no regulation on who can post and what their agenda might be. It does drag it down a bit at times but the main group of owners and industry people that offer their free services still do a great job. They don't have to but they do it because it's their passion and they love their spa. I respect that!

You have a good point and hopefully we'll all get back to the reason we're here...

Steve

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 05:31:04 pm »
Cal Buddy,This is for you!(The name change)you are right sometimes the attacks come from no where.I thank you for your personal time to come to this site and dedicate yourself to this industry,(and all its shamefulness)Thanks again!! ;D
-SpaMan~

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 05:44:24 pm »
I would echo your sentiments Cal.  It seems that personal agendas take over many times over providing good information.

As my family has been in the car business a long time (50 years), I know how it is to be overly biased about one product over another (trust me on that one), and the ensuing debates.  

Having said that, what also drew me to this board initially, was exactly what the title said "what's the best hot tub".  I was looking at the time for a new spa, and 75% of the time still find good information here.

I would suggest, IMHO, that some of the threads (specifically recent ones) would be better left to private messages or emails than posted on this board.  

my 2 canadian cents....(.135 american)

Mark
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 05:45:41 pm by golferm »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 05:44:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42